The insult of staying the failed course

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Dec 26, 2023.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We jumped the gun and went all in this year and it wasn't even close to working. Were a lopsided team with several key holes, many of them tricky to fill. We don't have much money or picks and were already looking at breaking down more future assets to continue our misguided "all in" approach.

Our front office is inept and worse, at this point JD and Selah both feel like "yes men". Which means Woody really is tinkering again and screwing the pooch. They've both failed pretty badly and bringing them back makes us the joke of the league. No other team would have even carried them this long.

JD has some good qualities but managing the build of a winning team isn't one of them. We need to pivot away from his plan. Its getting worse and worse and his roster management during this season is unforgivable.

Saleh, honestly I have no idea what he brings to the team. He isn't a good game planner or football guru. He doesn't have clever ideas and he is always late making moves. He is simply a clueless 'yes man' who only wants positive vibes because they mask his incompetence. The league is moving towards nerdy, clever game planners, and we got a bald cheerleader.

Both of these guys need to go 5 minutes after game 17 ends. And obviously Hackett requires no explanation. To think we would stick with any of them is madness. Their perennial losers, and that requires consistency? I guess if you want to consistently lose, then yeah.

Then there's Aaron. The carbuncle savior.

In 2025 Rodgers turns 42 and we'll owe him 50 million, which makes him un-tradeable, and a cap nightmare. He was already the second oldest player in the league this year, and he tore his achilles right away. So in two years lets pay him 50 million? For that matter, I doubt he even survives next year.

Worse of all, Rodgers, one aging prima donna, is the reason nothing is changing. Its such a kick in the nuts. We're sacrificing everything for one guy. That's not how functioning teams work.

If we stay the course things will get considerably worse. There's is no need to desperately continue for one more year and ruin the rest of the 20s. Rodgers needs to be moved while he is still has value. If we keep Rodgers and stay our current path the future is pretty grim.

Things need to be cleaned up right now - this offseason. Staying the path now is a huge insult to the fanbase - and makes Woody look like the stupidest frigging owner in the league. Woody has 2 more weeks to realize that. Will he wake up? I doubt it.

But he needs to.

#1 ouchy, Dec 26, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
  2. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

JD and Saleh are not yes men. They’re crooks that convinced Woody that they built a “championship roster”. They are, by far, the two slimiest scheisters we have ever employed. They knew disaster is eminent, so they convinced Woody to spend another 100m+ to bring in the only guy that could possibly prolong their jobs. Rodgers getting injured so soon was Christmas for these 2 crooks

3. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

The truth of the matter is the NFL needs teams like the Jets to suck for extended periods of time, which is why they are consistently scripted to be in the basement. How else do you turn a mediocre QB like Tom Brady into one of the greatest of all-time without division rivals like the Jets, Bills and Fins shitting the bed for two decades? Rodgers also benefited big time by having perennial scripted losers like the Lions, Bears and Vikes in the division.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If Capt. Smith had changed course, the Titanic would have missed that iceberg..

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah... but we get to watch that ship sink every 3 years. And somehow that cruise company keeps making money.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We’re going to find out this offseason how much of a dumpster fire the Jets are going to make this whole ordeal.

32 year old left tackle that’s played 13 games in 3 seasons with the same chronic knee injury.

29 year old running back who will come here to be the backup that’s been hurt on and off all year.

31 year old receiver who will cost us a pick and is coming off the worst season of his career. (Also played terrible yesterday and dropped a ton of passes for what it’s worth).

If there are any players we absolutely do not need, it’s this collection of guys on the downslope of their career.

If they want to add some of these guys on 1-year, $3-4 million deals and not give up any draft picks whatsoever, then toss them on the roster. But Jones & Adams ain’t coming here for limited money and no draft picks surrendered.

7. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

I've already conceded 2024 as another lost year punt anybody without their head in the sand can see coming.

Adams is gonna hurt and linger with the acquisition cost. But as long as nothing else on that list spills over into 2025 it's kind of whatever at this point. The FO is essentially just giving 95%+ of the fan base exactly what they signed up for and cheered on last winter.

Reaping what you sow and all that jazz.

JohnnyJet, ouchy, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  8. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I agree with every word in this post. Bravo.

Unfortunately, they are gonna run it out for at least one more year, throwing away another season and several further ones in the process.

JohnnyJet and ouchy like this.
  9. The_Darksider

Yes, Woody is a poor genial but naive guy who has no idea whatsoever, means well, but has all backstabbing employees around him.

10. The_Darksider

I honestly hope this is purely logical speculation based on guys who have played with him before, and not at all inside information.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

depending on the cost id like DaVante. It’s clear the Jets need someone alongside Wilson, and his first 4 games he was great. Then Jimmy G began to be terrible, they went to Hoyer/OConnell and his production dropped off a cliff and firing McDaniels and becoming a run first team changed a lot for the Raiders. I don’t think this means he’s washed or anything. I’d rather NOT throw a pick in the grand scheme, but I wouldn’t be upset to get Adams here.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t think he’s necessarily washed but facts are facts. He’s also right at the receiver cliff age and his whole game is predicated on speed and quickness off the LOS which will obviously fade as he gets older.

The Jets need to stop thinking about 2024 and this stupid all in approach. We have a good young core, keep building around that and try for a sustained winner.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I threw up in my mouth reading this.
    I was all in on Rodgers playing quarterback... I didn't sign up for him to run the fucking team.

Frankly I find it hard to believe that Douglas & Saleh would put up with this shit... especially after the dismal performance
    of the players that Rodgers has "recruited" so far.

Why would they place their careers in the hands of an Ayahuasca tripping hippie QB?

It doesn't make sense until you realize it's the NY Jets...

"Forget it...it's Chinatown."
    [​IMG]

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The last I checked Adams will cost over 20 million in 2024, and 44 million in 2025 - or be a 15 million dead cap. How much deeper in the weeds is this Rodgers plan going to take us? Because were already too deep.

JetsNation06 and Since1969 like this.
  15. The_Darksider

This deep.

[​IMG]

JohnnyJet and ouchy like this.
  16. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I didn’t think this could get any worse… but apparently it can. This man is going to wreck this franchise. I accept we have been terrible for years but there were at least signs of the rebuild getting somewhere, at least on defense. We will end up losing our good young players to bring in declining old players.

tomdeb, ouchy and abyzmul like this.
  17. Cman68

As long as they're Rodgers pals, its all good no matter how bad they play. Remember, its not about winning long term.

JohnnyJet, IIMeanDeanII and ouchy like this.
  18. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

God, if any of those guys come in, sure they could make this team competitive in 2024 but beyond I don’t see how this team can sustain to be competitive. Maybe I am wrong. Getting Rodgers while it is intriguing, has caused more issues to the teams run. I am with JV build around with the young core, starting with OL for goodness sakes

#18 MDJets, Dec 27, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
    ouchy likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Suppose Rodgers gets injured again next season, do they get another mulligan

JohnnyJet likes this.
  20. Cman68

They'll talk Woody into one. Woody really is that stupid.