Simply pathetic officiating

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Oct 1, 2023.

1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I have a little good news. Earlier this evening, after the game, it was not reported in the media, but Jermaine Johnson had gone missing and Jets staff could not find him anywhere. The coaching staff was starting to become concerned. Just now, the NJ State Police has announced that they have located him and he is safe. He's currently on the Kansas City Chiefs team plane flying back to Missouri; Johnson is in the seat next to KC left tackle Donovan Smith and apparently is still being held. The police spokesman said that once Smith gets home and falls asleep, they are hopeful they can get Johnson to the airport and back on a plane headed for Newark. George Stewart, the NFL's Vice President of Officiating, declined comment.

#81 Unhappyjetsfan, Oct 2, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
  2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Brutal

Just awful missed call on the holding on 3rd and 22 with the Chiefs oline and that bogus holding call on Sauce way late after the INT.

Ruined a completely good game

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Both work for the NFL. Both deleted immediately after posted.

When 30 other teams are backing THE JETS!!!! You know it was awful. What a bummer. NFL didn't want to upset the swiftie cult and lose out on the gravy train. 2 minutes after the game NFL instagram was swapped to this [​IMG]
    And then their Twitter/X banner was this
    [​IMG]

Give me a fucking break.

5. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

6. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

tired of saying it...so usually don't... But it's blatant

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The funny part is they could not stop our rush without holding. Mahomes then holds onto the ball forever and we get called for holding or illegal contact downfield. It was an absolute clown show. The illegal man downfield was an iffy call as well.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The League noticed how much swag and ticket sales went up with the Swift/Kelce romance and figure they'll milk the cash cow as long as they can. KC got gifted a win last nite but now the officiating has the spotlight on them and I hope more players step up and tell the truth about this bullshit.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

A few weeks ago I posted that the NFL uses the refs to manipulate outcomes and people were skeptical to say the least. How about now? This was naked ref interference, without any real attempt to hide it. It should be clear now to everyone that the NFL has favorite teams and teams they use as fall guys, and the Jets are perennial fall guys. A big part of that is the NFL dubbed the Giants as THE NY team, and will never let the Jets supplant them.

So what can the Jets do? Take a page from the old Raider playbook and become the "bad guys", the "outlaws", and bond together, them against the NFL. They've got nothing to lose.

TheAustrian likes this.
  10. Cman68

IF the Owner had a pair of balls, this would work. Woody Johnson is softer than a month old banana and will not allow anything to rock the boat. Might be the first time a Woody and a pussy can't be distinguished.

11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Are you saying we would have won the game, with Zach Wilson as QB, if not for the officiating?

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I can see why they through the penalty flag. It’s not as egregious as I thought last night. Sauce is a very handsy corner and gets away with a lot.

But the NFL needs some perspective sometimes. Did the supposed penalty affect the play? Mahomes threw it into triple coverage with the receiver running the wrong way.

The NFL also needs to do away with some of these automatic first down penalties. A five yard holding penalty should not induce an automatic first down on 3rd and 20. Same thing when there’s an incidental face mask - 15 yards? Cmon now.

#92 Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 2, 2023
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I don't want our fanbase to look like a bunch of crybabies but when refs are directly affecting the outcome of games there should be consequences. That will never happen because it's an admission of guilt, complicity, and partiality by the league.

I would hazard that it's unspoken so how can anyone really held accountable for anything. That, and those shithead owners with a greater stake meaning more to lose in the larger picture would never "allow" an investigation of that magnitude unless the Feds got involved. Truth, justice, and the American Way!

The other element here is, let's say if Congress did get involved over some bombshell (that would never happen, don't let the farce of Deflategate fool ya), so many people would be upset over the waste of taxpayer money on a game, a game that doesn't affect them when our infrastructure, for example, is falling apart. I have to admit on the one hand I do agree that that money would be better spent elsewhere.

The only thing people could on a personal level would be to abandon the product en masse. That would never happen. Looks like were stuck with legal rigging.

14. Cman68

Should have went for it on 4th and 1 but Saleh bitched up trying to get the Swifties to jump offsides. Took all the momentum from the offense and you could feel the stadium just deflate. No one should put the blame on this loss on Zach Wilson. His HC and OC sabotaged him at a critical juncture and the Refs were all in on Swiftymania.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

You're right that it wasn't that bad when rewatching it, but they have to be consistent. For 54 minutes of the game that wasn't a penalty, now all of a sudden it was to bail out Mahomes? Just be consistent. Set the tone early in the game and keep it throughout, that's my biggest issue with it b/c it probably was a hold.

The JJ noncall was a disgusting no call. Should have been offsetting penalties with Mosleys holding and redo the 3rd and 23. There is no excusing that one.

16. bicketybam

I couldn't agree more strongly. Make defensive holding a 10 yard penalty and get rid of the automatic first down. So for most downs and distances it's going to be a first down anyway but it won't for a down and distance that is beyond 10 yards.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Yep, part of this lays at Woody's feet. As stated last night, given the officiating shenanigans we've seen for the past few years, it has been long past time that Woody, the brain trust, etc., call it out and put the league's feet to the fire. Jerry Jones wouldn't hesitate to do it and pay the fines - because it's money well invested when a game or two is the difference between the playoffs, a home playoff date, etc.

I would love someone like Baldinger run through the tape on every play from scrimmage that Jermaine Johnson and Bryce Huff were on the field. The officials' shenanigans started with that first personal foul on Johnson - which came after three shots to the back after the play was over. Later in the game, Pacheco retaliates for far less, and all of a sudden, the officials can't find the handles on their flags. That said, Johnson and Huff were getting tackled more often than not, right in front of the officials, and nothing was getting called. As I said in the game thread last night, if I am the Chief's O-Line and I'm only going to get one holding call for every ten times I do it. I'm going to hold all night until the officials put a stop to it.

18. bicketybam

Does anyone know if Kelce took his giraffe with him when he left the stadium?

Lon Chaney likes this.
  19. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Totally agree, reffing was awful. I thought the worst call was when were driving and we had a big play that was called back for an O lineman downfield. The guy was at most 2 yards downfield when the ball was thrown.

Of course the backbreaker was a dubious holding on Sauce on what should have been an INT. Sauce gets called for a quick grab.

Add the non-holding call on the 3 & 22. Johnson is held for 5 seconds and no call. Just pathetic reffing on big plays.

I give the guys credit for not quitting after the big first quarter hole.

Zach was solid to good, but man, that fumble was god awful.

Well, Zach buys himself another week. Let's see if he can actually put together two straight solid games. Zach is maturing, he stepped up post game and took responsibility for the loss.

What can you say, it is the Jets and either we find a way to lose or the refs find a way to steal the game for us. Same old, same old for over 50 straight years.

#99 Jeff M, Oct 2, 2023
  20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Look at the NFL Twitter and IG accounts and that'll tell you all you need to know. Header and bios are about Taylor Swift. A football business has an entity that has zero to do with football in their header and bio.

HomeoftheJets, bicketybam and cval like this.