Rodgers kicked off McAfee show ( Maybe not? )

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He doesn't carry the same weight as a QB anymore. I will be surprised if he is on the show next year.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They also paid him a lot of money to go on the show and wanted him to say things to entice people to watch. He’s one of several big reasons the show was successful and McAfee got the big ESPN contract which is what makes it all ironic.

Well the writing was on the wall in regards to McAfee moving to ESPN. I doubt FanDuel would’ve gave a shit. Rodgers also went from Green Bay to a heavy shift in political thinking fans when he came to the Jets so it’s a much different atmosphere.

Jets81, LAJet, Acad23 and 1 other person like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Because he says stupid shit every week to get a reaction.

You realize after he tore his achilles he was on the show talking about listening to dolphins have sex as a rehab option. I am not kidding

Rodgers is the sad clown kicking himself in the balls every week for attention.

These jackass displays were not a good thing for his team

JohnnyJet and Jets81 like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

Just watch- Rodgers won’t be ready for OTAs

Cman68 and JohnnyJet like this.
  5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I’m not sure how it affected the team at all. Didn’t they just vote him most inspirational or something?
    The idea of controlling what a guy says in his own time, away from the team, is disturbing to me.

6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Jimmy Kimmel is a very powerful guy...

But, Rodgers being off the show is not a bad thing.

azhar80 likes this.
  7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

If it counts for anything, on the local radio they said he was done on the show until next season. Not forever

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

BSPN and ABC owned by the same corporation. Rodgers throws over the top shade on their one broadcast late night host.

I'm sure Jimmy Kimmel makes them more $ than Pat McAfree.... it's not that hard to figure out

abyzmul and JohnnyJet like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

Rodgers antics affected the team a lot. They would lose on Sunday and Tuesday Rodgers would say something braindead for attention and they would be front and center in the news all week with Saleh and his players often times having to answer questions about that

not to mention Rodgers lies/false promises about returning in 2023, that certainly wasn't good for any replacement options

and finally, his propping up of Zach Wilson every week on the show, a player who was struggling and unpopular in the locker room. As a player you keep your mouth shut and let the coaching staff evaluate internally

Ralebird likes this.
  10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I don’t know, this team has been affected by something long before he got here. Anything would be an improvement. Even a huge aquarium with dolphins screwing right in the locker room.

11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Good news, I guess. The Jets do a good enough job of making themselves the laughing stock of just about any situation, so they didn't really need anymore help from Rodgers in that department.

He'll find some other way to make similar appearances and, whatever, fine, as long as he can stay healthy and perform at something that resembles an NFL quality QB next season.

Jets-N-Terps likes this.
  12. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

ESPN and ABC are woke media organizations. Kimmel is a doushe, pure and simple. Kimmel attacked him because he was anti vax. Just like the left and the mainstream. Rogers just responded in defense.
    Like it or not, Rogers is our best chance for some relevancy. Flush him down the toilet and get rid of all our coaches and we’re just a losing organization trying for another reset, that will fail just like the last 4 did and the next 4 will.
    I’m rooting for Rogers to come back. Have a great year and leave all the stuff behind. I really could care if he goes on the Pat McAfee show. He has a voice and he has a respected opinion on football. That’s why he was on there. The woke mainstream kicked him off.

13. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

In six months time everyone is going to wish he was just doing McAfee every Tuesday. He will 100% launch his own podcast or show talking about how he got cancelled and all the other crap he comes out with.

azhar80 likes this.
  14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

As long as A.J. Hawk still has a job... I'm good.

16. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Rodgers dropping his truth bombs was obviously making the agenda driven "Wokey Wokey Warriors" and sponsors at ESPN/ABC/Disney extremely nervous. Under intense pressure by the suits, predictably McAfee ended up folding like a cheap suit. Pretty much explains why he was a punter and not a quarterback.

Hard to believe AR will miss these intimate fireside chats, where his message flies over the heads of the staff and audience alike, similar to a high errant pass sailing out of bounds. Kudos to Rodgers for exemplifying how today's insidious cancel culture (a/k/a censorship) operates. Not exactly a surprise to those who are paying attention.

Obviously, the McAfees and Kimmels of the world are not called upon to provide an informative entertainment experience, and nor will they tolerate frank discussion about a litany of inconvenient truths. Nevertheless, it's always enjoyable to watch these wooden gatekeepers slither and squirm when someone like AR comes along and starts rocking their boat, which is aptly named the Ship of Fools.

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It's odd that everyone gives a fuck? Why? Agree or disagree with him, move on. People make shit so much harder than It needs to be. Let him do what he wants, within the confidence of the law, we all have that right In this country.

I don't agree with a lot that he says, I also don't give a shit about It because I have my own brain to conclude my own beliefs. His opinions do not determine that result. Not sure why everyone Is so sensitive about It, move on.

Cman68, Ralebird and JackBower like this.
  18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

If they don’t like what he’s talking about they boot him off the talk show.

If they don’t like how a players playing they boot him off the team.

It’s not a freedom speech issue it’s a business decision.

Ralebird likes this.
  19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Those two things aren’t the same thing at all.

The only way that Is applicable Is If Aaron Rodger’s Is hurting the ratings.

I highly highly doubt that.

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You are absolutely correct that everyone should have their own voice and opinions, however, that obligates no one to give a platform to any buffoon who wants to pass gas all over the world.

And who in the world is "clamoring for climate change?" Don't we have too much already?