With the 10th pick..

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 7, 2024.

?

Who do you pick if all these are still available at Pick#10

1. Rome Odunze (WR)

30.2%
  2. Brock Bowers (TE)

17.5%
  3. Fashanu or another OL

41.3%
  4. I rather trade down if these are my choices

11.1%
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ok right yeah those Vegas odds are about as useless as it gets but you can celebrate them.

Tell your grandkids about that one time we had like the 7th best odds to win the Super Bowl lol

Kronoking likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hope that you're right about the Giants not taking an OT. I've seen several mocks that had them taking an OT.

Jets79 likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Jets could also be a bit forward thinking if Bowers and the top two tackles are gone.

Trade down and take Fuaga. Plug him in at a guard spot and let him blow holes open and evaluate if you think he can play tackle next year when the old guys are gone. Make him and Simpson compete in camp. We don’t need to take a tackle and automatically relegate him to the bench.

The Cowboys did this with Tyler Smith. Tyron Smith got hurt and he was forced to play tackle. They kicked him back inside and he was a second team all pro left guard and a nasty run blocker.

Or they can take one of the several explosive receivers and have a good young 1-2 duo in Wilson and whoever it is. A receiver like Brian Thomas or Odunze would let Wilson free lance in the slot.

I just have a feeling they’re gonna take Laiatu Latu though.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  4. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Wow lol, you must be fun at parties. The point (that you clearly missed) was that we have a good football team right now and I personally am excited for the year. If Rodgers is healthy he can still play at a top 10 qb level, saying we were stupid in trading a 2nd round pick for him is pretty silly. I guess if we do win a SB with him you can tell your grandkids that you thought it was stupid..

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

To me the surprise pick might be Cooper DeJean if he drops to ten. Arguably giving us the best set of CB anywhere. The board would explode of course but such is life

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

we didn’t trade a 2nd round pick for Rodgers. I WISH that was all that was exchanged

IDFjet likes this.
  7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Jets
    receive:

• QB Aaron Rodgers
    • 2023 first-round pick (No. 15 overall: DE Will McDonald IV)
    • 2023 fifth-round pick (No. 170 overall: Traded to Raiders)
    Packers receive:

• 2023 first-round pick (No. 13: DE Lukas Van Ness)
    • 2023 second-round pick (No. 42: TE Luke Musgrave)
    • 2023 sixth-round pick (No. 207: K Anders Carlson)
    • 2024 conditional second-round pick (becomes a first if Rodgers plays 65 percent of snaps)

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

There was no damn good reason for the 2024 pick or the 1st round pick swap--the packers had to dump him. I think you and I agree on this if only JD had more patience.

BrowningNagle, Jets79 and ouchy like this.
  9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

According to the wagering, we have the 7th best odds to win the AFC, and are tied with the Chargers, Falcons, and Rams for the 13th best odds to win the SB. Over the last 13 years a younger Aaron Rodgers was on plenty of teams that were top 1-3 in the league, and he still never got there.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I completely disagree

11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

No more defense!

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'd guess you were "personally...excited" last year as well. Don't forget to tell your grandchildren about that.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well, for whatever is worth, NFL mock 3.0 has 3 QBs, followed by 3 WRs, one OT and 2 DE going in the top 9, and roll the drums…Jets select Bowers over the rest of the OL at 10. Hate mail will fly by many, asking for JDs head. My uneducated guess is that this guy could be the next Kelcy without the side show but what do I know.

#773 LAJet, Mar 23, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  14. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Same offseason hero fueled sucker bet as last year.

With the same ignoring in the fact they have a teams like Cleveland at almost double the odds, and who are better and outperform us in every area.

At +4000 on Cleveland that actually isn't a bad value bet imo. Pittsburgh is at +5000. I'll take both Watson and Russ's 2024 to outperform Rodgers' age 41 season.

15. Kronoking

And if you want a further example of just how flawed and influenced by bs hype these odds can really be, they got the other offseason hero Bears at +3000, and Chargers at +3000. Notably ahead of 2 legit caliber playoff teams above.

Year 1 Super Bowl for Caleb or Harbaugh!

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Rex Ryan went to the AFCC as a rookie head coach with rookie Mark Sanchez at QB. Harbaugh has been to the Super Bowl as a QB and HC and he has a legit franchise QB now and a top 5 pick. It's unlikely but not fantasy land.

17. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

What is it with you guys and grandkids lol. Yes I was excited and excited this year as well, who slammed a door on your nuts? Geez, Its ok to be happy with your sports team.

NY Jets68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. Kronoking

Right, but just like our supposed chances that all doesn't get to take place in a vacuum :)

Cracking into the AFC playoff field this year is going to be a crowded and tough ask with Cincy back in that picture. I can't see Harbaugh pulling that big of a rabbit out of the hat. The Chargers are the one AFC team i listed I actually think should be behind us.

19. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Rodgers to Bowers has such a nice poetic ring to it, especially in the red zone, where games are often won and lost. How often do you get the opportunity to draft a TE who has the potential to be an all-pro for the next 8-10 years? This team hasn't had an impactful TE since Mickey Shuler, whose last season was 33 years ago. Long story short, playmaking TEs do not grow on trees.

abyzmul likes this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is. Until they slam a door on your nuts. Again.

Sooner or later you learn to control your enthusiasm. At least until they make it to the playing field.