Week 9 Studs and Duds NYJ vs LAC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 7, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Studs

D-line - another dominant performance from the d-line. Huff, JFM, JJ, and Q stood out the most. WMD had a strip sack (credited for half a sack) and jefferson got one too. they were a big reason we held the chargers to under 200 yards total offense

Sauce - the whole secondary was pretty good but sauce had his best game out there IMO. which is saying a lot because he's been great again this season after a slow for him start.

Morestead/Greg the leg - again these 2 are just money. We haven't had a K/P combo this good since forever.

Duds

O-line - were just awful. Mostly mitchell and turner were dominated all game. Becton got beat a couple of times. I seen tomlinson get beat once. Tippman was the only one that looked good. Zach had no time to let any routes develop at all and hall had no rushing room

Lazard - Hasn't been good all year but was really bad this game. a couple more drops. had 1 that wasn't a drop but he should have fought more for the ball and used his size. also had a dumb penalty that negated a big play

TEs - usually a strong group here but not yesterday. Ruckert had 2 pre-snap penalties to kill drives. Uzo dropped a TD (game was over already but still) conklin was alright

Special teams coverage - letting up that early PR TD was pretty damn poor. odd becuase our special teams is usually one of the best.

Breece - was ineffective and fumbled on a key 3rd down because he took his eye off the ball on a pitch. wasn't fully his fault due to no room to run but that fumble hurt and he didn't produce

Luck - it just wasn't our day. every fumble we had went right to the chargers. every fumble we forced somehow bounced right back to them

Dumb penalties/mistakes - way too many dumb penalties to kill drives. lazard, 2 from ruckert. we forced a fumble and tried to scoop it instead of falling on it. GW got lucky he didn't get flagged and the ref had to hold him back. stuff like this falls on the coaching too

Up and Downers

Zach - I'm not going to make him a stud and grade him on a curve. We did only put up 6 points. not that it was on him though. GW fumbled, breece fumbled, the o-line was bad. Zach did have 1 fumble and the turnovers killed us. He made some good throws too and overall outplayed herbert. People are shitting on him but he wasn't a dud. sadly he was probably a top 3 player on our offense overall yesterday

GW - made some nice catches and was the only WR to get open consistently but did have that bad fumble

Gipson - made 2 nice catches but still only had 32 yards in the game. didn't do anything bad just didn't do enough to be a stud.

Overall people will shit on zach and probably hackett too, but this was a team loss if I've ever seen one. D was the only one who held their end of the bargain but even then couldn't create turnovers due to bad bounces and dropped INTs.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Not a dud? lol

Centiment, Jets69, bigbucks24 and 3 others like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

he missed 2 or 3 throws out of 49 attempts. he alled audibles and blitzers out. he found open WRs who dropped the ball over and over. he fit some good passes into tight coverages. he didn't' throw a pick. he had no help from the o-line. a ton of drops. and every drive was killed by fumbles and dumb penalties. outside of GW who on our offense had a better game then wilson?

the wilson hate is such a lazy take

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

6 total points vs the 32nd ranked D and 28th in DVOA.

Yes he wasn't the only problem, but he was part of it. Saying he wasn't is a joke.

westiedog1, Jets69, 94Abraham and 5 others like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson just missed being a stud again lol

6. GasedAndConfused

I said before the game that their rankings on D aren't a good indicator because the health of their players. they finally had a fully healthy D and mack, bosa, and tuli dominated our o-line

7. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I must have missed the play by Herbert that was worse than Zach Wilson literally scrambling his team out of feild goal possession that would have made the game a one-possession game in the midpoint of the third quarter.?

papapump, Pepsiguy5 and Since1969 like this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

herbert was bad all game outside of 1 drive. allen bailed him out on an awful 3rd down pass when he was wide open on a broken coverage. he also fumbled but the ball bounced back to him and took about the same amount of sacks as zach. we also dropped 2 INTs that he threw. zach didn't have any INT worthy balls. and he did all this in way less attempts

9. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Damn, where were easy graders like you when I was in school and needed them!

papapump and dawinner127 like this.
  10. HackettSuxTNG

You didn't answer my question. What play committed by Herbert was worse than Zach Wilson taking that sack that put the Jets out of field goal range that would have made the game a one possession game?

papapump likes this.
  11. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Here we go, more fly shit in the pepper to convince us that Zach’s ineptness is anything but ineptness

Ralebird, SackRecord99 and bigbucks24 like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Herbert was playing against arguably the leagues best defense

Zach Wilson was playing against factually the leagues worst pass defense

Duh

there is no argument for one outplaying the other. Clearly they played against different defenses.

SackRecord99 and bigbucks24 like this.
  13. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Zach still doesn’t feel the rush. On at least half of the sacks there was a wide open outlet in the flat if he had gotten rid of the ball fast enough. Also how many times does he back out of the pocket to let a small sack become a big sack. Just get rid of it if the play isn’t there.

14. HackettSuxTNG

In my mind, that has become his trademark. Whenever I think of Zach Wilson, that is the first thing I think of.

REVISion and Jeff M like this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

again I ask, outside of GW who on offense was better then zach yesterday?

16. GasedAndConfused

I gave you plenty of examples. we weren't winning this game with FGs. that 1 possession game wouldn't have mattered if we can't score. herbert was helped out by a special teams TD and the D forcing 3 turnovers. he won that game the same way zach beat the bills.

17. GasedAndConfused

not factually since stats and rankings don't take into account injuries. we could have the worst ranked offense and say rodgers comes back and so does AVT and CMG and that game we put up 40 points.

18. HackettSuxTNG

Yet the QB had nothing to do with the fact that this team can't score TD's? You realizing he is averaging less than one TD per game?

But nothing to see here, right?

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So you are grading on a curve then?

Acad23 likes this.
  20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Officially troll status if ZW isn’t a dud.

If it’s not trolling then we shouldn’t have Hellen Keller starting the studs and duds thread.