The monument man "Super Saleh"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets69, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Did anyone else want to puke, watching this idiot standing on the side lines , doing absolutely nothing, what a clueless HC, by all means he's a great motivational speaker, should probably be put in charge of the Jets social media account.
    Id rather reincarnate Joe Walton, to be the HC, at least he would hold his clipboard and pick his nose, on national TV, which is a hell of a lot more than Saleh.

And as far as Joe Douglas goes, those who live by the sword, die by the sword, enjoy dieing with, your number 2 pick.

NYJetsO12, James Hasty and SOJAZ like this.
  2. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The defense is great. Special teams are great. Offense is abysmal. Saleh has to change the attitude of the offense from super conservative. This falls on him.

papapump and SOJAZ like this.
  3. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Be fair Saleh is seeing improvement and when it all comes together its going to be frigging awesome

Jets69 likes this.
  4. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

LOL.... The guy is clueless its apparant when you keep marching out the same players who aren't performing, game planning, if they actually do any, and PCing which iis a thing of beauty.

Jets69 likes this.
  5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I've been waiting 3yrs to see that, any time frame on when it's all going to come together?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

By the time the Jet offense becomes "awesome", Apophis will have hit and the earth will have been knocked back into the middle ages.

westiedog1 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Yup. It’s like he has no idea how to handle adversity. Oh, I thought this game was going to go well with all high 5s. But it’s not , now what do I do.

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

“The offense is so close”… I only accept a statement like that during pre season

Cman68, IDFjet, sozopol and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It didn’t make me want to puke and I don’t think he should be personally attacked about it.

But yes, it is very disheartening to see. Everyone likes to rag on Belichick but I can’t tell you how many times over the years the camera has panned to him on one knee on the bench with an entire unit around him coaching them up - primarily the defense but still.

I don’t ever even see Saleh talking into his friggain headset. I don’t see him talking to players. I don’t see him talking to coordinators or position coaches. I see him celebrate a big sack and that’s about it.

Seems like a good guy and a decent (overrated) coordinator. I don’t really get the lack of anything but being pissed off at the offense on the sideline stuff though.

Pepsiguy5, sozopol, REVISion and 4 others like this.
  10. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Do you guys do sarcasm lol

11. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

If anyone had the D Line he had in SF it'd make anyone look like a promising coach. Nice guy indeed, but not a head coach. At least not in his first stint.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Defensive head coach coaches elite defense; is given Zach Wilson, Tim Boyle, and Trevor Siemian to play QB; and is 4-4 against a tougher than average schedule. And y'all want to blame him? He's one of the bright spots on this team. Has anyone considered that without him, the defense might be mid, and we'd be 1-7?

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What great coaching maneuver has Saleh done to win a game? How many games have the Jets been ready from the start? We're a very lucky 4-4 and its not due to Saleh. 14-27 is who Saleh the HC is.

REVISion likes this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Why’s he even got a mouthpiece on his headset? Has he ever spoken over it? I’ve never seen it.

Some guys are running the show. Other guys work for the Jets.

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Just watched Saleh's presser...
    According to him... the players are simply trying too hard.

Sounds like they need a day off... :confused:

Cman68 and Centiment like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well I think the problem is the way we’re trending. 5-2 last year to 7-4 to losing 6 straight to miss the playoffs with a locker room that seemed close to a private mutiny based on the QB play and decisions there of who to play.

We’re staring down the barrel of the same thing again. And we lost lost to a team with -9 net passing yards last week and should’ve and then got trounced at home by a sub .500 team with a bad defense by most measures.

Cman68 and Acad23 like this.
  17. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Saleh is a likeable guy and I'm rooting for him to succeed. But I really don't get what he does during games either. He celebrates and yells at refs. I've never seen him addressing the team, talking to coordinators, or talking to players. Idk what head coaching activities he's doing during games. It's really concerning honestly.

sozopol, REVISion and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  18. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah it's honestly an insulting explanation at this point, as if it's totally normal for it to take half a season for an offense to look competent whatsoever. Isn't that what the entirety of training camp and preseason are for?

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  19. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

It's the fundamentals for me. Wrapping up tackles. Falling on fumbles instead of trying to scoop them. Not committing dumb penalties at the worst times. Not starting every single game slowly. All of that stuff falls on the coach.

I will say though - watching Saleh's presser today, it's pretty clear that he's being forced to start Wilson against his will. He had a quote that basically confirmed as much.

Pepsiguy5 and kevda5n9ne like this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Are you going to give him no credit for the defense? There are a lot of young players on the defense playing really well, and he's the one coaching them. If he were an offensive coach, then that would be a different story; I'd want him fired and the DC promoted to HC. But the solution isn't to fire Saleh, it's to let him coach a QB who isn't terrible.

#20 HomeoftheJets, Nov 7, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    IDFjet and Cman68 like this.