Complete gm fail

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Losmeister, Nov 6, 2023.

1. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about that. Zach hasn't looked particularly great from a clean pocket either. I think the lack of skill at WR might be a bigger problem. It's crazy they're trotting out UDFAs and journeymen while their $44 million dollar receiver can barely catch a ball

The OL injuries have been atrocious though and it's a top 3 priority for the off season. It starts with QB play IMO

REVISion likes this.
  2. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

24-51 is solid? Every team has injuries, can't use that excuse for his terrible record as GM.

JetDan, SOJAZ and REVISion like this.
  3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It's clear to me at this point, this front office and coaching staff cannot put together a winning team.

I don't have any solutions but change is needed again.

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I think its apparent to everyone watching that even with an above average game from ZW, he was no better than Aidan O'connell. So that OL stuff is nonsense when trying to excuse ZW's lack of proficiency.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Both are true: QB and OLine play are both not good. Add WRs to the mix aside from GW. And add OC to the list as well. We are playing at historically bad levels offensively, there is more than one issue.

SOJAZ, REVISion and sackexchange like this.
  6. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

In no way am I trying to excuse Zach. The kid is borderline incapable of throwing TD passes. But, to put the entire blame for this inept Offense on his shoulders is misguided.

Borat likes this.
  7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I don't think the OL is responsible for 33 straight possessions of no TD's etc, nor do I think the RB's and WR's are. IMO the whole blame is on the QB and the only way we can empricially judge between our two opinions is to change the QB and see if the level of offensive effectiveness changes.

I think both of your perspectives are shared with Saleh and because of this we will never see a QB change since your perspective leads to criticizing and applying blame to the offense for overall ineptness whenever they get a penalty or drop a pass.

SOJAZ and GoldenShowers like this.
  8. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Aidan O’Connell looked far more poised and confident. He looked like he knew the concepts before the play. Our D is far better than LV and at no point did O’Connell have the same dejected lost look that Zach has the moment he steps on the field.

9. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

As has been proven over and over, the OL is middle of the road in terms of giving Zach time. The QB is the worst in the sport for three straight seasons.

It’s almost entirely on the shit for brains QB.

SOJAZ and IDFjet like this.
  10. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I agree except for "dejected"--one has to have some humility to be dejected and I don't see it with him--agree he's lost on the field tho in any case that doesn't fit his initital expectation.

11. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

O'Connell was straight clothes lined body slammed by Jermaine Johnson. His OL was wayyyyy worse.

No excuses for Zach and his supporters. Aiden found a way to get his offense to score. Zach did not.

Our defense gave them two turnovers with good field position.

SOJAZ, BrowningNagle and IDFjet like this.
  12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I cannot speak for @sackexchange, but that's not at all what I am saying. I think we can certainly have a QB change, and I was begging JD to get Wentz after NE game when he got Simien. It appears Wentz really wanted to come here for whatever reason, maybe he didn't want to move cross country, but whatever the reason is, he asked to be here multiple times. But JD got scrub Simien. And sure we can start him, I am in favor. I just think if you expect the offense to be drastically improved with that one move, you may be disappointed. Again, this is not to say that we shouldn't do it, I am in favor of doing it. It's just it would be nice to have Wentz as the option like we all asked for weeks ago rather than an immobile scrub whom JD signed instead.

However, I think absolving OLine is also wrong. @GoldenShowers (what a name!) suggested that we have average protection, and asked to look at PFF. Well, I just did, and we are 29th in pass block. That's not average, Golden. And again, let's change the QB to the scrub that JD signed instead of Wentz, I think we should do it. But 29th is not average pass pro. It's bottom 4. Plus our running game is below average too. We have issues on OLine, no matter who the QB is. And JD could have helped during the draft, before the season, and then again during the season with Risner and Ezra Cleveland, and failed each time.

Also offensive coaching, Hack has been awful play caller. Horrible all around. And on top of it, he is not even playing the best players we have. Uzomah needs to be benched. I am not sure what Izzy can do behind the O line, but I want to find out.

WRs - no one is getting separation aside from GW, who is always bracketed. JD had time after Davis retired to adjust. He didn't.

So, if you are blaming me for saying there more than one thing wrong, and only QB is the problem, then we will need to disagree. QB is a big problem, needs a change, but there are other big problems we have too on offense.

Ralebird and SOJAZ like this.
  13. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

You said it much better than I could. I am in no way a Zach Wilson defender. I think he is a pedestrian QB. But the point is, you put a pedestrian QB behind a bad line and it spells disaster. There is no FA QB on the market right now who can save this team as it's currently configured.

SOJAZ and Borat like this.
  14. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I appreciate your viewpoint and until we can see how the offense changes with a better QB we can disagree. I think yes, we could have better WR's, and a better OL--most teams are not full of allstars. But we have (had) a playoff challenging team with a better QB- and could have gone that route at numerous points throughout the season--The rest of our squad is decent enough to compete even if very fallible.

15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Add a terrible OC, who is horrendous play caller and doesn't even play the best talent we have, plus WRs aside one who have hard time get open and OC cannot scheme them to get open, and you have historically bad Red Zone offense. Golden zone my ass, more like @GoldenShowers zone. :)

SOJAZ likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it was a routine sack. rodgers held it too long as well. the cut block means the ball needs to be out fast. thats the point of it. so the DE can't get his hands up. the sack wasn't due to poor protection and it was a routine sack/bad luck. it was his 1st time sacked. not like he got hurt his 10th time sacked in the game

dawinner127 likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't see what Wentz could possibly have done here to piss off the locker room more than a QB who can't play.

Ralebird and SOJAZ like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

for real. what is the worst that could happen? the offense goes a month without a touchdown. been there

NY Jets68, IDFjet and HomeoftheJets like this.
  19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Cut block is still a block. There was no block. Rodgers saw a bigger gain by Uzomah, assuming there would be some sort of block. There wasn't. Duane fucked up. But Rodgers would likely get hurt eventually anyway behind this line even if he survived that play.

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

What should be happening is Garrett draws the CB and safety left, Lazard holds his man along the right sideline, while Hardman takes the top off the defense down the middle. Except there is no Hardman anymore.

Instead of getting a better backup QB, we traded our deep threat. Its like JD is trying to tank during an all in playoff push.