And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

But he’s gotten credited with three this year. I’ll give him the Giants. How does he get credit for the Broncos or Eagles though? If he gets the Bills game, that’s a bit of a soft one man.

stinkyB, Jets81 and Lon Chaney like this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

NYJUNC and Mark Sanchez ballwashing 2.0 ?

Reminds me of the days of "27th ranked but top 10...."

. .

Chappy13 and stinkyB like this.
  3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Not the broncos game.

They were down 13-6 in the Bills game. That's not soft at all. I'm fact, if the D steps up on the last drive, there is no OT and the jets win 16-13.

They were down 14-12 in the Eagles game. That one is a little soft but it's still a 4th quarter comeback.

NCJetsfan and cval like this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

“You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” – Jodi Picoult

stinkyB likes this.
  5. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

This is an easy one. Jets fans are so damaged from years of being kicked in the balls that they have "better than what we have" syndrome. It doesn't matter if whoever they're pointing to is good, it just matters that they are "better than what we have".

Jacksonville's 14th string offensive lineman gets cut? We need offensive line help? What do you say we take a fire at him! Arizona's 39-year-old wide receiver gets cut in training camp? We need receivers? Let's kick the tires!

"He's better than what we have"!!!!

Jets fans need to aim higher.

6. The_Darksider

But but but....the line didn't give him time!!!!!!!!

Please.

7. The_Darksider

I'm not even a hater, I try to be a realist. I lose my mind when people try and blow smoke at me and tell me what I'm seeing is not what I'm seeing. Lol

Ralebird likes this.
  8. The_Darksider

You got your cherry picker primed my friend.

9. The_Darksider

Shouldn't be a problem as long as the Chargers play prevent defense and give him the entire middle of the field.

SackRecord99 likes this.
  10. The_Darksider

What?

stinkyB likes this.
  11. The_Darksider

Clutch? Are you really clutch when you save your best work for when the defenses back off because you have very little chance to succeed and they're willing to give you the short stuff to prevent the big score? Are you really clutch when you make a couple of decent plays in previously aforementioned circumstances to overcome your own ineptness that created the need to be clutch in the first place? Are you really clutch when you're 0-13 throwing the ball on third down, and zero for your last 9+ trips to the red zone?

I am purposely going after you because you seem to have no objectivity about this guy whatsoever. It's almost like people can't refute what you say or you just come up with even more nonsense to try and prove your point.

stinkyB and Jets81 like this.
  12. The_Darksider

Is it really a comeback when you're within striking distance and a lot of it comes from the ineptness of the other team? We can also argue about all the times he has not been clutch. Times when games were there for the taking and he left it out there.

Right now, Zach Wilson is nothing more than a far below average quarterback that is improving incrementally as he goes, but has benefited greatly from a very good defense, exceptional special teams, and fortuitous circumstances.

Spade, meet spade.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he cheered on Gipson’s game winning punt return

14. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

On the completion to Lazard they had to hurry up and snap the ball with only one second left. Wilson had a much better option: a wide open receiver just inside the sideline. Would have been a TD. Wilson was facing that way but either he didn't see him or was looking at Lazard the whole time. You can see the receiver with three steps past the defender at 2:30.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Guy, you aren't realistic. You are a full-blown pessimist. You're so negative you can't appreciate any positive. You dismiss anything positive as smoke and BS, yet make ridiculous, negative statement and claim that they are reality. Enjoy miserable.

16. The_Darksider

On the contrary, I only dismiss rainbows and puppy dog tails and delusions of grandeur about things that are somewhat positive, but regarded as heroic.

Enjoy delusional.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's unrealistic imo. Zach ws running for his life and saw that Lazard was open. He didn't have time to look around for anyone else. They were looking to get a completion, get down, spike the ball and kick the FG. The other receiver was behind the defender, but if Zach hadn't made a perfect throw, the receiver could have dropped the ball, could have had to slow down to catch the ball and defender tackle him, or he could have overthrown the receiver. That was a lot harder throw even if Zach had time to find him.

18. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Remember the defense is playing the sidelines in this scenario. Any QB will find open receivers over the middle in a hurry up with 30 seconds.

This wasn’t anything magical by Zach other than he took what the offense gave him.

REMINDER: It took him THIS longer after throwing check downs on 4th and distance plays multiple times this year.

19. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Zach is throwing the ball with more confidence. But it’s still a long way to go.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  20. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

He also led them to a 16-13 lead after being down 13-7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.