Once Again, the Problem Is That There Are So Many Problems

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by REVISion, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

We need to throw a few % points in there somewhere for not having Wentz already on hand and at least partially up to speed by now so he could have gone in for a series or two.

papapump and HomeoftheJets like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm putting that into Douglas's 25%.

Nyjets4eva, Ralebird and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  3. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

Look at all the draft picks we’ve had. Name one player who has improved from his rookie season under this coaching staff? You can’t. They aren’t worth ANYTHING.

Nyjets4eva and TheAustrian like this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No. It's called "bullshit," a term that has been perfectly fitting since people had bulls and gas and lights were science fiction. You just got suckered into thinking it was trendy by an "influencer."

5. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

It’s crazy that this organization can do this to us again. I mean last year we didn’t know the talent we had with those rookies until a few games in. But we still hand ZW the ball and we failed miserably down the stretch and he still looked like shit most of the year. We then had two guys win ROTY and our plan with Rodgers was fine. But to not get a capable backup and now have to revert back to this garbage player is something I won’t forgive JD for. Now I’m reading that Ryan and Wentz reached out after first game. We told them to fuck off? The team with the worst QB room had the balls to say No? Fuck this team and ownership

SOJAZ, REVISion, Ralebird and 2 others like this.
  6. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

It's an absolute clusterfuck - a perfect storm of incompetence.

You've got Joe Douglas who basically went all in on one plan, putting a near 40 year old QB behind an o-line that he has absolutely failed to build in the last 4 years. No plan B, drafted a guy in the first round that we absolutely did not need, no credible back up quarterback, signing all of Rodgers mates - meanwhile Josh f*kn Dobbs is out there signed off the street by Arizona and slinging it, beating the Cowboys that absolutely caned us last week. Minshew keeping the Colts season alive two weeks in a row. Honestly, Douglas is the main culprit in all of this, he gets far too much leeway he really does.

I like Robert Salah but he's going to fail because he's made two horrendous OC staff hires, one was his mate and the other was Rodgers mate. He will look back and regret it it - how on earth he let the team go into that game last night with a game plan from the 1980s is beyond me. I bet Andy Reid and the Chiefs are shitting bricks about next week. We have Ruckert playing one snap, Hardman 2 snaps, Cobb about as agile as my nan playing ahead of Gipson and Brownlee - come on. I do believe the comment from Salah about Wilson being our best chance of winning is a dig at Douglas - in other words Tim Boyle is even worse. Again - that's on Douglas.

Forget the talk of tanking - Quinnen, GW, Sauce, Breece, Mosely, these guys have no interest in tanking. But baring some sort of minor miracle, we will be cleaning house at the end of season.

Brook!, SOJAZ, ouchy and 4 others like this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

There are so many problems b/c the most important position in all of sports is an absolute moron and incompetent. The OL was fine yesterday. This kid just can't read a defense and holds the ball for 4 seconds at a time. He's late on every single throw. He never takes the checkdown b/c by the time he gets to it there is a LB barreling down on the back. Holy fuck. This is legit unwatchable.

SOJAZ, HomeoftheJets, Acad23 and 2 others like this.
  8. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson is the worst Qb (slowest processing speed ever) the Jets have put on the field in a long time and that says a lot.

The Jets have attempted to throttle down the offense to mask his inefficiencies. I would have been very happy to have traded Wilson and kept Mike White to backup Rodgers.

Wilson - 179 yards/game
    Darnold - 200 yards/game
    White - 245 yards/game

Jets79 and SOJAZ like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We’re in a really bad position moving forward too. It’s a very QB rich draft but the line is dog shit and Rodgers is probably going to come back at 41 off a ruptured achilles. The whole line are free agents too.

REVISion and Acad23 like this.
  10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

As it looks now, gotta take a swing at a QB in the 1st. OL is a concern but you need to prioritize a franchise QB over all else.
    Right now, they have two good lock starters in AVT and Tippman (who can play OG very competently it turns out). McGovern can probably play C again - although uninspiring not a train wreck (save for the Dallas game). Maybe they do resign Becton to play LT and then RT could be a vet, their 3rd round pick or Max Mitchell. Boom OLine lol

Jets79, REVISion and BrowningNagle like this.
  11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

They have to take a QB and just figure out the OL thing as we go. They cannot go into 2025 without having a guy sitting for a year.

REVISion and JetFanInPA like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I would think so too. This year is going to be one of the last years that are particularly unique for the draft as it’s basically the last round of everyone getting a free extra year of eligibility with the Covid year. Recruits in 2022 and beyond don’t get that.

So we have a huge class of quarterbacks that have all been around college football (and a lot of them with a ton of playing time) for 4+ years. This never happens. It’s a great time to get a first round QB.

Forget Caleb & Maye for a second. Michael Penix, Ewers, Bo Nix, Michael Pratt, etc. are all 3+ year starters.

13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

O-line in general is garbage. They at least looked decent for one whole half yesterday.

Wilson played scared. He has no faith in the o-line and won't give plays enough time to develop because he knows there's a good chance to get sacked.

Play calling was uninspiring.

Woody Johnson still sucks.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Spencer Rattler, I'm tellin ya

obviously Caleb Williams is the prize but I doubt we finish with the worst record in the league. Maybe I guess but probably not. Then if Rodgers really wants to come back off his wheelchair to play with this team he can, Rattler or whoever, could use a year of grooming anyway.

Watch Rattler though, his line is shit, they have literally have converted QBs at Running back and wide receiver and week after week he is hanging in there in the SEC pulling his team with him.

they are saying round 2 or 3 with him but Idk, he could shoot up to the 1st

15. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Chris Simms influences people?

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

In his own mind, maybe - but the conversation was about coaches and other team personnel telling us to believe what they say and not our own lying eyes.

17. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I think if you replace Zach Wilson with a league average QB, most of the problems listed go away.

1. The run-run-pass felt annoying. I don't know how often they actually did that. Felt like a lot. Zach audibling into a worse play to start the game didn't help. Having said that, there were guys running open all game long, and Zach couldn't hit them. An average QB doesn't have that problem.

2. I'm not going to address the "prepare the team to play" thing. Its one of my least favorite sports sayings. The defense gave up 12 points. Seems like the defense went into the game prepared. Maybe the offense would look more prepared if the QB could complete some passes.

3. OL was fine. I actually think if the Jets had a QB that could recognize whats going on got rid of the ball quicker, the OL would have actually looked good. Its not easy to block when you know the defense is blitzing because the QB is useless.

4. Can't really speak to this. Clearly they value offense a bit, they went and got Rodgers. I agree that they should invest a bit more into the offensive side of the ball.

5. Agreed, I thought WR was the way to go in the draft even before Davis retired. I can see why they went with MacDonald, but I disagreed with the move.

Jets79, Jeff M, papapump and 2 others like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he only has to influence one person - Woody Johnson

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Gosh darn it.

Fooled again...

20. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Jets Offense has had 23 possessions this season (actually 25 but ended each half against bills with less than 20s on clock after D allowed Buff to score to effectively end each half-- that's a diff story).
    So, on those 23 possesions, the Offense has scored 36 total pts (6 pts on PR does not get attributed to Jets Offense). That's 1.5 pts per possession. I couldn't find league- wide stats easily but I am guessing it is worst in the league-- or maybe 2nd worst after Chicago.
    Jets do average the fewest PPG by offense at this point in the season (12 PPG) at #32 in the NFL.
    Again-- Cardinals, Panthers, Colts to name a few have all been competitive and scored more efficiently with backup QBs than the Jets with a 3- year team veteran at QB.
    I'm very critical of the Jets D and do not think it is "elite" but it certainly did its part in holding an NFL team to 13 pts (2 safety was surrendered by the O) yesterday.