Don't Blame Zach !

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Sep 24, 2023.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Woody and his brother HAVE exerted pressure in the past and they are susceptible to fan pressure, good or bad.

But I can't believe JD and Saleh took Zach if they didn't believe in him. They just totally screwed up by focusing on micro-skills and ignoring the Big Picture.

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Chris Simms missed on Zach, too...that was what led me to think maybe I was wrong, Simms was SO insistent that ZW was legit and might even be better than TL.

Jojo likes this.
  3. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

He never faced serious opposition in college. I couldn't believe we picked him over fields. I think a lot of people thought he was going to be another Josh Allen.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Two years ago Simms was a well-respected analyst who some people were even talking about as a future GM. Now, on the basis of a stupid attachment to one player, he's permanently ruined his chances of getting any front office job, and the rest of his career will be spent trying to stay relevant amid a bunch of other C-list talking heads. All he had to do was admit he was wrong and then stop talking about Zach, and he'd have been fine because even the best analysts miss sometimes. But he was too dumb/arrogant to do it. Good riddance to him.

Woodhead, stinkyB, Nyjets4eva and 3 others like this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

Fields is a bust too, just a Darnold-style bust who will stick around as a backup as opposed to Zach who will be out of the league in two years.

6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

It's ok to blame a guy like Zach who threw for a whopping 77 yards last year in a game and then refused to say his offense let the defense down. Smug little brat.

eddie sec 126, Woodhead and jets4848 like this.
  7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Yeah, where is the great Simms?
    He had Z. Wilson rated rated ahead of T. Lawrence.
    Great prediction Simms!

8. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

When you have a coach like Robert Saleh who praises you for playing bad and can't tell you you suck, you yourself start believing the hype and think you are the greatest qb in the league, Zach is the only one stupid enough on this team to believe Saleh's bullshit, the rest of the team knows zack sucks. Saleh would make a great pee wee football coach coaching kids who have no future in football but want to play a sport and want to compete, but he makes a bad nfl coach, you can't coddle nfl players and lie to them about their abilitys just to not "hurt their feelings'. That's what you do with little kids not grown man.

TheAustrian and tomdeb like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

I know he screwed this one up, but he's been right before too: he was higher on Mahomes in 2017 than anyone else. And I don't think there's a single analyst who hasn't been very wrong at least one. Look at John Lynch: he's one of the best GMs in football and he fucked up royally with the Trey Lance pick. But the difference is he realized he fucked up and cut his losses. Simms hasn't done that: he keeps defending Zach even now when it's beyond parody.

REVISion likes this.
  10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I really believe the jets players deep down resent Douglas and Saleh for starting Zach Wilson as QB now for two years plus. The rest of the players work their butts off, only to watch Zach give the team no chance.
    I don't know what I am more sicker of--Watching Zach Wilson ruin season after season for the jets, or Robert Saleh's press conferences where he praises how much Zach has improved after every pathetic Z. Wilson effort.

11. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

I think Zach is a crutch the whole team can point to to deflect blame. Jets were 5-3 with ZW last year and 2-7 without him. Not saying he’s any good, but QB isn’t the only problem.

12. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

well he may not be the ONLY problem but he’s far and away the BIGGEST problem

Our D gave up 13 fucking points…the other team had backup corners…our offense put up 10 and gave back 2 for a whopping 8 points.

That ain’t winning football games at ANY level

Our QB can’t string drives together, he doesn’t see receivers, he doesn’t feel pressure and move out of it well enough, and he can’t go through progressions.

An average QB wins this game today.

Period

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Maybe they need to be turned the other way.

Centiment likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

Of all the Zach stats, this one may be my favorite. He's had the same number of touchdown passes thrown with his right hand this season as Tua Tagovailoa had against the Broncos yesterday. Tua is not right handed.

15. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

That dude is a bigger Hack than Hackett

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

funny thing is, he’s in a “similar” system, Aka the Shanahan offense.

both have looked dreadful trying to run it because they are doing a variation that really isn’t the “true” offense. Meanwhile you have Kyle running it with the “least” talented QB of the 3 in Purdy. But guess what? They use a ton more misdirection, they give Purdy easier throws, they have the personnel and the guy to exploit it. Meanwhile both the Bears and Jets are using lackluster options to help their QB. In the Jets case, they should be utilizing as much speed as possible. Not the veteran approach.

Also they seem to not use their QB’s athleticism nearly as much, it’s just a straight drop back type system. Why not have quick rollouts to one side? I just saw the Steelers have Pickett rollout and gave him a simple two read to get the ball out quick. There’s none of that going on. You’re expecting Zach to process info when the coaches are making it super tough for him. Let’s run run and pass on 3rd down, it’s too predictable.

ColoradoContrails and Nyjets4eva like this.
  17. jackie1013

jackie1013 Member

Zack Wilson is like a lingering cold. You start to feel a little bit better, then it moves into your chest and you feel sicker than before. Zack takes a baby step forward, the 2 steps back. If we fans keep supporting this trash, nothing will ever change. Send Woody a message, we’re done!

tomdeb and TheAustrian like this.
  18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Saleh is the biggest problem. Always has been. He's not HC material. What went on last year in the locker room was a disgrace and he's doing the same thing again. He's a very nice guy and it's hard to watch his press confrences every week. I feel bad for him, but the concept of a HC who is a CEO and doesn't really coach the coach's or the players is bat dodo crazy.

19. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Purdy understands and has feel of how to play qb, is more accurate and sees the field better, particularly under pressure.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  20. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Zach fooled some people on his pro day . He got paid. Experiment over. Bench him. Football is a cut throat business. Forgot about his ego. Do the right thing

TheAustrian likes this.