Poorly built, poorly coached, poor execution

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NJJets, Dec 17, 2023.

1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

This is a terrible team. Top to bottom, defense included. It has been built up as a defensive team to prop up a coach that has no creativity in his scheme at all. Our D requires greatness at CB; DT, and DE. Without that it sucks, and Saleh is clueless on doing anything once a greater talent comes along and exposes it (Ala Jalen Waddle running free everywhere with no adjustments). Saleh is an airbag that looks the part and thats all. He has no clue how to manage a team and even less on how to manage the media.

Douglas is responsible for the talent on this team, or lack there of. Our OL was bad when he took over, it’s even worse now. Becton, his prize pick, has been awful when he plays and injured often. He let Fant and Moses go, both of whom are starting and cheap. Every FA he signed to the OL has been a disaster. He puts no thought into the offense and created a team that has zero identity. At the end of the day I realize he’s added some good pieces here and there, but overall he’s been trash, and he’s hired trash to lead the team.

The right thing to do now is fire the entire regime. Tell ARod that unfortunately things have drastically changed. Either get onboard with a new coaching staff or retire. Woody should eat the cost based on the disaster he’s created all around.

That said, we all know this regime has a free pass and we’ll be suffering Deja vu again this time next year. What an absolutely awful time to be a Jets fan. I’ve been through the worst of the worst in my life with this team, this is by far the worst I’ve seen.

boozer32, Ralebird, SOJAZ and 4 others like this.
  2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah, the worst part about this is that it feels obvious what's going to happen the next couple years, and it isn't good and there's nothing we can do to stop it.

Rodgers will be back, likely Saleh and JD too. We'll be better but still not good enough to compete for a Super Bowl. Then we'll have to blow it up 1-2 years down the line when we should be blowing it up now. I just can't believe how incapable our ownership is of taking a nuanced, smart look at the current state of the team. It's seemingly impossible for Woody to fathom that this is a bad team and Rodgers would've just been putting lipstick on a pig.

Since1969, papapump and jetsflip2101 like this.
  3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

The Kotite years will always be the worst years for me, but 13 years out of the playoffs and it's looking like we have absolutely no chance next year........t's just brutal and deflating. These games are absolutely unwatchable. I get no enjoyment out of this team whatsoever. As gutting as it would be to lose close games all the time down the stretch, they're just impossible to watch and barely competitive.

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

You mean a guy who hasn't ever had to work a day in his life and was given his billions isn't capable of taking a nuanced and detailed look at the way his organization is operated? Shocking.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah.... I was hoping that we could patch things without a total re-build... but it looks like that won't happen.

Woody seems to love JD & Saleh... so I'm guessing at least another few years of ineptitude.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I would say Woody could stick his head in a wood chipper, but then his equally stupid brother Chris would take over.

7. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

But the Jets lead the league in 1st quarter safeties! (nevermind last in the league in 1st quarter TDs, and lowest avg 1st qtr scoring in the past 2 seasons).
    This is what happens when the focus of your build is D-line depth over all else.

Acad23 likes this.
  8. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

I’ve been saying this all season but I’m the troll

9. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

You are what your record is and we freaking suck.

blow this up. 30-0 is so bad. These guys make millions and have no heart. They quit.

barfolomew and SOJAZ like this.
  10. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Douglas and Saleh have to go. I don’t want Arod on this team next next year. The team has quit and I’m freaking frustrated.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The stubbornness of Ulbrich not to put Sauce on Waddle is mind numbing...

NY Jets68 and barfolomew like this.
  12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Watching other teams also have injuries/ diversity…. With this defense, a good staff could have gotten more out of this team .under saleh they are always unprepared , and there is no consistency anywhere

barfolomew likes this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They traveled him at least twice this year and we won both games, but they act like it will fundamentally cripple the defense to show a little flexibility. Boring idiots. That's all we ever hire.

14. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

4 yards of offense in the 1st half. 4.

REVISion likes this.
  15. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Can we at least fire Douglas. Out of principal? New gm gets a free ride next year with a rod and coach and is free to do whatever in 25

16. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

it’s not their formula. I’m so sick of hearing that Saleh made our defense great. It’s a basic defense that requires great players. There’s nothing creative, nothing that gives us a mental/intellectual advantage. Saleh is a knucklehead through and through. He doesn’t have an answer to anything. He doesn’t help the offense and he runs a D that “a monkey can run” by his own admission. He texts media heads like an idiot… he’s just stupid.

Since1969 likes this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Not asking for a lot... just our best DB on their best WR.

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Crazy talk

Acad23 likes this.
  19. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Once Rodgers decided to sit down, sit out or whatever, the bookies raked in all those futures bets which had the Jets winning the division, qualifying for the playoffs, playing in the Super Bowl, etc. There were bettors placing wagers on a Jets Super Bowl appearance even before the Rodgers trade was officially announced.

Only a sucker wouldn't realize this offseason was a trap set for a desperate fan base, which would allow the league to easily fade the Jets if the Vegas price was right. At this point, don't really need Bob Barker around to figure out if the price was right.

20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Emphasis on poorly built, and the worst OC in the game.