Will Saleh survive this storm?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Feb 1, 2024.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Pete Carroll is kinda perfect. He is used to the circus and could turn this team around with the existing roster

2. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Are you not aware of the history with Carroll and the Jets? He’s as likely as Bellichik to come back here. And I don’t blame him one bit.

Centiment likes this.
  3. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I can't imagine Belichick, Carroll or Vrabel wanting to come to a team tethered to an aging narcissist at QB who has the erratic owner wrapped around his little finger. All three of them are used to calling all the shots without interference.

As for Carroll, I doubt any hard feelings remain. It was the prior ownership that fired him. Remember that Leon Hess let Carroll go because he didn't want to miss the opportunity to hire Rich Kotite when Kotite became available? (Just typing that makes my fingers hurt).

As for Belichick, he left when it became clear that either Woody or James Dolan was going to buy the team. Belichick didn't want to work for either of them. Can't blame him. I'm sure there was also an element of tampering by Kraft, who wanted Belichick in New England.

mezzavo, papapump, Ralebird and 7 others like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It was also probably a huge blessing in disguise for Carroll who went on to obviously have massive success at USC.

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If he does, I'll eat a bowl full of crow.

6. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Bottom line, Salah isnt the guy.

With an elite defense and a aged MVP QB the Jets are in win now mode. Saleh doesnt add any value. The Athletic article shows (just get to 7 wins?) his public persona is not how he is in reality.

Bring in Carroll, Vrabel, Belli and that INCREASES the possibility of playoffs this year.

SOJAZ likes this.
  7. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

More importantly will I survive it? How many Jets fans will perish before Woody "sucks wood" Johnson's evil reign will end? Thousands will perish and countless millions of treasure will be lost before we enter the playoffs again, if God be not against us. But I doubt it. For while I believe with you in the doctrine of Green and White Power the Johnsons are determined to hold onto this franchise. They are not an intelligent, noble people as we are, for they were born with silver spoons up their asses. But when they own something they would rather put lead in baby powder than relinquish one iota of control and what I fear is, they will ruin this franchise totally before letting anyone else save it.

-Paraphrasing of Sam Houston's anti-secession speech in March of 1861.

papapump, Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

I am very aware. But the alternative is unemployment

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Pete Carroll has zero relationship with this Jets organization. There are plenty of reasons he won't come here, but history is not one of them.

10. Ralebird

Why is this thread even running? It's been made very clear that, other than a little eyewash, the owner is satisfied with his front office and coaching staffs.

11. BrowningNagle

It is absolutely not clear. The fans and media haven’t heard from Woody Johnson since they introduced Aaron Rodgers in almost a year

It was a media report that he is giving Douglas and Saleh another year, but it is a stretch to take that and say it is “very clear he is satisfied” with their results

12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I hope Johnson puts them on notice that they must make the playoffs in 2024. It will be 14 years next year and counting. Its long past embarrassing at this point.

13. BrowningNagle

I agree. In January of 2023 Woody was there for the after season presser and he was asked about a playoff mandate. He said no, and of course the Jets didn't make the playoffs. This year he did not attend the post season presser because he likely would've been asked the same thing.

barfolomew and GREG like this.
  14. Ralebird

It was our Christmas present from the owner - I never said he was satisfied with any results. At least Hess wanted results.

www.reuters.com/sports/jets-owner-robert-saleh-gm-joe-douglas-return-2024-2023-12-24/#:~:text=December%2024%20-%20New%20York%20Jets,team%20is%20a%20lot%20better.

#74 Ralebird, Feb 5, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
    ouchy and papapump like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hope that Saleh doesn't survive it. If the Jets play like I suspect they will, I hope that Woody breaks with his previous approach and fires Saleh mid-season rather than waiting until the end of the season. Then again, leaving Saleh as HC may guarantee them better draft position.

NYJetsO12, papapump and ouchy like this.
  16. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Him and Hackjob should have been canned at seasons end. An organization with COMPITENT leadership would have seen to that already...

ouchy and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

He will definitely be the coach at the start of the season. If he was going to be fired it would have happened already. Does he make it through next season if it's bad one. Maybe but he will (OR SHOULD) be canned after the season. Same goes for JD. If not then the media, fans should have their pitchforks and knives out pointing at one person.... WOODY JOHNSON. Hopefully next year is a good year and they can at least make the playoffs. I am not counting on it as the Jets do not deserve the benefit of the doubt this offseason. Let them prove it on the field.

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I disagree. The entire cast has changed. Owner, facilities, stadium everything. What will keep him from coming is location. I see him as west coast now.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Different doesn't mean better.

20. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Playoffs? I’m sorry, JD and Saleh told Woody this is a SB caliber team and asked him to spend hundreds of millions of dollars. Playoffs are not the mandate. We need to dominate the season and without a doubt be in the AFC championship game. We need to show we’re truly a SB caliber team that they claim to be. A WC birth and one and done exit and I’m punting this staff and everyone around them.

GREG likes this.