Jets Raising Season Ticket Prices 10%, Deadline to Renew is 11/15 As Opposed to Spring

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetophile, Oct 26, 2023.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hahahaha. Oh, the pain, but that is some funny shit.

2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Ouch

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It'll be even more painful when they can change the title to "Aaron Rodgers Jets Career Highlights"

4. jetophile

Well, helllooo there! I remember your thread. . . let's see now, what was it called? Hmm . . . Oh, right . . . !

PSL Default Repercussions

So, did you suffer any? Not! I should bump it, haha.

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Bump it, Colombo! You're really onto something haha

6. Phins_4_Ever

Phins_4_Ever Member

Dolphins. For years now. One of the reasons is people take the monthly pmts and the purchase has to be completed by August. 10 pmts from November until July.

Oh and for increase: mine went up by 9% but the majority of seasonticket holders got slapped with a 20-30% increase - without any warning.

Brook! and BrowningNagle like this.
  7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

You have to hand it to the Jets management for having the stones to raise ticket prices while putting the product on the field that they're putting out there.

Brook! likes this.
  8. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Jets are going to charge whatever the fanbase will pay. Several reasons for the early November date:

1) if team goes into a dive in Nov and Dec (which they have been known to do many a time), demand will fall big time
    2) with this inflation, $1 today is worth a lot more than $1 will be worth in six months
    3) they want fans to buy tickets as holiday gifts

Ultimately, the blame rests on the customer for allowing themselves to be fleeced by an organization whose only priority is to generate as much income as possible for the league. Depending on how things go, chances are more likely you end up getting stuck with tickets you can't sell for half their sale price, than having tickets which will be worth twice as much as what you paid.

Either way, buying tickets for an event a year in advance during economic uncertainty is not the wisest investment.

Jonathan_Vilma and Brook! like this.
  9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I ain't paying to see the Jets anytime soon

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

How much are season tickets now in the upper deck? $140/ticket?

I just went on Ticketmaster and found 50 yard line MNF tickets for the Chargers game for $80 before tax and fees. That’s why I try to urge all you guys frustrated with the Jets and the price of season tickets to just buy them ala carte.

abyzmul likes this.
  11. jetophile

Oh, I've been cherry picking games after giving them up in 2018, alright, generally with good success, but here's the thing. I was in Section 339 in Row 10 on the 50 and those seats were $115, a couple of times they went down to $95, and others years I was at $125 per. Since the Rodgers signing, I started looking at the 10/29 game to surprise my nephew. Those seats were going for $260 and not even in my old section. We're talking absolute Shitzville with bad sight lines, Row 29 near the 5, that kind of crap. And this was EVERYWHERE I looked. I don't mind paying $260 for great seats, but they can kiss my ass for WHERE they were charging that.

The flipside to that is the horror of the parking pass. I went to the Miami game last year and got super lucky with the latter, I'm not even sure how that happened, because before and after I bought that pass, it was as much as the fuggin' ticket: $120 with taxes and fees. A Jets rep who calls me consistently two or three times a season trying to get me to buy into 1) Season Tickets (no way, never again) and/or 2) 4 game packages occasionally comes up with something half way decent that I always decline because why? THE PARKING. You're on your own with that. It's a problem.

That being said, things have dropped roughly $200 per seat since then on NFL Ticket Exchange, LMAO, and then there's always this:

Join the 2024 Season Ticket Priority List
    Experience the action and energy of Jets Football at MetLife Stadium. Place a deposit to lock in preferred pricing, best seat locations and most exclusive benefits.

I am in a chat with a Jets rep currently because a lot of the pricing information is not being divulged at the moment. Is it my browser? Coincidence? Anyway, they won't tell me anything unless I have someone call me. Here's part of the transcript, and it didn't matter how much I pressed for pricing:

"For 2024 we are currently running a deposit program, whereby placing a deposit you will get first crack at our 2024 inventory. Once we start converting the deposits we will go over some seating options and pricing breakdowns that work best for you."
    12:22 PM
    "OK, that's a waste of my time much as I said."
    12:22 PM

They stopped responding. It totally wasn't a bot, there was far more before that with specificity.

12. jetophile

Theoretically Miami is in the playoff hunt, so of course they are pre-emptively price gouging. Scumbags are gonna scumbag the world over, so no surprises there. Back in the day Miami couldn't even sell out a game and most of the people in the stands in lean years were transplanted Jets fans, haha.

13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I know this probably won't happen but what if the Jets find themselves in a position to not only make the playoffs but actually have a playoff game at home. Fans will have to pay for playoff tickets the same time they are paying for the 2024 season. Nice job WJ.

14. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

How many times have we seen posted on here that they should sign a player for big money? Huff has played well. Cook not so much. Fans called for signing the latter and want to give a big contract to the former after a few games of good play. We never have to answer for wrong opinions.