2023 - Week 16: New York Jets vs Washington Commanders

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Dec 19, 2023.

?

Who will win?

1. Jets

2. Commanders

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

It was funny when they went through that run of drafting DL after DL with almost all of them being either disappointing or outright busts - the worst one was probably Wilkerson who for a time looked like being a star and then fell off a cliff as soon as he got paid

2. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

A meaningless victory that will bite our butts on draft day. Why is it that we win meaningless games at the end of the season ????

IDFjet, NYJetsO12 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

If they D gets better, maybe they'll score 20 defensive points a game. I'm just sayin...

cval likes this.
  4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

From 4-12 in the draft? Way to go

5. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I'm glad I watched this. It was this or a nap. At least we won.

papapump and ouchy like this.
  6. typeOnegative13NY

I didn’t watch the game , as I had family festivities going on, and thought it was a great opportunity to root for the tank and close my eyes(I can’t root for the jets to lose if I’m watching).
    I did check in though…17-0 first qtr, 27-7 halftime. Then in the car I turned it on with a 2 -mins left and we’re losing 28-27? Wtf happened? I did listen to the game winner, but how did we blow that lead with this defense?

Merry Christmas !

barfolomew likes this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Great coaching

8. typeOnegative13NY

Halftime adjustments!

9. abyzmul

They actually haven't been terrible at halftime adjustments this season, but they also haven't actually gone in to halftime with a lead more than once or twice so it was pretty undiscovered country.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

If you really hate the Jets and had to script this game before it happens, a plausible scenario would be that we get up by 20 points against the second worst team at football, but not because you were so great, but because they are basically giving the game away. Then completely collapse, commit tons of penalties, make no adjustments, terrible coaching to completely piss away the lead, but still win the game on a long field goal just to screw the draft position by 6 spots.

Basically the script would be to show how incompetent your FO/coaching really is, but not get any benefit for next year. That was the game last night. Oh and right before the game have the GM assure that the fuck ups are coming back no matter what in 2024. Merry Christmas all!

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

started with that poor throw into crazy coverage by Siemien. Felt he should have thrown a fade to Garrett who was one on one in coverage and on Forbes (who just entered the game and has been bad all year).

Def goes back to coaching. Hackett should have attacked the rookie with their best WR. Instead he throws a hitch to Brownlee? Who Barton read like a book and was picked off.

12. abyzmul

Seimian shouldn't be on an NFL field. His arm is barely high school level.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Agreed, with Carter Warren back and against the worst front in NFL Siemian surprisingly actually got some decent protection for most of the game. And yet very lucky to only end up with one INT, and that at the end Washington decided to tank and play soft prevent defense when we only needed a few yards for a Greg the Leg's long FG. But Siemian played the way we all thought he would: like a QB who failed to make PS roster this year, whom JD signed to quiet fans outrage of non action.

ColoradoContrails, ouchy and abyzmul like this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I chuckled when he overthrew Lazard...

15. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

thats 100 on the qb ...a worse int at a worse time you couldnt fathom.... no pressure at ll and he does that/// on 2nd and goal thta was gifted to them by the D.
    semen was dedicared to keeping them in it... the fumble and int both gave wash life where there was none. and the eedgiots here blame the d. ffs

Mogriffjr likes this.
  16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Was that a bizarre game or what? It totally felt like Wash was tanking in the first half. The first Breece TD run their defense looked like they were playing half speed. At one point, when we had 4th and 3, out of the blue their jammer bolted offsides and literally smacked our gunner giving us an easy first down. Never seen anything like it.

Then, somehow, we are losing to a team that feels like their tanking. Which was a special kind of suck. Then they played back and let Breece take the ball down into FG range, proving the comeback was just to let us know if they were actually trying to win we'd be picking 4th.

Washington be all, "keep your hands off of my pick".

ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  17. Losmeister

win is good for all the young dudes playing their asses off

breece especially

kevda5n9ne and NY Jets68 like this.
  18. Losmeister

wonder if pats bulletins ar e fulla tank fans being pissed?

19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Its pretty much the same as over here. But they are trying to tank for a top QB and are pissed because they only want one of the top two, and now think they lost him.

20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I mean when they had a good punt return that could change momentum, they literally just threw the ball to us completely untouched. In all honestly, as bad as they are, I think if they really needed to win this game, they would. Howell wouldn't be starting either. We have many problems - to say the least, and now don't have a great draft pick to address some of these with a stud of a pick like Alt.

ouchy likes this.