Saleh postgame presser-He needs to go!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 17, 2023.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

100% typical clown Cimini question, always looking for clicks. He couldn’t care less for the fans or the team that has enriched him thru terrible work.

2. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

He’s very clearly not an NFL head coach. I have no idea what Rodgers sees in him. My only thought is that these guys worship the church of Rodgers and he wants to reward their belief in him. Rodgers ego is massive and he thinks once he steps back into the huddle the coach doesn’t matter, he’s in charge.

Since1969 likes this.
  3. BacktoQueens

He really gonna do all year without explaining himself even once?
    Mac and Tanny consistently gave interviews and explanations.
    Idzik tried to hide, but when he did finally speak it confirmed everything we thought. Rex took the heat for him for too long. I’m waiting for that moment with JD nuts up enough to explain his decisions.
    Saleh taking all the heat for him.

Cman68, papapump and HomeoftheJets like this.
  4. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

Remember the Sauce penalty vs KC? He definitely got his moneys worth. That’s the least of his problems as a head coach.

Ptflea2 likes this.
  5. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

GMs typically don’t do many interviews during the season. In season it’s the head coaches job. In the offseason the GM does the press conferences.

6. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Yes, take us back three months to find a time when he actually showed some fire. Definitely proves your point.

I didn't realize we were ranking a list of his problems. Looking up at the scoreboard like a clueless dope when he should be doing something to motivate his team or try to massage the official into actually giving them some calls is definitely a problem even if you don't want to view it as one.

7. BacktoQueens

False.

What we are seeing is extremely unusual in this era. When was last time you heard him? Any explanation at all for no moves after Rodgers went down? That’s unusual circumstances I’m sure even the players were hoping for answers and clarification.

Not much in offseason either btw, even limited HBO when they were trying their best to be complimentary.

#207 BacktoQueens, Dec 29, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
    papapump and Ralebird like this.
  8. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Well, I feel better after watching Saleh's post-game presser.
    It's reassuring to see the confidence he exudes...the man has the answers.
    Not surprising that a shrewd business success, like Woody, would be all-in with Saleh.
    Especially, with how well-prepared & fast his team has started games during his tenure.

I'm at the point where I look away from the TV, when the camera is on him.

Cman68, ouchy and Borat like this.
  9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I can't imagine the Jets have led a game, minutes wise, more then 5 games in his entire tenure.

They are never in the lead, period. Win or lose.

10. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Rodgers digs Saleh because coach is soft and chill and provides the path of least resistance for the storied veteran QB in the twilight of his career. AR would probably retire rather than play for some hard ass HC, which ironically, is what the Jets probably need to whip this undisciplined lackadaisical crew into fighting shape for a full season.

The blowing smoke up people's ass approach employed by Saleh is obviously failing to yield the desired results. Will the players continue to buy into what has been a failed approach for yet another year, or will they start to jump ship?

Most alarmingly, Saleh's pride and joy, the Defense, is beginning to show stress cracks from having to carry a historically inept offense for two straight seasons. Might turn into a short abbreviated season for Saleh and JD if they do not get off to a fast start in '24.

mezzavo, Kronoking, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  11. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I don’t know if I feel like it’s an unfair question. I guess my grievance if passing judgment on his emotion level is more about every time we see him during the game it looks like he’s doing absolutely nothing. I guess I’ve never seen a coach look so disengaged.

mezzavo and ouchy like this.
  12. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

Woody has that stance of not firing coaches in season. I think that’s got to change if Saleh comes back next year. Look at what the Raiders have done under Pierce.

Jets81 likes this.
  13. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

please show me where anybody on this forum says that Salah is their favorite head coach. I don't think there are any defenders of his head coach out there. But for some reason you decided to make the thread about the people who love him? Very weird and odd.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Truly impressive numbers for an employed GM and HC.

The_Darksider likes this.
  15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Add to this that the Jets are the most penalised team in the NFL which also points to poor coaching/discipline.

NY Jets68 and ouchy like this.
  16. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

At least we're #1 in something lolol

17. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Anybody up for Gregg Williams as HC? Players may not like him but that fucker can win some games.

mezzavo likes this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't think anyone likes him. That's why he's been unemployed since the zero blitz.

19. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Saleh should have been fired last year after the way they finished the season. He is an awful coach.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Cimini asked a legitimate question. Saleh got pissed and stormed off the podium. Maybe Cimini hit home with the question as Saleh probably is not allowed to speak the truth of what he's feeling so he keeps those feelings bottled up. What's disturbing is the disconnect you can see on the sidelines during games. Saleh has what used to be called "the thousand yard stare". Bad officiating? Bad playcalling? Losing games by double digits? Losing overall record as HC? None of it seems to register with Saleh anymore.

Most fans prefer their HC's have a pulse. I think Cimini found it..

#220 Cman68, Dec 29, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
    mezzavo, NY Jets68 and Borat like this.