Tim Boyle will start vs Miami

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Nov 20, 2023.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

None of it makes sense. I can't talk myself into anything resembling a logical thought process at any step along the way. Our QB decisions have been completely asinine from the second Rodgers went down.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Unless Joe completely threw the Rodgers return this season out the window and committed to tank in week 2. I don't believe that, but the personnel moves would make sense if he didn't also fuck it up before Rodgers went down. 3 undrafted rookies in the WR room?

3. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Who are we kidding. Zach wasnt the QB answer, but neither is any player on our roster who is not on the injured list.

The O-Line was always gonna be a wing and a prayer. Had we signed Wentz or Foles, it would not have been worse, but really, would it have been much better ???

The challenge this off season is to keep the D largely intact while somehow upgrading the OL, adding a WR2, and adding a serious backup QB.

Fat chance Joe gets all that done.

Mogriffjr and JetFanInPA like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

just brownlee and gipson. and gipson was in for return duties. WR room was GW, lazard, Hardman, Cobb, Gipson Brownlee.
    taylor is in his 3rd season and spent his 1st 2 in GB but barelly seen the field. he got activated week 10.
    CD retiring opened a spot for brownlee

5. REVISion

Yeah that's the only way it remotely makes sense but that doesn't even make sense considering we beat the Bills in week 1 and were very much in the playoff hunt until yesterday.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

What was the point of signing Simien? Not suggesting he's a world beater but surely he's better than Boyle.

kevda5n9ne and REVISion like this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Irv Charles has been activated numerous times this season, I count that as 3. 3 undrafted rookie receivers on Sunday, even if 1 spends the majority on gunner duty, that sort of makes it worse.

8. GasedAndConfused

charles isn't a rookie though and was kept for special teams purposes

9. GasedAndConfused

bodies in the QB room

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Not sure if you're pointing the finger at Douglas for the "kowtowing" but, as I said in a thread about Saleh, I believe the display of submission was probably directed from above. Every few years the emperor dons his finest new clothes and exposes himself for what he really is.

Since1969 and The_Darksider like this.
  11. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

How people can't see this pattern is beyond me. That pattern, and the one where Douglas put a premium on youth and trading FOR draft picks rather than trading them away. He suddenly veers completely off course, blows his entire 3-year process to smithereens to make an ill advised 2 year desperation kamikaze run at a Super Bowl title while giving up draft capital for a 40yr old quarterback.

Worlds colliding. What makes more sense? Woody's penchant for chasing big names when he gets restless with the QB situation being forced on the GM, or the GM suddenly doing a complete 180 on his entire philosophy - coincidentally in the same exact fashion preferred by aforementioned owner - all on his own?

12. REVISion

I don't think Woody directly demanded the Rodgers move, this is just what every GM does when they realize they're on the hot seat. They don't have time to wait for young guys to develop so they sell the future to try and get some extra wins here and now and save their jobs for a few years. Keeping their jobs in the near future is more important to them than the long-term future of the franchise.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. The_Darksider

I'm willing to concede that perhaps a directive was made to find a vet QB that gives the team instant credibility and maybe he was given a choice of who to go after rather than the emperor demanding Rodgers in particular.

But I will in no way believe that Douglas took it upon himself to do that. Just doesn't make sense.

The only other possible scenario was that Douglas was made to feel as if his job was in jeopardy. But his actions this year don't support that in the least.

14. REVISion

Sure it makes sense. Douglas has a horrible record since he became GM. I think he determined his job was in jeopardy all on his own. He needed to make a splash and Rodgers just so happened to be available. GMs always choose to save their own careers over the long-term future of the franchise. It's human nature and they'd be dumb not to.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Oh... I have no doubt that Woodrow had his finger on the helm of the good ship S.S. Jets.

With Douglas as the Skipper and Saleh as 1st mate Gilligan... we're stranded on No Playoffs Island.
    And Aaron the Professor isn't getting us off it any time soon.

[​IMG]

Since1969 likes this.
  16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

this is this post.

just saw highlights of the chiefs and jets game where Zach looked his best. Ironically this was with the OL having AVT/Becton out there…ever since it’s been the backups backups especially on the right side of that line which has been completely decimated.

it was Hackett’s best game calling, and likely the last time Lazard was actually playing on two healthy legs.

No single QB is going to overcome playing behind a pourous OL AND lack of WR options AND terrible play calling. Starting Tim Boyle isn’t going to change a thing…just the same crap, different QB.

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

most JETS games have been a disastrous 3 hour tour....without Mary Anne

18. The_Darksider

See, this is where we disagree. Rodgers wasn't "available", the Jets went in there and pulled him out of semi retirement and made it happen.

The whole flying out to California and coming back without a deal, and taking a month or more after that to get it done - it's so Woody.

If Douglas felt his job was on the line, that was because the owner made him feel that way. He was coming off of a season where he had the best draft in team history, the team got off to a strong start and folded at the end, but there was no reason to believe his job was in jeopardy except for perhaps picking Zach Wilson. Perhaps. Until this abomination of a season happened, most people felt he could survive picking Wilson because of last year's draft and last season in general until the end.

It doesn't make any sense at all that he suddenly decided hey, maybe my job in jeopardy, let me rip everything up and destroy it.

Since1969 likes this.
  19. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Because anything that doesn’t support G&C’s point of view is obscure in his mind

20. The_Darksider

I have no idea how I missed this one. Holy crap.