The schedule the rest of the way

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cval, Oct 22, 2023.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I am just in an optimistic mood today.

Brook! likes this.
  2. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

if we play to our best we can stay with anyone....anything less and we can lose to anyone...it's a bad beat

Jets79 likes this.
  3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Jets D is creating turnovers b/c they are putting massive pressure on the opposing team's O. It's not just luck, but I agree that the Jets offense has to play better to make the playoffs.

4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

NYJ are +5 TO differential thru 6 games. The league leaders over the last 4 years:

2022: +13
    2021: +14
    2020: +11
    2019: +21 New England and they won superbowl

If the jets average +1 over the next 11 games that'll put them at +16 for the season which is unrealistic although possible.

As you say, without a decent offense even averaging +1 a game will not provide enough given how we were +4 against Philly and won by 1 score.

If we had a decent offense and a +16, we will be superbowl contenders.

#24 IDFjet, Oct 23, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Enjoy it!:D

cval likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The defense creating so many turnovers is not sustainable. The offense needs to move the football better

I thought last year it was remarkably unlucky how good the Jets defense was with a lack of turnovers. Now suddenly they are creating 3 or 4 a game. Makes no sense

7. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

There is also a chance the offense (particularly Zach) can execute better in the redzone and score more TD's. Next 3 weeks Zach needs to make some stats. One can dream!

#27 PulseJet, Oct 23, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  8. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I think there's some evidence that turnovers are a lot more random than is commonly thought. Even the best defenses don't consistently cause the most turnovers year over year. We're basically just seeing mean reversion this year. Our defense created less turnovers than would be expected last year and more than would be expected this year.

BacktoQueens and HomeoftheJets like this.
  9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Pretty much same as last season.

10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We are getting to the QB a lot more which is causing poor throws and Int. Our int numbers are low as we have dropped several and a couple of bad calls. Fumbles maybe a little bit more on the luck side our picks are not lucky.

11. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

He was out for the year last season.

12. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Surprise of the year, Rodgers comes back for 12/17 game in Miami, Jets win last 3 then beat up on AFC in playoffs.

It's looking like either Miami or Buffalo will make playoffs, not both.Trading Hardman may come back to bite them but other than Kelce none of the Chiefs receivers are worth a damn.

13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

That Rice kid looked ok to me. You don't like him?

14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

rice looks like the best of the bunch but it aint saying much when your top 4 are moore, hardman, toney, and rice.
    that offense runs through kelce

IDFjet likes this.
  15. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Alot harder to accomplish than most people think - Zach is still learning and while he has shown improvement, as the playing field shrinks and your play calls are numbered, moving the ball through the red zone into the end zone is one of the hardest things to grasp for a young QB…..even more so with a shaky OL. He has shown the ability to stay away from turnovers and guide somewhat steady drives into scoring range - steady improvement. Now turning those FGs into TDs - even a 50% markup - is more improvement.

NCJetsfan, Brook!, NY Jets68 and 3 others like this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think they need to open it a little more in the redzone. It feels that once they get their they are content with the "okay we are guaranteed at least 3 points here lets not fuck it up now" mentality. That probably comes with no trusting zach and then obviously having a defensive minded HC.

Brook!, NY Jets68, REVISion and 2 others like this.
  17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Oh definitely . That’s plain as day. In a way I can’t blame Saleh being in his predicament. On one hand the Jets need to find a way to take the leash off Zach so he can grow. On the other hand just about every game has been dictated by a good tough defense so simply staying with the “let the defense win the game and don’t let the offense blow it” mantra has served him well to this point. Saleh is in his third year and realizes he needs to start putting Ws in the standings.

I think we may see Zach taking more downfield shots as this schedule lightens up…but not overly so as I don’t see Saleh swaying too far from his current winning formula. In a way he’s between a rock and a hard place and the OL is still too shaky for his liking …

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t get why we don’t see them run zone read plays. They can just tell him what to do without really reading it so there aren’t any fumbled exchanges. I have to guess we’d catch a team with a crashing defensive end more than once and lots of green for the QB with Hall back there.

dawinner127 likes this.
  19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Apparently he’s a rookie 2nd rd choice. Of course Mahomes helps but he’s looked productive already. Agreed Kielce is the man

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Something about all the shit going on with Travis Kelce makes me think that guy will retire after this season.