Keep the bipolar meds handy, you'll need them

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Dec 11, 2023.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I'm happy to see the rest of the team get some experience in a game like this rather than just the circus atmosphere they endured all season.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  2. The_Darksider

Hackett, and LeFleur, and Gailey, and the other Hackett, and.....

3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

yeah thats a no can do for me as well.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i was happy for GW for sure. only his 2nd 100 yard game on the season.

5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Over the years i have always said I wanted the team to be competitive, physical, smart and play complementary as well as, situational FB. Today, we got a version of that... also, as CQM stated he played hero ball and got away with it, i.e., going left and throwing right across your body to the middle of the field. but it worked, I glad it did because it will settle things down a bit with last weeks' dysfunctional circus.

My criticism of ZW has always been his inconsistency and that is why he needs to go... yes you get performance like this (maybe 3-4 over 32 games) today but over the course of his career, he has not been good (and I am being kind here). So lets hope he plays well the next few games and increase his value....

6. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Unless he gets a guaranteed starting gig elsewhere I bet he stays to learn behind Rodgers. ZW may not become a great QB but he's going to be in the NFL for 10+ years even if it's in a backup role. Kid has arm talent and athleticism. Can't teach that.

7. GasedAndConfused

it's really the jets decision not his. he has 1 more year left if we trade him, the money saved will go to signing a vet backup so there isn't any savings. the top FA Qbs who will likely take a backup job are tannehill (maybe), brisset, taylor, mariatoa, darnold, winston, minshew, bridgewater. not much on that list at all. If the FO thinks he's capable to back up rodgers aagin they would be better off keeping him unless we get really good value. Not sure who would be willing to give him a shot right now. the steelers are possible if they are out on pickett. pats are possible but man that would be shitty to see, raiders are possible, comies, falcons, bucs for the NFC. if we can't get at least a 2nd for him then we are honestly better off keeping him as a backup even though most here will hate that.

8. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Howdy, folks! Been a minute.

Fun game yesterday. I'm not holding my breath for any consistency from ZW this season, but there is one thing that gives me the tiniest amount of hope. Or, at least a willingness to see what happens with a moderately open mind.

For someone who has the ability, having a good coach/mentor can make all the difference. But it doesn't happen overnight. I feel like there's a possibility that having Rodgers around this season is contributing to some improvements. They might not be massive. And the inconsistency is still there. But the overall trendline isn't terrible? Feels like there's some progress, at least in terms of the things ZW has direct control over.

(And that's the other part of why I'm at least willing to see what happens -- the O-line has been a hot mess for the most part and the penalties and lack of discipline from the rest of the offense hasn't helped.

abyzmul and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. Losmeister

specially the D

whove been top 10 all year

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anyone post here today saying some version of ""that's it, everything is great, we're on our way"". The group that is most certain are those who believe Zach sucks and this was simply an outlier.

Speaking for myself, the game might well have been an outlier. The odds and his track record favor that. But it could also possibly be what we've all hoped for - him finally putting things together. I'm not going to hold my breath, but it is possible.

But if he really sucked as bad as many have concluded, he doesn't have a game like that where he was battling all sorts of problems and yet had his best game ever. Meanwhile, Stroud, who was playing behind a much better OL than the Jets have, couldn't even manage more than 131 yards of offense in the same conditions. If Zach played behind an OL as good as Houston's (not that they're the 5 Blocks of Granite), he would've done a whole lot better these past couple of years.

I'm not going to tell you to have hope or to let go of you negative POV...I share that in most regards, especially with Douglas and Saleh, but I'm not going to apologize for feeling good about game we've all been waiting for.

The_Darksider likes this.
  11. Losmeister

watching the hilites... the every throw vid on youtube.... it really looked to me like someone trying to throw with more TOUCH on the ball...and his follow thru looked like he was tryna imitate AR..

i'll haveta go watch again... but thats what my memeorey

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Well the Jets defense had something to do with that lol

rain wasn't the only factor in the outcome. There are, you can look it up, 11 actual guys on the other side who had "stop CJ Stroud" as a task for the afternoon

abyzmul likes this.
  13. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

Something else to consider: Texan fans would argue that Stroud was without his go to receivers.

But then again outside of G. Wilson we could make that argument too.

14. GasedAndConfused

no dell or schultz at the start, noah brown didn't seem 100% and nico got knocked out of the game.
    it's fair. their WRs were overmatched by our DBs. thats why it's a team effort in football but fans always want to scapegoat 1 person

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That metlife turf comes in handy sometimes

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree. However, I don’t remember reading about anyone who thinks he is turning the corner and on a way to an extension. IMO, Only fact on the table is he had a pretty good game by any QB standard, but that’s one data point amongst a bunch of ups a down this year.
    Fact is, he was not ready to start, we knew that, but is also unequivocally a better choice behind this line from the other two options. That’s all. It says nothing about his future as a starter….nothing.

17. The_Darksider

I haven't seen it too much here, no, but again I was speaking in general terms about jets fans in general. It is why I have become so active on here again, for the most part people are levelheaded and can discuss things without all that nonsense. But in other areas of the world, it's not like that.

And I'm certainly not looking for anyone to apologize for being happy about the win!

18. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I'm not getting too high after the win, but it feels good to be confident about winning mid way through the 3rd quarter. God knows we haven't seen a lot of that this year.

19. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Being an optimist, I can see these 5 games being the final audition for Zach. I think he plays well enough that it gives the team hope that next year he can be the legit #2, sit and learn from AR. for year and play well in the instances he does get to play in 2024...

LAJet likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

it was our largest margin of victory since 11-24-2019 when we won 34-3 against the raiders. been 4 years since we won a game that easy. we should enjoy it for now.