Jets Uniforms

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sackexchange, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How were those selected to be called the legacy uniforms, rather than the first ones worn as the Jets? Legacy of what?

Jojo and NY Jets68 like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Legacy of ticket sales.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Unis of the modern era of the NFL. Folks identify with Namath, but more of the Middle aged fans identify with the far more popular Klecko Era Jets. The 80's was when I was old enough to really become a Jet Fan. 70's? I was along for the ride.

Jets79 and The_Darksider like this.
  4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I never saw the original uniforms. My first glimpse of them other than old highlights was when they changed back to something similar after the 80s uniforms. So those 80s uniforms are my legacy.

Jojo likes this.
  5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Funny how the uniforms look much better when a team is winning.

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The current color green is fine but would look much better with either the 80s logo or the 60s look - but not the modified early 2000s look with that drab olive green. Just keep it simple……do away with the green pants/black pants charade. Nothing beats the Jets classic all whites they wore opening night. Very sharp, clean look….

But above all …… FIX THE OLINE!! You’d be surprised with all the problems that would fix….

7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Agreed…I’d keep the current green color but go back to the classic uni’s that Parcells brought back…but absolutely shitcan that awful olive drab green shit…originally Parcells brought back a darker green that I think they called Hunter green…that was a good color…just Nike fucked it up when they got the uniforms contract pretty much like they fucked up all other uni’s, when they went away from that Hunter green to that god-awful olive drab shit…remember when the jerseys had different materials and the stomach was a different shade of green than the rest of the jersey? Ugh.

Anyway, I do like the current green helmets though…I’d keep them green, slap the old logo on them, and bring back the old style jerseys with the current shade of green. Get rid of the black stuff. Stick with home look of green jersey white pants and away look of all white. Perfect…no need to fuck with that at all.

onefanjet, NY Jets68 and mrjet80 like this.
  8. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

I don't like any combination that includes black-- not helmets, pants, tops, or accents. Just green and white.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

This is the way...
    [​IMG]

10. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

The Rich Kotite-era uniforms, while not as nice as the Walton ones, were much better looking than what we have now ... and we didn't win a thing with Rich Kotite.

[​IMG]

Cman68 likes this.
  11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

They could go out there wearing potato sacks next year and it would be better than the uniforms we've been wearing for the past 5 seasons.

12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Not to mention it would eliminate Woody’s silly Friday uniform reveal on Twitter…..home is dark except maybe early in the season and the road is usually white …. Just like the old days.

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So, what you guys are saying, as I suspected, is it all depends on when you started being a fan and what was being worn at the time. I'll never get used to green helmets with the "Jets" topped with a sharks dorsal fin. I'm sticking with the winning look.

NY Jets68 and Acad23 like this.
  14. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

I liked everything you said up to the home jersey colors. The last time we won a Super Bowl the home colors were all white.

Unhappyjetsfan likes this.
  15. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

Actually the Shea stadium uniforms were all white. The road uniforms were green if the opposing team wore white at home.

16. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

The Jets have a winning look?

17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yah, so?

I honestly don’t understand the love for all whites…I’ll just never get it.

I love our green, especially this version of it…I would go back to that Namath/Parcells look with the current green. Perfection.

Only decision is if we should go back to white helmets or keep the current cool green shells and just put the old logo on it

I could go either way on that.

Then home should be green jersey white pants, and away should be all white

Perfection

NY Jets68 likes this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's the way to make those uniforms ugly again.

Ralebird and sozopol like this.
  19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah…I grew up watching those…and even back then I hated the helmet…don’t know why with a name like Jets and so much cool imagery they could use either with an actual Jet or even with the NY skyline…anything…but the idiots in charge can’t seem to come up with anything other than simple writing out the word Jets. And in that helmet, it looks SO childish…like a kindergarten kid came up with it. Just plain awful…and to me, one of the worst helmets in the league.

The jerseys are fine…better than the shit we have now with the stupid New York on the chest and the weird stripe on the sleeve.

I get the nostalgia, but honestly those uni’s are not great

Ralebird, KWJetsFan and sozopol like this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hey... we went 6-3 in those uniforms!