Pathetic

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Nov 6, 2023.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Start with the 3 lousy tight ends. Uzomah is worthless, Ruckert is also awful, and Conklin. The OLine is not even college level. But Zach has to stop taking those really bad sacks. Throw the ball away!!! Ulrich at least made an effort to coach. Saleh had a dumb look all night. Even the announcers called him out. Can they go another year with Saleh and the offensive coordinator? Somebody has to be sent a message.

SOJAZ and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Someone needs to develop an app that changes the channel when the Jets offense has the ball...

mezzavo, boozer32, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

This was a pathetic performance all around. When your quarterback is several levels below putrid, holds the ball too long on just about every play, fumbles it away twice, was off line on a bunch of throws, almost got his receivers killed multiple times, and exhibited the football IQ of a mentally challenged rabbit - and you aren't even sure he's the biggest problem of the night, and in fact likely wasn't - you know your team sucks.

4. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Wilson was awful but you know what? A lot of other players on the offense were just as bad. Garrett Wilson's fumble was a killer early on, that cost us points. Then we had Dalvin Cook dropping the ball which would have gotten a first down. Instead we get backed up after and then stopped and pushed out of FG range. Lazard dropped a ball somewhere, then of course his blocking penalty that killed another drive. Breece Hall also fumbled the ball, fortunately recovered but maybe that play goes somewhere. Play calling was awful as usual too, and of course the offensive line was of little help. Complete mess on offense.

boozer32, dmw, NY Jets68 and 6 others like this.
  5. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

It all starts and ends with the QB. Bill Belichick being a total joke now, Josh McDaniels a total joke now, should be all the proof you need.

mezzavo, SOJAZ, papapump and 7 others like this.
  6. Cunninglinguist

Cunninglinguist Active Member

Sack Wilting has the lowest IQ of any starting QB in the NFL. But Saleh isn't exactly an intellectual either. More like a hype man, like a poor man's Herm.

mezzavo, boozer32, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Garrett Wilson fucked up one play. Cook fucked up one play. Lazard fucked up two plays. Breece kinda sorta fucked up one play. How many plays did Zach fuck up?

8. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Cook didn’t drop it. Zach over threw him. That’s why Cook looked back and yelled.

Hack tried get cute with the hurry up but it’s time to pull the plug on Wilson as starting caliber. The natural IQ isn’t there for NFL football.

Get Siemian in there. he knows the offense. and let’s win a few games.

Also gotta use Dalvin cook more. Should be Breece, Cook, And MC all day.

QB should handing it off both downs or PA on 1st/2nd. nothing more.

boozer32 and TheAustrian like this.
  9. mark82

mark82 Active Member

The more and more time goes on, Saleh just comes across as one of those cringe motivational speaker / car salesman / herbalife / get rich quick / invest with me / message me to join my GaNg / type dudes. He's a fraud.

mezzavo, SOJAZ, kevda5n9ne and 5 others like this.
  10. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

They put Turner in at RT..and Never put any help for him with blocking, since Turner doesn't know how, and Zach got hit after hit on him. Why can't they see that too?

11. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

I've just woken up to start work in the UK, having stayed up overnight to watch as bad an offensive performance as I can remember our team putting out. And that's saying something.

As someone who has played a lot of team sports, my approach is to be realistic, but look for positives where they exist. So here goes,

I have a tooth extraction booked at the dentist in a couple of hours. That is going to be more fun.

#11 UK_Chilts, Nov 7, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Im sure someone will let you know how many plays Zach fucked up. Off the top of my head I can think of 6 or 7 that were momentum/drive/game killers.

Regardless, other people’s shit play doesn’t absolve him of his own, and he’s been the most consistently shitty player we have not just on offense but on the team, 3 years running.

He (and JD by picking him) has been a key figure in wasting some incredible talent as well as what would probably be the best defense in the league if they had any kind of offensive support.

mezzavo, Ralebird, SOJAZ and 5 others like this.
  13. mark82

mark82 Active Member

Incredible commitment to stay up for that, man! I'm in Scotland and very much glad I didn't.

You deserve a more potent anesthesia than you're gonna get at the dentist

UK_Chilts likes this.
  14. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

What's amazing is that they've managed to be a great defensive unit over the past two seasons despite having to at the same time carry an all-time piss poor offense. Like you said, if they had any kind of support from the offense, they could be one of those units that is remembered years after the fact.

What I wouldn't give to see this defense playing with an actual lead late in games.

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’m surprised the locker room hasn’t completely fractured at this point.

mezzavo, SOJAZ, Jets79 and 5 others like this.
  16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If it's true about how quickly the locker room cleared out last night, it's possible that process is beginning.

NOVAJET, SOJAZ, Jets79 and 3 others like this.
  17. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

They’ll pull the same shit they did last year and make the move too late. Zach will get manhandled again next week, we’ll lose again, and MAYBE that forces their hand. This is supposed to be the “easy” part of the schedule and we played our worst game since the cowboys game.

SOJAZ likes this.
  18. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

Always do mate and will again next Sunday night at 01.20 our time!! For some reason, I always think next week will be better.

And I shall drown my sorrows with strong medicinal rum from the Dominican Republic now I've returned from the dentist sans tooth. :cool:

This may help me forget the day when I've finally accepted, unfortunately, that Zach ain't the man. From the very first pass that Aikman called a missed lay-up, too many opportunities that might have kept us out there were, literally, thrown away. Can't get away with a bad pass or poor decisions virtually every set of downs. No wonder we are last in third down conversions as its only a matter of time till the fuck up happens. Let's not even start with illegal motion and formation penalties pre-snap. Fucks sake :(

The plan.
    Rodgers next year
    Trade for his replacement, as this team has proved incapable of evaluating and developing rookie QB's.
    Draft OL to death.
    Trade for veteran WR's.

Drink more during matches. It helps.

#18 UK_Chilts, Nov 7, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  19. jessedark

jessedark Active Member

I know the line overall isn't good but am wondering how Mekhi Becton rated last night?

20. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

That's my point though. We know ZW makes a lot of mistakes. The margin for error for the rest of the team has to be minimal yet it was mistake filled all night with multiple players having drive killing mistakes.

HomeoftheJets likes this.