Rodgers wants to come back even if the Jets are out of it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Nov 23, 2023.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I mean... at this point sure who cares why not?

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

twown and SackRecord99 like this.
  2. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

To prove definitively that this franchise is cursed to be run by idiots.

4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Rodgers is so in need, of being in the limelight, to bad he couldn't just, go into another darkness retreat.

jetophile and ouchy like this.
  5. mark82

mark82 Active Member

At this stage, I'm sure we're living in an augmented reality and there is some guy playing one huge game of Madden and we are the helpless pixel people banally waving in the stands

egbert souse, ouchy, roboz08 and 3 others like this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

So many people that wanted him to play in the preseason, not wanting him to play here because it's meaningless :rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware that Rodgers was promoted to head coach and allowed to choose his playing time. If Saleh has any balls left, he needs to put his foot down and keep Rodgers on the bench if the team is eliminated by the time Rodgers wants to play again. He should think of it this way: he's probably going to get fired from this job sooner rather than later, and if he lets Rodgers play for ego reasons and Rodgers re-injures himself, he'll never be considered for a head coaching job in the future.

8. HomeoftheJets

A couple series in preseason against a defense that isn't trying is very different from two full games against Belichick who you know will dial up blitzes because he hates the Jets and then against the Browns who will be fighting for their playoff lives.

9. dawinner127

The giants ran cover 0 and blitzed more than any other team in the preseason.

Meaningless games = meaningless games.

10. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

Woody needs a way to sell more tickets for that Christmas eve game vs. the Commanders otherwise the place will most certainly be empty. Rodgers playing helps with that

NY Jets68 and papapump like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

I remember that. The Jets weren't happy about it. Still, it was a couple series vs. two full games, and the Pats and Browns will be tougher than that was. And in addition to everything else I said, there's the biggest difference of all: Rodgers wasn't coming off an Achilles tear in record time in the preseason game.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What’s it really matter though? If he reads it again, he now has double the time to get back for next season which unfortunately we’re pretty much locked into riding out with him. Or if he tears it again, maybe he retires?

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

There's no maybe. He was talking to McAfee about how difficult the rehab is and he said that the day he hurt it, he considered retiring. He reflected overnight, then decided he'd do the rehab "one more time". He hurts that thing again and he's done.

14. HomeoftheJets

If he tears it again, he's almost certainly retiring, and since it would be due to an on-field injury, I don't think we get the cap money back.

15. dawinner127

Had someone send me a few months ago that reinjury rate after 3 months is anywhere from 1%-5% -- this was in 2011. A decade later, it's probably safe to assume that it's closer to 1% than 5% at this point. Until we hit 8 losses, I'm okay with him coming back if he's cleared by the doctors. I can't see the doctors clearing him though so it shouldn't matter.

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Do we have an actual quite from Rodgers on this? All I heard on Pat's show is that the Jets have to be in it, and he thinks the Jets will be in it. If they are not in it, it would indeed be idiotic to come back. Maybe for a series or something, like he did in preseason, but not to play all game. Behind this OLine and not having played for a while, if there is nothing to play for, it would be incredibly stupid. And even in the best case scenario if he does not get killed, he only would ruin draft position. It just makes no sense at all.

17. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I'm fine with it. Either he gets hurt again and we can move on in the offseason or he comes in and plays well and everyone can feel better about things heading into the offseason and next season. Either way, we have some clarity on the situation other than putting all of our eggs in the Rodgers basket for next year with health still being a potential question, since we know that Douglas doesn't believe in backup plans.

And then there's just the selfish point of view that I've been teased about the prospect of Rodgers playing for the Jets since, what, February of this year. I just want to see what that looks like.

REVISion, JETFUEL1580 and ukjetsfan like this.
  18. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

I really don’t see this happening. Remember he’s got to get cleared by a Jets doctor. This could actually get pretty ugly if Rodgers thinks the Jets are purposely having their doctors not clear him.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

For 31 teams, being a fan is all about hope. Hope for the future. If Rodgers comes in and plays well, he will throw gas on the flames of hope.

WarriorRB28 likes this.