The biggest offensive disaster in NFL history

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsfansince95, Nov 12, 2023.

1. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

don’t think we can win another 3 games

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The fact that Wilson hasn’t been benched and Hackett hasn’t been fired tells you that this franchise doesn’t exist to win games.

3. JRJR

JRJR Active Member

And the drop by GW down the left sideline.

4. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

It’s easy to say Dobbs would have worked with his amazing two game performances.
    It is quite obvious JD’s plans of not getting an immediate help for QB is backfiring.

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

They're in such a ridiculous dilemma with this Hackett situation. Can't fire him for risk of pissing off the almighty Aaron despite how glaringly horrible he is.

6. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Hackett hasn't been fired because they're waiting for Rogers to come back. As to why Zach hasn't been benched, it's probably because they fucked up and didn't get anybody better to step in.

Jets79 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The answer to why Wilson hasn't been benched is the same answer as to why Hackett hasn't been fired.

Rodgers. It's the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Trainer, GoldenShowers and cmcm750203 like this.
  8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Lots of frustrations for sure, so it’s always a bit sketchy to just post off the cuff…but off hand, I’d say while the OL wasn’t great, it wasn’t totally terrible either…with only just watching the game on TV, it looked like an average OL…maybe this will stabilize and stay together for a few games.

Uzomah is getting more penalties than catches it seems…he needs to ride the bench. Lazard is just not good…he almost dropped that beautiful sidearm pass at the end there…but he’s been next to useless.

And Zach…ah Zach. He can make some great plays with his legs and some great throws once in a while, which is what makes it so frustrating. He’s just not good. The stats show it. The eye test shows it. The lack of offensive production shows it. 5 TDs and 6 picks through 9 games is atrocious QB play. It just is. And that’s not even counting the what, 8 or 9 fumbles, of which he’s lost what, half? If not 2-1 turnovers to TDs, he’s close to it. Just awful.

9. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Hackett isn’t getting fired. He was brought in as someone stated above for Rodgers. Whether you don’t like the guy or think he stinks as OC, he’s coming back.

Jets79 likes this.
  10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Ok but at the time I posted my response, it was the beginning of the game and Wilson was looking crisp for the first time.

He seemed deflated once Hackett resumed shitty playcalling and reverted to being mediocre.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

11. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Dude he has two defenders on him. Yea the ball got to him, but he aint super man.

Ralebird likes this.
  12. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

AYFKM are you really putting even a milliliter of blame for this shitshow on GW?!? That dude is out there battling and fighting and running his routes and compensating for Zach's deficiencies and Hackett the fraud. GTFOH with that shit.

GoldenShowers likes this.
  13. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

14. burf

burf Well-Known Member

The last few weeks, I can barely watch the games.
    Between the penalties, & lack of imagination (it's the same "plan," plays & players every game).
    When I saw Izzy & Brownlee deactivated again, I lost interest.
    Even that INT, Lazard is just standing waiting for the pass. Bench the stiff already, same with MC.
    I know how everyone always wants to focus on Zach, but it's the coaching, all around, it's the Saleh philosophy of keep the offense vanilla, stay close, & hope for a win, that kills this team.
    The only coach with any semblance of imagination/creativity/an ability to adjust, is Brich.
    Other than him, especially on O, I'd prefer to see the players devise a game plan, & call their own plays.
    We all know how good Breece is... somehow, Hackett's found a way to make him look pedestrian, with all those runs into the box.
    What a waste of talent, on all sides of the ball.

papapump, Jets79 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I know that, but it shouldn’t matter when the offense is this bad. It’s completely broken and it’s going to cost the Jets another season. It painfully obvious that he’s a massive part of the problem and the fact that the Jets front office is under the thumb of a 200 year old QB just speaks to their own ineptitude. It’s hard to be this terrible but they’re making it look easy.

REVISion and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Oline was below average, more like total shit. Not able to open running holes, Max gets beat like a drum again and again and again. Pretty shit offensive performance all around starting with Zach, but OLine didn't do anyone any favors..

17. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

My bad, didn't even look at the timestamp.

Up until that interception, Wilson can only be blamed for a small fraction of the game. This was on the offense in general, and at some point the coach needs to look at his team and realize that they are not mentally prepared a lot of the time, they are not disciplined, and they are not executing. I'd like to think that time is now, but the Jets have never shown any indication that they will sit players who don't perform.

Jets79 likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Watch Zach's post-game presser.
    He promised to do better.

So we good... ;)

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  19. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Who cares about their draft position? Douglas has WASTED first round picks on Becton, Zach Wilson, and McDonald (who has been invisible). Past time to fire Douglas!

MDJets likes this.
  20. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

The PFF grade will prove you to be, as usual, completely fucking wrong.

He had more time in the pocket than any game this year.