Jets Uniforms

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sackexchange, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Everyone knows our two best uniforms have been the Joe Walton-era uniforms and the Parcells-era uniforms. The front office should pick one as the standard uniform and one as the throwback and just let the fanbase have nice uniforms for a decade. Green jerseys and white pants at home and white jerseys and white pants on the road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ukjetsfan, sozopol, mezzavo and 8 others like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's so funny. They picked players they thought were the face of the team. Nobody left.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I can picture some kids in 3rd world countries running around in these a few years from now.

4. sackexchange

I agree. Love the Gotham Green but the logo is the worst in the league, IMO and the NEW YORK on the front if the jerseys is gross. The chrome green helmets look awesome with the 80's/90's JETS font.

AtlantaJet, Lon Chaney and Jets79 like this.
  5. sackexchange

This.... It's really not that hard.

ukjetsfan, sozopol, onefanjet and 2 others like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I still like these the best...

[​IMG]

BacktoQueens and NY Jets68 like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

But tweeting about the uniform combination is Woodys highlight of the week

NY Jets68 likes this.
  8. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Maybe it makes him feel like he's "one of the guys".

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of the "new" unis, especially the helmet/logo, but talking about changing the uniforms at this point is like discussing the rearrangement of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

The_Darksider and Jets79 like this.
  10. Unhappyjetsfan

It's because ownership is more worried about fleecing fans out of another $100 to buy a fourth-alternate jersey than they are winning football games.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  11. Unhappyjetsfan

For what it's worth, I live in Houston and their fanbase (despite finally having a QB and a playoff team again) are going through exactly the same thing. Their front office announced they are getting new uniforms next season ... and the fanbase immediately responded that it wants uniforms as close to the old Oilers uniforms that it can get. They know they probably can't be identical (because the f----d up league let Tennessee have them), but they want the same color scheme. So what does the front office do? It announces the one thing it can tell everyone is that its not going to be Oilers colors.

So now, over the course of 48 hours, the fanbase is depressed about the uniform change (having no actual idea what the new ones will look like) and the team ownership is too stupid to understand why. Just give the fans what they want.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

JB is probably still on the payroll

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Pretty much the reason I chose that one... :cool:

I'd be happy if the Jets went with the "Legacy" uniforms full time.

[​IMG]

ukjetsfan likes this.
  14. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Give me the uni's that Vinny T. wore...I don't need home/away crap etc....etc... Just give me those good ole' unis. At least I can look at a classy set of duds as they get their asses handed to them in 2024 and beyond.

15. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

My vote is 100% to go back to the Vinny T/Curtis Martin era unis, and--this seems like an unpopular opinion around here--I hate the 80s unis and was so happy when Parcells ditched them. To me they always looked cheap, generic, and amateurish.

Also, I think if we haven't heard anything about a uni change it ain't happening for next year. They have to notify the NFL like a year in advance and we'd have heard a leak by now (if not a full-out maketing campaign).

16. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Priorities, man.

Cman68, mezzavo and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

agreed 100%…I grew up watching those sack exchange uni’s so they are a bit nostalgic for me, but honestly, they are plain and boring…sure I wear my Klecko73 jersey and love it, but the Parcells classics were MUCH better all the way around…I hate the old kindergarten JETS logo on those sack exchange ones…honestly its not even a logo. It’s a word mark. Surely we can do better!

I would just go back to the old style except use the current Gotham Green instead of the old Hunter green dark ones, and then bring back the logo with the football…the current abomination that just shows New York Jets in the logo is so beyond amateurish it’s disgusting.

Like there was literally NO thought put into our current look…once they found a nice shade of green (which I will say I love) they just gave up.

All that being said, while the rule is you have to stay 5 years with a uni, so technically next year opens up for us, but you have to go through a process with the league and submit like a year ahead of time, so no new uni’s for us next year unless they’ve already done that behind closed doors and haven’t said anything about that.

Personally, I think that a lot rides on next year…if we do well with AR, then they’ll keep it going, but if it all blows up, I would not be surprised if they start looking for a rebrand and then after a disaster next year, they may just clean house with AR, JD, Saleh, and that will give them the momentum for a total uni redesign to bring in the new age…and of course we all know that if it’s Woody doing the choosing, the new age will suck just as much as this age has sucked

sozopol and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  18. Unhappyjetsfan

I think new uniforms are definitely happening. Someone (I can't remember if it was a celebrity or someone from this message board) met Woody and Christopher Johnson before the opening night game this season and they both said they know everyone hates the uniforms and were just waiting for the waiting period to end before changing them.

sozopol and mezzavo like this.
  19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll adopt an image of the airplane that just had the door rip off and land in someone's yard. Would kind of "fit" what the Jets are REALLY like. A plane without a door...NO takeoff!

J/K, I'm in a mood today and every time I see a "coaching carousel" update I get angrier and angrier because our entire freakin' F.O. SHOULD be on the unemployment line...

JohnnyJet and sozopol like this.
  20. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

The thing I dislike most about the newest uni's are the stupid nike looking like swoosh stripe on the shoulders, and the taper stripe on the leg from the hip to the thigh; these ruin the whole thing, otherwise the would be tolerable. Also don't like the black unit, top or bottoms.... How about these! Lol...

[​IMG]

JohnnyJet likes this.