hahaha

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsfansince95, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

People actually thought we would win this game. Glad last week was a fluke. This team needs to be ripped apart. WE MUST DRAFT QB as we will have a top 5 pick.

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah I think I'm leaning towards taking a QB as well. This OL is probably too much of a mess to compete for a Super Bowl even with Rodgers back. Both of our tackles are near the bottom of the league. I don't see how we can fill every hole in the OL in 1 offseason.

sackexchange likes this.
  3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Who do you suggest we draft to get permanently injured playing behind this o-line?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

4. Jetsfansince95

I suggest we take a QB in the top 5 he won't be playing next year.

BacktoQueens and sackexchange like this.
  5. Jetsfansince95

What happens in 2025? forget Rodgers he's a 1 and done.

6. Jetsfansince95

At this point having Hak offsets having Rodgers

7. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

THose who bought last week's Zach and team performance got a quick lesson in outlier observations and regression to the mean. I said it after Rodgers went down and I'll stand on my prediction until shown wrong-- the Jets will win just enough games this season to miss out on drafting a HOF tackle or QB. Will be 1-4 in their own division within the next hour and I honestly dont' think this team beats the Pats unless the Pats are intentionally tanking.

mezzavo likes this.
  8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Thats how the Jets drag you along, play like complete shit, you give up, the have a game like the Texans, just suck you back in, then they fucking flop again

Jojo, papapump, mezzavo and 5 others like this.
  9. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

It always all starts up front. You build a winning team around a stout offensive line. As we have seen time and time again, it doesn't matter how good the rest of the team is if the offensive line is trash. If you cannot protect your QB and you cannot block properly to run the ball everything else is moot. We should have taken OL with our highest picks this year - it was obvious at the time - instead of taking yet another defensive player. No matter what else changes, we will never win anything without a decent offensive line - that should be our highest priority by far.

10. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I don’t won’t Rodgers here if it means we keep this clown show.

11. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

In 2023, the QB dwarfs all positions combined in terms of importance. Jets need to draft one yearly until they find a good one.

12. REVISion

I agree with a lot of your post, but not with this. The OL needs to be serviceable, but you build a winning team by stacking playmakers at skill positions on offense and having a good offensive-minded head coach calling plays. If you have the playmakers and the coach then you don't even need a great QB, just a decent one. Ideally, you'd have a good QB and the other things, but any 2 out of 3 will do.

The thing is, it's easier to sign a good offensive coach than it is to land a franchise QB, so that's where the focus should be. If you get a franchise QB along the way, even better.

Not Sure likes this.
  13. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

I say Save Rodgers for nest year. Use Zach for the rest of the season and draft a future QB and top flight QB, trade Cook for an offensive tackle prospect..

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I predict it's Trevor Siemian for the foreseeable future...

westiedog1 likes this.
  15. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Cook is on a one year deal, can't be traded. Zach's going to be in concussion protocol and may not see the field the rest of the year. Both are gone after this season.

16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Sorry, I disagree...you win in the trenches. If you can not block - PB or RB, your skilled players will never see the ball...ala NYJ now.

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Whichever QB they draft I can guarantee you now it will be the wrong one - probably Williams will slide due to concerns and the Jets will trade up a spots or two to take him (costing us next year's first rounder) and it will be a mess to eclipse even the ZW drafting (and some other team will take a guy in the 20s that'll turn out to be the next Mahomes)

18. REVISion

This game was evidence that's not true. The Dolphins were dealing with numerous OL injuries as well. They gameplanned around it and put up 30 points against a good defense. They got the ball to their playmakers quickly so the OL didn't have to do much.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  19. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It could also be that the guys they pulled off the couch to play O-line this week are just better than the guys our genius GM thought were qualified to start the season for the Jets.

20. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

FFS, no QB in the history of the NFL could do anything behind this OL.

ColoradoContrails and LAJet like this.