2024 QB Class

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Sep 14, 2023.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The excitement is giving me chills...

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I just have a hard time seeing Penix being a bad NFL QB barring injury. Maybe he’s not great but he’s deadly accurate. Playing in pouring rain at Oregon State and dropping absolute dimes all over the field.

Same thing with his deputy Rome Odunze. Gimme this fucking kid next to GW.

westiedog1 likes this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'd be happy with a solid scrappy guy, and not just the flashy bling like "off-platform throws"....

4. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

carson beck

5. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Really have a chance to get a glimpse of JJ McCarthy vs an OSU D with nfl talent. He’s one to keep an eye on.

Also want to get a look at a guy like Pennix in the playoffs and even a Bo Nix.

we won’t be in the Caleb running but we can ge a QB. Can even trade back for a guy like Nix. Get some more picks.

6. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

agree, I think Penix is gonna be an ultra solid NFL qb. Big arm talent imo.

westiedog1 likes this.
  7. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Not sold on Penix. Great story though rooting for him. His arm slot and not facing tons of pressures worries me. He was faced with some pressure vs Wash St last night and was ok. Not great. He can throw deep no doubt. Those two concerns me in NFL.
    Pratt guy I like in round 3-4.

8. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Jalen Milroe, man. He can come out this year as a RS Soph, right? I'm not banging the table for him or anything because I don't pretend to be a scout, and I know he looks like Uncle Rico out there with his mechanics, but the ability to throw the ball at even an average level with his size and speed is crazy.

And it's not the Milroe Miracle last night that really caught my attention regarding him as a potential option - it was his postgame interview. I literally said outloud, "oh wow, I LIKE this kid" while watching it. And I'm the type that roots for Alabama losses. This kid seems genuinely confident, personable, and thoughtful - on top of being supremely physically talented.

Edit: I originally posted a Twitter link to the interview and the site ate it, so here's one from YouTube:

#28 Snatch Catch, Nov 26, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

I like him a lot too. He’s so big and physical as well, I think he could run around in the NFL and withstand the beating. But he’d also be crazy to leave this year. He’ll be a Heisman hopeful next year and is going to make a bunch of money at Alabama.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Another interesting note on this below. I think and have always thought that Rhule is a douche but I don’t think he’s lying.

I can only imagine the bag Sam Hartman got for choosing ND. I’d bet Devin Leary even got a million to go to Kentucky to play mediocre at best football. It’s insane.

11. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Spencer Rattler is my guy.

Played behind an awful OL and knows to feel pressure. He has a cannon of an arm. Really think he’s a round 3 or 4 one year developer and get

12. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

There are 6-10 QBs that could go in the first two rounds, but there are not that many teams needing QBs so bad as to draft them that high. I think 5-6 will be drafted in rounds 1-2 and 4-5 QBs in the 3rd round. Once the run starts in the 3rd round they will go quick.

I do hope Rodgers comes back in 2024 and leads this team to the golden land, but with that said this team needs to draft a QB or at least sign a competent backup that could be a starter. We need to spend our 1st round pick on the O-line, but just maybe in the early 3rd there just might be a QB that I would like the Jets to jump on and take if there.

I think Quinn Ewers will be there in the 2nd round, but he could slip to the 3rd round. I have been watching him since High School when Ewers was rated the No. 1 overall prospect in the 2022 recruiting class.

He is a big as life kind of guy who doesn’t shy away from the spotlight and attention. His mullet is gone and he was all business this year going 10-1 with 3,161 yards, 21 Passing TDs, 5 Rushing TDs, 6 INTs, and a 70.7% Completion Rate.

He tore up Alabama even when his WRs were dropping big passes. Even in his only loss this year he completed 31 of 37 (83.8%), for 346 yards.

I know the Jets need a lot of help and a WR or TE or even a 2nd OL would be great in the 3rd round, but this teams needs someone behind Rodgers to learn and start when he is gone.

13. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I'm in the Columbia area and watched him all season. Great arm, accurate, and had freaking Dowell Loggains as his OC.
    Not a step in and play guy. Needs to sit and learn for a season or two as the #3 where there's no chance he gets forced onto the field.

WoodyHarrelson likes this.
  14. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

I really like Ewers. Has a feel for the game. Normally he'd be a round 3+ guy... but he fits the mold of todays NFL Qb better than in the past. He's got a little Brock Purdy in him... but a lot of Qb's in this draft so maybe he will slip some.

JetsFan likes this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's highly doubtful we take a QB. rodgers is the starter next year and adding a player to help now is what the current plan is.
    if we were to take a QB it would be a late round flyer. we only have a 1st, 3rd, 2 4ths, and a 6th so we are short 2 picks form the norm which makes taking a flyer a little tougher
    ward, pratt, rattler, and travis are the guys ranked around the spot we could grab with a 4th

AtlantaJet and Brook! like this.
  16. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Lots of rumours coming out of Texas that he will not declare and will play another year in college.

17. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Bo Nix is the guy. He should be there in the middle of the first. The only issue is the ARod has this team by the balls and will want an offensive piece that helps him now.

Caleb Williams is overrated and we wouldn’t have a shot anyway. Drake Maye has potential and fits the mould of a franchise QB however he’s a 1 read type QB. Bo Nix is outstanding literally Justin Herbert 2.0 and letting him sit behind ARod would be a brilliant move so I doubt the jets will pull it off.

stinkyB and JetsFan like this.
  18. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

they say this every year. OH DEEP QB class. There will be 1 or 2 guys that pan out, its a total crap shoot

#38 nevbeats319, Dec 18, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  19. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Bo Nix "is the guy" lol - he is rated as the 4th or 5th QB in the class. Find me a day 2 QB that is sure fire starter. Better yet, go look at Bryce Petty in 2014 and look where is was rated in December compared to April

20. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

This! You would think by this time there would be some sure fired way to determine who truly are the "can't miss" picks for QB, but it continues to be a total crap shoot! I say make sure you have a sure fire starter (Rodgers) and a sure fire backup, take a later round guy that you can develop and have him compete for the back-up roll.