uStadium Rumor: Saleh, Hackett and Joe Douglas to Return for 2024 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Unless we're the majority stock holder in Woody Johnson's business enterprises, there's not a damn thing we can do that will have any lasting effect. Its up to the individual how much emotional investment to make in a losing proposition. Don't bitch about it if you keep coming back for more.

JohnnyJet and mezzavo like this.
  2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

There's a thread that's almost identical to this one from a couple of weeks ago. The answer has not changed in those two weeks my friend. There is absolutely nothing we can do. The only thing that could potentially work, having everybody stop doing everything, will never happen. Ever.

Buckle up.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

All your bets is belong to woody.

abyzmul likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You are correct, sir! After all, Johnson confirmed on Sunday that he believes "continuity" is worth chasing - even if the continuity is of losing seasons, unencumbered by playoff obligations.!

JohnnyJet, ouchy, Borat and 1 other person like this.
  5. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Can't say it any plainer than that. I, for one, most certainly need to heed these words. As much as I bitch I keep coming back for more. I guess either I'm a glutton for punishment or I really haven't reached my "point of no return." My guess is there are thousands of Jets fans, if not tens of thousands, mulling whether this team is worth their time, energy and support.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'll keep watching out of morbid fascination, but next season I won't be feeding a single dime into the NFL Industrial Complex.

7. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Out of necessity Jets football will have less of an impact on my life next year. I just can’t take the insanity.

egbert souse and JohnnyJet like this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Spot on. Continuity is normally a good thing and everyone understands that. But when year after year after year after year you continuously fail to build the line, have laughable offense, poor coaching, penalties, national TV embarrassments, and failure to make play-offs, maybe continuity is not really so good. Food for thought in 2025 off-season I guess.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  9. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this was the expected outcome. Woody is just a loser.

I am not bought in at all to Douglas and Saleh, and no matter the offseason moves/hype, the only thing that can make me believe is actual results.

Ralebird, mezzavo, papapump and 3 others like this.
  10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

It's funny, most of this board predicted this exact thing would happen with this exact rationale from Woody weeks ago. He's so predictably dumb.

Ralebird, mezzavo, JohnnyJet and 4 others like this.
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Out of curiousity, beyond watching on TV, how else do you participate? I know I'd never go to another pro game in person ever again, and I sure as fuck am not dropping a couple hunge on a replica uniform or other fanboy swag.

12. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

If woody hadn't been born with a silver foot in his mouth he'd be a walmart greeter by now.

egbert souse and Losmeister like this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm only buying Chinese knock-off swag from now on!

14. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

chicken dinner

15. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

did they give all the SELL THE TEAM avatars to the kids on the short bus, or what? ffs.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

My spending has dwindled to the annual Sunday Ticket subscription. I can't remember to last piece of merch I bought. My contribution to the cause will have the equivalent value of making one ice cube in one of Woody's non-gameday cocktails melt a split second faster. Probably on a Tuesday.

#76 abyzmul, Dec 25, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
    JohnnyJet likes this.
  17. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

I might switch to being a Seattle Seahawks fan. Pete Carrol got a raw deal here, and I get to watch real football being played by former NY Jet players.

Ralebird likes this.
  18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

sadly the Seahawks are one of the few teams I dislike as there is just something about Pete Carrol that I find really grating (not sure why!)

JohnnyJet likes this.
  19. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

I can't speak for anyone else, for myself I first got season tickets in 1980 and ended up going to Shea and having a great time. I got to see "The Sack Exchange", Freeman McNeil's rookie season, the original third down back Bruce Harper, and a pretty dam good 1981 Walt Michaels team. That got me hooked, and I kept my season tickets until they got the new stadium. So I got to see a lot of very good times and a lot of very bad times. The good seasons stay with me and warm me when I feel hope fading during a bad season. The reason that I stay is I would like to see, the younger fans enjoy the same good times I enjoyed. But this current front office is clueless and it shows one the field. As for Woody, I once thought he wanted a winning franchise now I'm all but certain he's in it for the notoriety, and money ( can't figure out why that might be, but greed is a powerful motivator).

Brook!, mezzavo and papapump like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

in ciminis latest article

“At the start of the season, Saleh said the Jets were one of six to eight teams with a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl”

Let’s hang a banner!

papapump likes this.