Texans @ Jets: Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Dec 10, 2023.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The moment Tony Adams returned to the team (Broncos) he had an immediate impact even though they were working him back into the lineup. The Bills abused him a bit with those TEs though.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The kid had a good game, but let's not start the parade.... sadly Sam and Geno both had better games their ROOKIE season on shittier teams.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Giants giving Green Bay fits...

Barkley with 2 rushing TD's

Crap... wrong thread :confused:

#103 Acad23, Dec 11, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Can't be surprised by that. Anytime the Jets fall apart when they're supposed to be good, the Giants start playing much better. It's part of the curse of being a Jets fan.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

As I edit noted above... wrong thread. I had the NFL thread open on another tab.

But yeah... I don't have any bad feeling toward the Giants.
    I enjoy when they do good... and I loved when they took down the Patriots.

NY Jets68 and The_Darksider like this.
  6. SackRecord99

SackRecord99 Member

Any chance we could trade Z boy for cutlets straight up?

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Here's a suggestion - why not allow those who actually hate Wilson and root for his failure speak for themselves, if they're out there? It's perfectly acceptable for some to have those feelings, if a bit odd to express such feelings about someone they've probably never even met. When a few of you presume to read the minds of others it exposes you as feebiy attempting to diminish the opinions of those with whom you disagree. That only serves to show how weak your own arguments are if you must resort to such bogus clairvoyance.

#107 Ralebird, Dec 12, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
    BrowningNagle likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i mean they can still be a fan but also be an idiot. those people are just idiots. they are upset and acting emotional and irrational. which many fans are

9. GasedAndConfused

there is no mind reading. the actions are quite clear

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

3yrs later, let's celebrate! We have our franchise QB now

11. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

the funny thing for me was that Zach. He looked the most calm I have ever seen him. And I was trying to think why. its almost like he has dealt with everything, having AR signed over him. Then having to play. Then being benched. its almost like he came in and thought, well I can only do what I can do. And finally stopped trying to play hero ball and pretending to be AR at the line. And just got on with it. He finally looked like to him the rest of the field was in slower motion. its only one game. But hey. I actually loved watching that game for a change this season. Lets hope for more and F the draft position. We only get 4 months of football. Id rather we fight to be 9-8 than just tank. I'm sick of watching us lose.

Mogriffjr and NY Jets68 like this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, anyone can call themselves a fan, and no one can say they aren't. My point really was that these people say they're fans - which is their right - but seem to be against one of the key players on the team, actively rooting against him. And why blame Zach in any case? He didn't pick himself at #2. He didn't demand to start Day 1. He didn't demand that there be no vet QB to compete with/learn from. He didn't decide to go cheap on OL and weapons. But yet somehow, it's all his fault. That's such a lazy and ignorant take. But when you start calling those who try to get them to see any of this names and ridiculing with "Zach Truther", "Mormon Mafia" etc. yeah, I don't have a problem calling their fandom into question.

13. GasedAndConfused

I get that. I think anyone that actively roots against a player isn't a real fan. but people who are just negative and assume the worst are still real fans
    as far as blaming zach it's just the easy lazy take. it's easier to blame someone who already was moved to backup and isn't starting and may not even be here next year, then it is to acknowledge and deep dive into multiple issues causing the poor result. then for the offseason they can go "we replaced zach so all is well" only for other issues to pop up and they call JD an idiot for not predicting them. the whole "zach truthers" thing really just shows how low IQ people can be. I was called a zach truther all year even though I was just reasonable about his play and situation

cval and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Really? You actually know what is in the minds of people you've never even met? You believe it is acceptable to speak for someone else you don't know?

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You literally just described the Jets' front office offseason strategy last year.

BacktoQueens and stinkyB like this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

not really. we replaced the OC (although I think that was a mistake). we also added lazard at WR (sadly been a bust this year but he was supposed to be WR3 until CD retired out of nowhere) we also drafted tippman on the o-line and replaced some of our o-line depth with upgrades. we did more then just replace zach but obviously trading for a HOF QB was the headliner

Acad23 likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

i don't have to know whats in their head when they are posting it on the internet for everyone to see. i'm talking about the stuff people said

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

We also brought back the sack exchange uniforms.

stinkyB likes this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That should be a permanent move...

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Have they worn those other than the Achilles game? I hear next season we get the green version! Wowzers!