Rumor: Jets want to start Zach but Zach doesn’t want to play

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Dude, guys are getting tore the fuck up on that field behind this joke of a line all the while being "managed" by Moe, Larry and Curly. After 2 1/2 years of getting his ass kicked I'm not surprised if the kid WAS on the fence. Would you be? I think the most miraculous thing that kid has done, to this point in his career, is not sustaining a potential career ending injury.

I'm not taking anyone's side...not in this shit show. I'm just saying I can UNDERSTAND where the kid is coming from. He is still a shit QB however he's smart enough that he KNOWS there are 5 games left in this season and that's 5 opportunities to get his head ripped off and stapled back on in the reverse order. I find it laughable that anyone would NOT understand that. Real easy for a fan to sit in the stands and at home, eviscerate the kid, then call him names because he's intelligent enough to know that somewhere, within the next 5 games, he could be wheeled off on a stretcher.

2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter what you think. Our Three Stooges trotted them out there so now what??

3. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

It’s his job to play, but the organization literally threw him in the trash two weeks ago. He knows he has no future with the team and there is no benefit to him playing.

mezzavo likes this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don’t blame him one bit. These morons thru him under the bus, made him the escape goat for an offense that was shit across the board, game planning, blocking, running, protecting the QB and catching the damned ball when it matters. We did none of it right to help the QB, except screw up time after time and put a guy that wasn’t ready behind the power curve with insanely stupid penalties. The only area where we probably lead the league is offensive penalties. Zach will be moving on, get a good coach and flourish, while whatever QB we get next year will be destroyed once again by this leadership.

5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's funny because the lack of a context is amazing. why not just give the whole context if you don't care about pissing off your source?
    for all we know he might have told saleh to bench zach all year (like many people here been saying) and now is saying go back to him. in which case an "are you kidding me?" is pretty appropriate

7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

they had to bench him. Now we know the truth after seeing Boyle and simian , but there is no way they could have rolled Zach out there in the Black Friday game at home.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This "Kid" has a $35M guaranteed contract. He's a professional football player and should carry himself as such instead of a petulant child. If he doesn't want to play? Fine. Is he gonna refund the team his game check? He's scared to play behind this OLine? He could always just quit and go home. Boyle and Semien played behind this OLine. I guess the Boy Blunder is special so he can take his exceptional self and hit da road.

Ralebird and SackRecord99 like this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't see how they can ever play Zach in MetLife stadium again.... Fans have long memories and aren't very forgiving.

10. GasedAndConfused

they didn't have to bench him. benching a guy just to prove to the fan base his backup is worse makes 0 sense. The reasonable people already knew that

11. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

This would make a lot of speculative sense to anybody in the fanbase who is actually willing to acknowledge that Rodgers (and not JD/Saleh) has been the most logical suspect forcing this 2023 Zach Resurrection down our throats since week 1. But to almost quote Saleh directly in today's presser - "We ain't there yet".

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Why would Rodgers care? We had a better option on the bench all season last year and it took a near locker room mutiny and Mike F’n White t-shirtgate to get him back on the field.

I think some of you put a lot more stock into Rodgers being the franchise overlord than what’s actually happening.

13. GasedAndConfused

To be fair here zach obviously isn't a good QB, there is no denying that. but when we drafted him we said "the organization will lift him up, we don't expect him to lift us up" after that we tried to fix the o-line but injuries failed us. he's had no consistency there. no run game to help out either, we can't run block for shit. outside of breece home run balls, we got nothing. MLF was a good coordinator but stubborn. he wanted a QB to fit his system instead of adjusting to the QB he has. he's a good playcaller but too stubborn to grow a QB. as far as targets to throw to, we've not added much. GW is a stud for sure. CD was a solid signing but retired out of nowhere and missed some games with injuries. outside of that, pretty much nothing. meanwhile we took a talentless defense from bottom 5 to an elite group in that same time. then we hired hackett after his fail in denver and moved on form zach with rodgers and told him he can sit a learn a year, 4 plays into the season he was a starter again. we benched him for tim boyle and made him inactive behind simian. after 2 weeks of boyle/simian we maybe want him to start again? zach sucks, and he was likely always going to suck but the whole entire. it's been a pretty inept job from zach perspective.

14. typeOnegative13NY

They will be more welcoming than they would for the other 2 I think(as hard as that is to imagine). They have to do what ever they can to get some drives going. Any worse than it is now, and the odds of injuries on defense go up. The combination of losing faith, and prolonged time on the field could get scary

15. typeOnegative13NY

I don’t know, it’s clear the fans wanted to see Boyle. And if they didn’t get their wish , maybe it got ugly with the fans Black Friday.

16. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

Every week this team finds a way to be more pathetic.

I feel for you guys who watch every game, go to games, have season tickets, jerseys, merchandise, whatever else dumb shit you could possibly spend money on this team on. You deserve better.

None of this changes until we stop trying to win headlines and actually win football games. Sean Payton is a douchebag but he wasn't wrong in what he said.

It's a shame that the guy who was brought in to change the culture and win games is more of an attention hog than the owner is.

5 more weeks of another awful year. Just please get out with no injuries to anyone important and please get it right for once after this year

Jets69 likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

I think people remember white as a way better QB then he was. he was awful in his last 3 starts for us and couldn't stay healthy. only game he looked good last year was when we played the hapless bears with simian as their QB. that 1 cincy game he started in 2021 really brought him a lot of goodwill from the fans for the next 2 years

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

fans in general are emotional and irrational. it's not his job to worry about that. getting Ws will quiet the fans. thats his job.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Amen to that.

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I would hope that a coach protects his players regardless of how they've played.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.