Vilma was a big disappointment this year. - Merged X2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesse, Jan 15, 2007.

1. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Jonathan Vilma is the quarterback of this defense.

2. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

I would call you the most overrated poster in TGG history but people actually need to know who you are and think you're a good poster to say something like that so crawl back into your hole.

3. Big Cotch

Big Cotch Banned

I think there should be some middle ground with this- but I'm sure this will be a bash thread. I think there are Jets fans who say he is terrible, and others who say he is amazing. Bottom line, is he is not a 3-4 LB. He's about 25 lbs and 2 inches undersized- his size was in question for the 4-3, forget about the 3-4. He's a pretty good player, and was on the verge of being one of the best in the league before the switch. If you want to say he's a leader, or he makes the calls, or he has intangables, thats fine, but I'd rather have a guy who can shed blocks. I like the loyal fans who still say we can't replace a guy like that, but I think you have to forget about that, and think about what is really best for the team. I think a switch to OLB would be most beneficial for him, if not a trade all together. Love ya Vilma, but I doubt if you will ever be the guy we need for this system to function as it should.

4. A.C.E.S

A.C.E.S New Member

I'm sorry man but thats just stupid. It really is. Ewww I can't belive you said that.

5. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

just one year ago he had 169 tackles and led the league.. i don't know where you are getting the worst in NFL history

this is probably just another poster who is looking to get attention because no one knows who he is... its kind of sad when you think about it

#45 GreyhoundJet, Jan 15, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

i second this post for Worst Post of the Year?

(is it even a category? and if not, can we make it one and make this one the front-runner?)

cheers

7. Warrior

Warrior Member

Middle linebackers in the 3-4 generally don't make alot of sacks.

8. BxJetFan

BxJetFan New Member

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH is coming out or your mouth if you say that Vilma is bad. His leadership is what keeps our defense together. I second this being worst post ever

9. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

Your the worst poster in the gang green history. What you wrote was garbage. Leave the board while your ahead.

10. A.C.E.S

A.C.E.S New Member

Dude, thats just mean. :lol:

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Weak armed and fragile? :)

12. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I'll be sure to let Brian Bozworth know the title is no longer his...:breakdance:

Worst post in history now goes to a vote... all in favor say AYE!!!

AYE!!!

13. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Uh oh. It's starting to get worse in here....

14. Big Cotch

Big Cotch Banned

Can you show me an example of how his leadership kept us together? Just one concrete example. If you are going to use the catch phrases, I want you to understand what it is that you are saying- don't just recycle what has been posted for the last 2 years. I know that if a guy doesn't produce stats, that he is AUTOMATICALLY a leader, but I'd like to see some evidence of how it helped us win a game.

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

i don't know about "keeping the D together" (i didn't say it), but just watch closely between plays.

if there's a Defensive timeout, watch who goes over to Sutton and Mangini. before the Offense snaps the ball, watch who's barking out assignments and shifts etc. when the D huddles up, watch who they huddle around.

Vilma is the QB of the Defense. i think many of us forget it's his 3rd year, in a new system...again; let him learn. regarding the weight thing, let's say he adds 5lbs this Offseason and 5 again next Offseason -- all of the sudden he's not so underweight anymore.

i'll admit his production has dropped and he doesn't make nearly as many plays as we expect. but the original post is uncalled for.

cheers

16. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Was he not right up there in tackles this season? Like top 10? He didnt make many big plays but he way there, no doubt. The fact is, in a 3-4 with the personnel we had, it was hard for VIlma to make the plays he usually makes. He also really blew his biggest opportunity of the season by trying to swat the ball out of Brady's hand instead of hitting him.

17. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Will Vilma's non-sack be "one of those plays we remember"?

This play was by no means as drastic as the Brien FG misses, and I am not saying we'd have won if he made the sack, but when you look at what it would have likely meant at that point in the game, it really seems as though it could have been game changing.

I do not exactly remember the down and distance, but NE was charging back and we could have stopped their momentum and regained possession if VIlma makes the sensible play. I cannot fathom what he as thinking and cannot get it out of my head...I also don't understand how he didn't get a blast from the coaches after that.

Jon had a full head of steam and not only would have probably caused a fumbled with that hit considering how fast he was going, but he could have shaken up Brady pretty good and possibly taken him out if he really gave him all he had. Everyone that watched that play saw a player come free at the QBs backside, knew they were about to see a sack, and was then dumbfounded when they saw the player over-run the QB while taking a wild swing at the football.

I just can't forget it. I don't want anyone to think that I am saying we'd have won if he got that sack, but its a playoff game...make the damn play!

18. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I'll say this....like in 04. We had no chance to advance....we werent beating the Pats in 04. We most likely wouldnt have beaten the Chargers, Ravens or Colts. But if that play is made, we would have won...I think.

19. vilmas our future51

vilmas our future51 New Member

He lead our team in tackles and is the team captain. Yeah great idea to get rid of the anchor of our defense. getting rid of him would deffinitaley get us to the superbowl:up: Who would you rather have some rookie who we have to groom for a year or a born leader and guy who's getting better adjusting to the 3-4

20. vilmas our future51

vilmas our future51 New Member

I second that:beer: