No second interview for our SCHOTTY!/ Withdraws from interviews

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kentucky Jet, Jan 15, 2007.

1. AlToon

AlToon Member

Chan Gailey or Jim Mora Jr. are getting the Fish job

The relationship between the coaches and Capers is important, because Capers today is expected to sign a three-year contract to remain the Dolphins' defensive coordinator. The contract, reportedly worth $8 million, will make Capers the NFL's highest-paid assistant.

Gailey and Capers crossed paths as coordinators with the Steelers for the 1994 season and had a good relationship. Mora sees Capers as a father-figure of sorts from the time Capers worked under Mora's father in the USFL and with the New Orleans Saints.

Those combined traits apparently made Schottenheimer realize he was running third in a three-horse field; thus, he removed himself from consideration

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16468375.htm

Brian was not getting the Dolphin job with Capers as the DC

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

After Marty gets fired today, Lil Schott will go back to SD..

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Hope for Mora as it will guarantee that Miami will not be a factor during his tenure as he will be the same mismatch vs Man & Belly that Herm was vs Belly

4. Jetset

Jetset New Member

You really think Schott goes back to SD as the HC?!!! No way that happens - if anything Cam Cameron gets that job I think.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think you nailed it, DBJ and I couldn't have said it better. Either the situation was right or it wasn't, and it obviously wasn't. Besides, one can be almost certain Woody called Brian into his office and said, "We really like you here, Brian. What would it take to change your mind for now?"

There will be other opportunities for BS, perhaps even as HC of the Dolphins after whoever gets the job falls flat on his face after several years.

6. AlToon

AlToon Member

AJ Smith and Marty hate each other.They barely speak to each other.Smith is not hiring Marty's son as Chargers HC

7. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Schotty will fair better to wait another year. He is definitely going to be on teams' radar in the future. He will be tough to keep long-term.

8. championjets69

Actually in listening to Miami radio they say that BS was the 3rd man in the equation with Mora & Gailey being 1 & 2 so I guess BS said screw them if the blowholes think the others guys are better so I will just withdrew which I guess is what he did

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Man, I can't believe I missed this post. Awesome job, DbJ, I totally agree.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2732215&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

11. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

I wanted BS, and I didn't care about his lack of experience, that comes with time. I wasn't completely distraught after hearing the news of his withdrawl, and I could understand that his lack of experience played a large role in all of this....

Maybe it's for the best that he remains an OC for a couple more years, and continues to build his coaching resume. I'm sure he has a future as a head coach in this league, and I guess I was just hoping that Wayne would show some balls, and take the risk on BS for better of worse. Oh well, life goes on...

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm glad we won't need a new OC and also that he didn't go to a team in our division. Especially that team.

13. championjets69

I am hoping for Mora as it will insure you are bottom feeders for some time as he will never/ever compete with Man & Belly just like Herm could not cope with Belly. Wayne may be a bright biz man but not so very smart when it comes to FB. Go MORA!

14. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I don't think Gailey would be a bad hire. Sometimes the better move is not the most exciting one. But my fingers are crossed for Mora. :grin:

15. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Champ you make me annoyed with you, and you make me laugh.

And the "Go MORA!" comment honestly made me cough up my pancakes. I can picture you giving a little fist pump saying that.:rofl:

16. championjets69

Man oh man you must really lighten up. That was joke hoping the blowholes hire him cause it means the only quality teams with quality coaches will be us & the Pats. You took al totally WRONG!

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think this is very likely to have happened. Huizenga is out interviewing every Tom, Dick and Harry and then calling them in for second (and who knows... maybe even a third) interview, while he leaves a guy like Schottenheimer twisting in the wind. Just the initial interview puts Schotty in an uncomfortable situation, at best, with the Jets and then Wayne procrastinates while picking and choosing and leaving half a dozen guys strung out.

Schottenheimer had time to think about all of it over the weekend and probably came to the conclusion, "Screw this guy. If he's going to play me against a bunch of others and expects me to hang around while he jerks off, I don't want to work for this guy anyway." Good for him. And Huizenga's not the "businessman" everyone thinks he is either. If he were, he'd be capable of making quick decisions and wouldn't have allowed Saban to jerk him off the way he did in the first place.

18. championjets69

Well U know U do not become a BILLIONAIRE by not being smart. Are U saying cause he is the garbage biz that he is a front man for others?

19. Vegi5894

Vegi5894 New Member

All i have to say is that im effin' extatic (if thats even how u spell that). I saw that he declined the second interview on Sportscenter between my classes and nearly jumped for joy. The fact that we kept an offensive mind like that, and now that CP and the rest of the Offense doesn't have to learn another totally different scheme is great.

That being said, how much longer do u guys think we will have Schotty? just b/c we got thru one coaching request doesn't mean we're totally safe either, and u know there are going to be coaches getting fired next year, and if our offense continues to improve the demand for him is going to get higher and higher. so again i ask, how many seasons with Schotty do u think we have?

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

This will probably be the last season we have him, but Mangini knows that better than anyone and will learn as much as possible from him anticipating his departure.