Aaron Rodgers: “There is a rat in the building”

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Everything that is happening with the Jets right now feels like the sequel to last year's disaster movie. Sequels, while bringing back the first films popular characters and trying to further their character arch, will also bring in new, bigger stars. Usually the budget is bigger, more stunts, action scenes, anything to "up the ante."

So, this will be year 13 no playoffs correct? How many ridiculous Fast n Furious films are there?

That's about right. The New York Jets are the NFL version of that over the top, shitty film franchise.

2. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I'm in South Carolina where the local sports radio is almost exclusively college sports, and they just spent the last 20 minutes talking about the Jets being the most disfunctional team in sports.
    Keep in mind, the local NFL franchise is the Panthers and they view the Jets as the laughing stock of the league.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It was just a bad dream.

4. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

I bought one - why am I the sucker? Would you be saying this if he didn’t get hurt and we are 8-4 instead? Why are you shitting on people who bought into ar?

NYJalltheway likes this.
  5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The irony is Rodgers ended up here because he wasn't sure if he wanted to play anymore - for like the 3rd time.

Maybe Aaron has mentored Zach.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

7. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

There are rats because Woody loves the circus

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Am I the only one concerned that Rodgers is disturbed about one or more people inside the organization "talking out of school" but doesn't appear to be bothered enough to comment on the larger problem of at least one player who doesn't even want to get on the field? Why be angry that a cover-up failed rather than be angry about a situation that requires a cover up?

papapump, JETFUEL1580, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

There were so many on 9/11.

I was making fun of them until my wife said “don’t you have a Favre jersey stuffed in a box somewhere?”.

[​IMG]

10. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

Thanks for the warning, guess season next is lost as well.

Cman68 likes this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Ya Manish be pissed that Adam Gase didn't give him the Zach scoop....;)

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Please call in to the show and tell the local sports radio audience that they can follow Woody Johnson on Twitter to find out what color/ shirt/ pants combo the Jets will be earring each week! I bet they don't get that from their team's owner.

14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Because perhaps the situation didn't even require a cover up but was mostly created by the lying rat. Leaks are a problem and a major one, and leaks are not even always factual. This was the problem with Mac big time. JD seemed to have fixed it when he came in, but losing is causing it to resurface again. Probably another good sign that a GM change is due.

15. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

A couple of things to keep in mind:

(1) People who leak usually have an agenda, and it seems that the agenda here was to undermine Wilson. What's especially troublesome is that the leak was attributed to "multiple" team sources, suggesting more than one person has an anti-Wilson agenda. I'm not sure if it's worse than Mike White T-shirts, but it ain't good.

(2) The Jets' response still puzzles me. Why did it take Wilson two days to deny the report? Why did Saleh evade the issue of whether the leak was true? Why did Rodgers simply attack the leaker and not deny the substance of the leak? The major issue was whether Wilson said what the Athletic said he did, but the team's response was underwhelming.

(3) I still don't understand Saleh's explanation of why he benched Wilson even though he thinks Wilson gave the team the best chance to win. Every day, it's sounding more and more like Saleh is a figurehead who simply does what he's told to do. Who's pulling the strings? Douglas, Rodgers, Woody?

(4) Douglas is looking more and more like a coward for failing to meet with the media at a time when the team seems to be in crisis. He's forcing Saleh alone to face the heat and probably for decisions that were dictated to Saleh from above. Is Douglas one of those guys who's front and center to take bows but hiding under the desk when the shit hits the fan?

#35 Since1969, Dec 7, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  16. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be surprised if the Jets organization is behind the alleged "leak" to keep a boring ass 4-8 team relevant and in the news cycle. Hard to believe any of the incessant fairy tales being spun by the complicit media.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

1) it's all heresay so no way we'll ever know.
    2) because players can't respond to every dumb rumor. it's best to ignore it. you want our player being like jamaal adams in a "twitter war" with a reporter? I don't think so. he did what he should have. ignored it. and then when he did his press conference yesterday answered questions asked (and said all the right things)
    3) he said it was to try and spark the offense. I get that. it's worked in the short term before. we seen it whites 1st game, the issue is it rarely lasts. it works for a few games then goes back to the norm. in our case since boyle is so bad it did nothing.
    4) again coaches have set conferences, there is no need to call an emergency conference to address a rumor or else you'd spend your whole life doing just that. it's the old "don't feed the trolls" GMs rarely have press conferences espcially during the season. no reason for JD to address anything right now

18. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

This wasn't just some "dumb rumor." .

This was a report, attributed to multiple team sources, that a healthy QB didn't want to play. It appeared in the Athletic, not on somebody's Twitter account. Short of the commission of a crime, that's about as serious as it gets, especially for a player as controversial as Wilson. Other media outlets were piggybacking on the Athletic story, and it was getting major play. Wilson could have denied the story as easily on Monday as on Wednesday.

Douglas should have been heard from as soon as the season started spiraling. No formal press conference was needed. During the season, GMs often meet informally with beat writers and are quoted. It just irks me that Saleh is left to take all the heat. Show the fans some accountability.

#38 Since1969, Dec 7, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Zach's first availability was on Wed. He responded at the first opportunity. We are reading too much into this guys. This was bunch of nothing.

Agree on JD. In general he fucked up so many things this year, it would have been great if he showed his face.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it was a report, from 1 reporter, that no other reporter confirmed with her, who's had a pretty shady history as far as twisting things going back over a decade in order to get views and even did it earlier this year when rodgers called her out for lying about him. just because she works for the athletic means nothing. any real news gets corroborated by multiple reporters with multiple sources. it may have well been a twitter account. hell i've seen reddit accounts break more accurate news then reporters.

Borat likes this.