Offense and QB change

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by semperfigreen, Nov 12, 2023.

1. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Question history buffs. Has there ever been an offense this bad through 9 games without making a qb change? I can't recall any in my 35 years of watching football. Saleh and Hacket should be fired tonight.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

At the pro level?

dawinner127 likes this.
  3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

You just have to look back at the Jets over the last 5 years, I thought it was weird, Tim Boyle was on the sidelines with his helmet on all game, but then again, probably trying to hide his face

4. semperfigreen

Good call! I wasn't thinking college but not even sure if I've seen it on the collegiate level.

Acad23 likes this.
  5. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Won’t watch another min of this dumb ass coaching staff and worst starting QB two years straight until a change is made. So I guess I have my Sundays free now

semperfigreen and GoldenShowers like this.
  6. semperfigreen

I didn't watch game tonight as I swore after last week I wouldn't watch another game with ZW as Qb.

VegasMav and Nyjets4eva like this.
  7. semperfigreen

The best part is someone will say there is nobody better than ZW like we haven't had options over the last 2 months.

Ralebird and Nyjets4eva like this.
  8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Then you're the only winner there was tonight.

In some ways, this was worse than the Giants game. With the Giants game, you at least had the humor of seeing if these bums could lose to a team with -9 yards passing. And the possibility of setting the record for number of combined punts in a game was in play as well. This game was just....sad.

semperfigreen likes this.
  9. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Here comes Gased&Confused he’s gonna be so confused about this comment. Then make excuses as to why Dobbs, Wentz, Brissett, or even the guy we signed Sieman wouldn’t be better for whatever reason and Zach has no help lol in 3.2.1

cmcm750203 likes this.
  10. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

So has Marblehead come out and said Zach’s the starter next week? Not that I expect it to change or anything…

11. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I don't think it's Saleh's call, especially after his "I plead the 5th" comment last week. I think Woody is doing ZW's uncle a favor by playing him.

Woody needs to sell the team. He knows nothing about how to run an organization.

12. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

If it isn’t his call then he needs to have a backbone and stand up to Woody. He can easily tell the next job he lost this one because he refused to stand behind the team’s moronic plan to continue playing the worst quarterback in the league and anyone who has been paying attention will get it. Standing there with that stupid look on his face just makes him look like he’s in way over his head

13. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

At this point I'm inclined to believe what Caporoso said, that Rogers may be the second most powerful decision maker in the building. JD and Saleh have been emasculated. It would explain everything.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  14. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I've been asking that question for a couple of weeks, is there any other team that would stick with a quarterback this long through this much ineptitude? And it's ironic, because tonight was one of his better overall games. The screams and cries last week about how the offense and the line failed him, when it wasn't all that true last week, was completely true this week. But at the end of the day, he hit that fork in the road where he could either be a part of the loss, or for once, do something to be the reason they win. And he followed everybody else down the wrong path.

I'm willing to forgive his inaccuracy and the fact that he misses guys here and there if he plays like he did for a lot of tonight, but I cannot forgive failing when the chips are down. And I cannot forgive continuing to throw the ball in the middle of the field in the final seconds when they should have triple amount of plays they're actually running.

So, no, nobody else would stick with a guy. Only the Jets. And that's a terrible indictment of this coaching staff.

15. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I'm starting to come around to that point of view. Up until now, I knew he was being forced to do it, but didn't really see any reason or way out for him to rebel. Now, it's just past comical and into scary. Anybody with half a brain can see that he is being forced to do this, so if he loses his job over it, it won't stop him from getting another one. However, if he continues to allow himself to go down with the ship, it may jeopardize his chances.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  16. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

We were warned by Payton about Hackett.

Since1969 likes this.
  17. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Salah benched Zack last year. Apparently somebody didnt like it.

18. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I don't really get why Rodgers would be campaigning so hard for Wilson to stay as QB. It's not like Josh Dobbs would've gotten the nod over Rodgers in 2024 had he come here and played well.

Wilson just feels like JD not being able to admit he whiffed on the pick. It's the pick that he hoped would define his tenure as GM. It has, just for the wrong reason.

19. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah Payton is an asshole but he wasn't wrong.

cmcm750203 and Since1969 like this.