Tim Boyle will remain starter vs ATL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Nov 25, 2023.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Do they have a choice really? Siemian? Well, if he was any better than Boyle - and it boggles the mind to think that anyone couldn't be! - I think he would've come in yesterday. And since they decided that Zach is so bas they had to replace him with Boyle, WTF can they do?

They are well and truly fucked.

Douglas & Co. completely misjudged and mis-planned, and this is the result. ANOTHER wasted season! I don't think it will happen, but it wouldn't shock me if Douglas and Saleh are fired before the end of the season. If there was anyone even half competent that could fill in in the interim, I'd say it would be very likely they'd be fired. Woody is getting older and likely has even less time than I do to see a SB trophy, so he may not be as patient as he has been in the past. For the sake of the fans I hope he isn't. There are certainly some pieces that can be salvaged from this roster, but it's clear they aren't on the right path. But what's even more depressing is that the guy who would pick their successors is clueless. Winning teams have winning ownership. The Jets haven't had that since Weeb and Werblin.

I think I'll go and look for a 12 Step program for Jetsaholism.

Jojo, Pepsiguy5, Cman68 and 4 others like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What was the point of signing Semien?

Jojo, Borat, NY Jets68 and 2 others like this.
  4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It was a (failed) attempt to get the fans off of Douglas' back when we were screaming for a QB to be signed after Rodgers went down. They had no intention of playing him. He's just there so Douglas can say "Look, we signed a QB!"

If they were actually serious about things, they would have gone after any of the numerous QBs who could have been had. But they picked a guy they could trot out there who they knew wasn't really a threat to Wilson and Boyle who had just enough name recognition to make, at least some, fans think that they were doing their due diligence in the QB situation.

Cman68 and REVISion like this.
  5. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

Well, count that as another loss

6. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Boiled denim, for all my fellow Always Sunny fans. (That’s all I got)

jjt4201 likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

So, wait...it wasn't all Zach's fault then?

azhar80 likes this.
  8. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

It’s a life lesson, you are only as good as your QB.

Boyle and Wilson will be out of the NFL next year.

time to draft one or two this year.

9. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Nobody could have seriously believed that Boyle or Simian were the answers.

Until we get a legitimately competent QB back there, we cannot properly evaluate exactly how much of it was on Zach.

It wasnt all on Zach, but quite a bit of it was IMHO.

10. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

No, but he certainly sucks and was an awful draft pick. Maybe this lesson will teach Douglas not to draft 1 year wonders who weren’t on anyone’s radar prior to that one year. Especially when that one year was in front of empty seats against the weakest Dov I schedule you could imagine. Based on his college makeup, Zach was the worst 1st round QB in history in my opinion. So many glaring red flags it wasn’t even funny. His NFL performance only served to prove it out.

stinkyB, Jets79 and mezzavo like this.
  11. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

What, are you looking for some type of validation? Let me help you here. Zach Wilson, as far as being an NFL QB, is TRASH! Say that again and keep repeating until it sinks in. Zach Wilson, the QB, is TRASH!!!!

There's your validation.

If there's any doubt in your mind let me tell you. I'd put a wager of $1 million, that I don't have, if we were to put Zach Wilson behind say the 90's Dallas Cowboys O-Line, or maybe the old Washington Hogs... He would still suck. He may not suck quite as bad but that NFL team isn't winning consistently. I'd bet you that same $1 million that he wouldn't succeed on the current San Francisco team. The team that everyone seems to love saying you could plug any QB in there, with that talent, and win. CMC is a wonderful RB but you still have to be able to throw a screen that makes it to him in some form of catchable fashion. Same with Deebo. I used those two names because I'd put Breece and Garrett in the conversation with either of those two as far as talent is concerned.

Face it, Zach Wilson should have NEVER been drafted. Period. Not before the 4th or 5th round, that's for sure. IF his confidence is not totally shot, he "might" make an O.K. backup somewhere but I wouldn't give him the reins of any NFL team for more than 2 games in a pinch...and there are MUCH better options out there so....

This whole nightmare, with this regime, came to a head the moment they locked their sights on Rodgers and then got Tunnel Vision. Their inability to see anything other than him and all the demands that came with him also confirmed for me that we do not have serious people running our organization. Serious people don't shut down the whole picture to appease one person when there are 52 other men in question.

Unfortunately, we ALL know how this plays out. The entire FO will be given a pass because of Rodgers achilles. Saleh will be back along with Douglas. Hackett will be back because it's what Rodgers wants. There are only two solutions to this, from a fan's perspective. Either you

1. shut your mouth and recognize this fact or you extricate yourself from the situation or
    2. find a new team to root for.
    I'm RAPIDLY moving to #2

I'm in my mid 50's and the kind of anger I've felt the last 4 or 5 weeks is palpable. My wife has told me she no longer will watch the games with me because I'm already yelling at the T.V. and the game hasn't STARTED yet. Why? Because I KNOW I'm getting ready to watch a shit show. I KNOW what I'm about to see is nasty and I also KNOW it's not going to change any time soon. Why should I walk around town wearing my Jets colors when I know I'm supporting a steaming pile of shit? Actually, it's not steaming...it's cold and hard because it's been shit for soooo long it's begun to fossilize. THAT's where my mind is at.

12. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Oh, I wish I could agree here. I WISH it was only Douglas. This is clearly an NFL problem. Look at Indianapolis. That kid, Richardson, will be out of the league in less than 5 years. The moment he was drafted I told my buddy, "He'll be done before half the season is over." I don't think he lasted what, 5 games? These guys who have all the physical talent in the world just aren't going to be successful in the NFL. It's so much more about what's going on between the ears, Brock Purdy is walking living proof of that. My point is, this type of thing is going on all over the NFL. Richardson in Indy, Bryce in Carolina...just recent examples. However, the NFL landscape is littered with guys like this and the FO types STILL haven't learned this valuable lesson.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’ve never seen so many passes bounce off people and go straight up into the air in such a short period of time.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Oh fuck off. I'm one Commanders turnaround from becoming a Commanders fan anyway, so you can keep starting the worst QB in the league after benching the second worst one. Maybe Breece, GW, and Sauce will join the Commanders in a couple years, it's about as likely as the odds they'll re-sign with the Jets.

Cman68 likes this.
  15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Red flags:

Zach Wilson stats as a Jr- 62% comp rate, 6.9 YPA, 11 TD’s, 9 INT’s in 9 games. Not good at all. He wasn’t on a single radar by scouts or NFL teams at this point.

Zach was not named captain his final year at BYU because they intended to have a competition at the position because Zach was awful. The competition never panned out due to Covid restrictions at practice

BYU’s opponents were some of the weakest competition in Div I history. I mean come on, he faced nothing but cupcakes in empty stadiums under zero pressure

Majority of his highlights he’s clearly just waiting for a receiver to open. You don’t see any quick slants, crossers, anything. It’s literally Zach standing and waiting for his receiver (mostly Milne) to get open. Theres very little scheming going on.

No interviews with the Jets in person until his pro day. They were all Zoom, and if you work in a corporate environment you realize real quick how useless a Zoom call is when you’re trying to gather information on a person down to the minute detail. The kid’s tape showed a glaring red flag that he may not be very intelligent in football schemes and theory. Was MLF in the room asking detailed questions about where to go with the football based on concepts? Was any of that going on at all?

To your point I agree with Richardson. They should have never started him day one. In fact if you go back through draft posts I felt Richardson had more potential than any player in the draft, but they needed him to sit and learn for a year or 2. Zach needed to sit. I felt he was 4th round or later talent that you could stash on a bench hoping to raise his intellect for a couple years. But he had no business going from facing Coastal Carolina as his strongest ever opponent right into the NFL day one. Arrogance is what brought Zach here in the first place, and desperation is why we have stuck to him so long.

stinkyB, Pepsiguy5, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I remember during training camp (even with Rodgers) when everyone was writing in the Falcons and Texans as easy wins. Both teams are scrappy as hell and the Texans are legitimately good.

We might not win another game this year.

17. Cman68

Wouldn't surprise me if Zach gets back on the field this year or next.

18. Cman68

Maybe with an act of God..

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He's definitely going to play again. There will be a game that both Boyle and Seimian go down. Maybe next game.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. Cman68

Fckn pathetic...