Mecole Hardman

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Feb 11, 2024.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I couldn't be happier for him! He caught the game-winning TD in overtime, and I think had that long catch in the 1st half that was most of their offense in the 1st half. He was classy when asked about what happened with the Jets. He didn't trash Hackett or the Jets. Instead, he said things just didn't work out, and that things happen the way they're supposed to. I have to root for a guy like that.

Pepsiguy5, westiedog1, Borat and 7 others like this.
  2. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I said to my gf in the 4th qtr that she should keep an eye on Hardman... that the Jets couldn't find a role for him, so it's fitting he'd be a SB hero.
    Such a pleasure watching great, competent coaches putting their players in positions to succeed... something I haven't seen here in too long.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Just painful year overall as a jets fan

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Amazing. JD gets rid of him when we ourselves were short on WR and not out of it yet (for a 6th for 7th round swap in 2025, i.e. nothing) and he catches SB winning TD for the Chiefs. I suppose it wouldn't have mattered for us anyway since the season went down the drain due to other roster deficiencies regardless, but it has been a long time since JD made a trade where we came out ahead of the other team. This has to change in 2024.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Good for Mecole.

Glad he got to shine.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

there is a world of difference between catching passes from Mahomes and from the Jets efforts at QB - Mahomes makes everyone look great, we need miracle workers that can make our QBs look average. good for him though - a cool memory and moment for sure.

7. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Haclk will say "I didn't know he could catch"

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, another survivor from the wreckage of the '23 Jets makes good on another team. Seems to be a pattern..

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That was a cool play design too. He came down in motion like he was going one direction but then immediately cut back to where he originally was. With Kelce in between him and the defender it freed him easily.

Good luck with Hackett coming up with anything cool like that

Jets81, Pepsiguy5, NY Jets68 and 5 others like this.
  10. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Other than talking my wife "down" from the curtain rod (she's a HUGE 49'er fan) the only thought that went through my head was, "our fantastic band of morons traded this guy away for, what I can only assume, was his inability to play in our whiz bang system." Just interesting to watch yet another former NY Jet somehow show they are more than capable....when not being coached by a clown car of fools.

11. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

There's a big difference having Zach Wilson throwing to you vs. Mahomes.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Hardman confirmed why the Jets let him go, he had no idea that catch was the winning TD.

Congrats to him, however, remarkable achievement.

13. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Nate Hackett to the press next week:

Reporter: Nate, what did you think about Hardman catching the game winner?
    Nate: Who?
    Reporter: Mecole Hardman, guy who caught the winning touchdown.
    Nate: Yeah, was watching the game and thought that kid could really play. Great hands. Definitely somebody we should think about signing this offseason. Could probably really help out our offense.
    Reporter, and all Jets fans: o_O:eek::mad:

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

to be fair most people didnt know what the hell was going on, they changed the rules so many times.

Also why even have a game clock running if the clock doesn't matter and both teams get a series no matter what?

15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

That's actually a legitimate point for the playoffs.

I guess they do it so they have a marker of how long it took, so they can compare it historically to other overtime games (since we had that St. Louis/Carolina playoff game that reached a 2nd OT), but it really does serve no functional purpose in the playoff format of this new OT rule.

What they really need to do is just adopt a modified version of the college OT rule and just be done with it.

#15 jets_fan, Feb 12, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
  16. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah it was interesting the way the clock works…I knew that if the first team scores a FG, the other team gets a possession to either tie or win, but I didn’t know that the clock doesn’t matter in that situation. Had KC scored a FG to tie, in a regular season game that would just go down as a tie when OT time runs out, but in the playoffs it would roll into a 2nd quarter because you can’t end a playoff game in a tie.

But I didn’t know that the 2nd team gets to finish their first possession regardless of time…

ColoradoContrails, NCJetsfan and dmw like this.
  17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

And here's the funny part....the one time last season where Zach and Mahomes faced off, Zach dominated Mahomes in every QB category. Something that's never happened to Mahomes up to that point. So frustrating. We just couldn't figure out how to bottle what Zach had to offer. Great one day, horrible the next 3.

18. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Chiefs have great coaching.

19. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Same. I was thinking that KC better score before the clock runs out in OT, but that wasn't the case.

barfolomew likes this.
  20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

JD can’t evaluate talent at the most important positions of a football team.

Just more insult to injury as a NYJ fan.

Good for Hardman though. Glad to see It for him.