JD is the undertaker!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rockinz, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

He has dug all these holes on offence and has filled them all up too!

I haven’t been the biggest JD fan but I respect what he has done this offseason to make this a team a team that can compete. No doubt about it we are all in with AJ suited. He has added Vets to fill our positions of need that have played at a high level ARod, T Smith, Moses trade, Williams and Simpson. Now, here’s the best part it’s freed him up to take the best player available at the draft for our future. This is how actual good organizations do it and finally we aren’t forced to make a position pick!

Option 1: Alt or Nabers falls to 10 and you run to the podium.
    Option 2: Trade back with a team that needs/likes a QB prospect in front of the Vikings, Broncos and Raiders.
    Option 3: Trade up for Alt or Harrison
    Option 4: Take Bowers, Fuaga or Brian Thomas at 10

Those are the options in my opinion and I’m fine with any of them.

azhar80, NYJetsO12, NOVAJET and 3 others like this.
  2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Digging souls
    Filling holes

Sent from my genius mind.

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Digging holes, taking souls.

Pick number 10 is wide open. The first 3 picks will be QBs I could even see Minn trading up to 4 to also take a QB or 5 before the NYG because there's rumors they like a QB too. So 4 QBs in first 4 or 5 picks.

I would like to trade up to 5 or 6 if possible to grab Joe Alt.

If the team decides to stay at 10 and see how the board falls and Alt, MHJ and Nabbers are all gone I'd think about trading back but that's easier said than done. There has to be someone for a team to trade up for, maybe Bowers but I'm not so sure.

Adding OL should be the number 1 priority. If Alt is gone I feel like the other OL are a reach at 10 so maybe swerve to an offensive playmaker. This is very exciting. Who knows what they're going to do!

AG3 likes this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Any D-lineman worth grabbing?

stinkyB likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’d be awesome if Douglas had a lot of foresight for the future. With no major holes at the very moment, he trades down for a QB desperate team and picks up what we gave away in the Rodgers trade in additional second and third round picks.

The other thing he could do is grab a tackle for the future or Bowers if there’s no trade down option.

I’m going to throw my fucking phone through the TV if we take a defensive lineman.

6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Great job by JD overall! He did plug offensive holes with really good, albeit injury prone players. Still, major kudos for that.

But still that old Jets fan in me keeps saying that now defense may be more of a concern. Losing Huff and to a lesser extent not matching Jefferson's 3.5 mil dollar contract will weaken the pass rush. I wish JD kept these guys and maybe not sign Kinlaw. Perhaps getting Clowney is what the doctor ordered.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

JD is still 26-56 going into this season even with the moves. Either they pan out or Woody blows this shit up. JD is acting like a GM who knows its the bottom of the ninth and 2 outs. Hope for the best. Plan for the worse.

#7 Cman68, Mar 19, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
  8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Good to see we're pulling out our off-season Superbowl again! Better translate to the regular season

9. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I know, but this is it- and you can tell he finally realizes that.

Playoffs or he's gone. Win/Win for fans.

Jets79, barfolomew and Cman68 like this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I mean if that were the case, why did he not bring Huff? 2 years, 17 mil per is not crazy and would make the team better. And we had his rights. CAP hit only 4.3 mil this year (more later of course but still he could have fitted him in). The moves he made, he didn't really spend a lot. Aside from Kinlaw, whom he overpaid at 7 mil. Seems like a worse version of Jefferson for double the price. But what it feels like to me is not that he is a desperate GM (that would be overpaying everyone) but that JD finally woke the fuck up, but still is making JD like moves - generally not overpaying, cost conscious etc.

I still think he fucked up with Huff, but hopefully other moves will make up for it. If he did what he did AND kept Huff, I would say this is probably one of the best GM job out of anyone in NFL thus far this year.

Jets79 likes this.
  11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

JD will be 6 feet under alright if the Jets don't make the playoffs next season.

Most of his moves are high risk, high reward. That's what happens when you draft horribly and have to overreach in FA.

There's a reason no one has the Jets as having one of the best free agency periods...because their biggest acquisitions have MAJOR injury concerns.

We'll see how it plays out but some of the fanboy reactions on here are comical at best and quite sad actually.

JD is hanging on by a thread and he's praying this strategy of going all in with a bunch of older, oft injured veterans for one season will pay off.

I can't wait for the Jets to find a real football architect who understands player evaluations and can build a great foundation through the draft and add to it every year with more good picks. This franchise needs this so badly it's not funny.

These get rich quick plans almost never work. We shall see but I have huge doubts.

12. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we still have the biggest hole yet to be filled. Hackett is still the OC

13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Possibly the best reply.

here’s the thing he’s actually not the OC… he’s there to give a call to ARod and ARod decides at the line what the play is. He’s there to massage Aries ego and be his bitch. Which most coaches wouldn’t stand for,,. Here’s the curve ball… ARod won 2 league MVPs being the de facto OC so it does work…

14. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Yep, Arod is the OC. Its clear as day. I think this is common with veteran very good QBs. I think Brady was his own OC too (that's why all his OCs crapped the bed when they went anywhere else).

Jets79 likes this.
  15. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Our best seasons we're signing free agents and going all in I for one am excited . Either it works or we fall flat again

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Why didn't he bring back Huff? Because he drafted Will McDonald which was a blunder as it created an issue that didn't have to happen. JD isn't one to admit mistakes easily and he really needs McDonald to play a lot better in '24 or else it will be another smear.

17. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

He has made me look like a fool. No doubt about it. He deserves credit and praise for this offseason.

18. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I was close. Glad I'm not the only one that thought of the literal undertaker lol

Sent from my genius mind.

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

JD has had a good offseason, and he probably will have a good draft. That is great and all BUT.... show me results starting in September. Winning in March and April is nice, but I want wins starting in September and lots of them.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm not giving Douglas a pass because he signed 3 players who are towards the end of their careers.

I've been down this road. Let's see some fucking wins, a playoff appearance, a playoff victory, and then maybe I will concede he had a good offseason.

All of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment because you are going to get into the SB or bust mindset again.