What can WE do?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSJETSJETS17, Sep 24, 2023.

1. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

You are correct, but back it up a level: the root cause of the problem is WOODY JOHNSON. Until that changes I'm afraid this is our lot.

REVISion, LAJet and roboz08 like this.
  2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

After today I am confident that Saleh has to be fired after the season. I'm not normally that guy, there has only been a few coaches I genuinely wanted fired. I think I'm there with him. It's just too much shit at this point. Too much.

I started listing all the negatives I see right now, It's just too much at this point for me.

The guy can't make the tough choices. He's too loyal to these underperforming players. Etc... Etc... Etc...

I can see a kid like Jeremy Ruckert absolutely making the most out of his limited snaps, and then being buried on the depth chart anyway. It's wild.

The excuses are... okay, I'm going to stop.

I don't think he's the right HC for this team anymore. Short story.

Hectorfor3, IDFjet, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  3. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Listen we aint beating Kc next week if we start brady, so why not start boyle and see if he can atleast look competent in this offense because we already determined Zach can't

Nyjets4eva and TheAustrian like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings about Saleh. It's not his fault that ever since he's been here, he's been saddled with the worst QB in the league. And with even an average QB, we'd probably be on our way to a second consecutive playoff season, and some of the credit would have to go to him because he's a defensive guy and the defense, while not elite, is well above average. You can find things to criticize about him like you can any non-elite coach, but the only thing he's done that's been egregious is continuing to defend Zach. And we have no idea what goes on between him and Douglas behind closed doors. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already thinking about landing another HC job in a couple years from now like Bowles did and doesn't want to hurt his employability by publicly criticizing a player. Remember he doesn't have a Mike White on the roster this year; his only other option is Boyle who isn't a proper backup. Ultimately, I'd put Saleh in the same category as Bowles and MLF: not good enough to carry the team but not the problem either.

Pepsiguy5 and stinkyB like this.
  5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Saleh has been a JAG for me at head coach... but I'm starting to fall into the get rid of him crowd because the biggest concern, that he is too nice, is starting to show up.

He's not benching players who are not only not performing, but are the worst in the NFL at their position. At that point you make a move. Something tells me Brown would have been back at LT if he was not hurt.

IDFjet, Nyjets4eva and TheAustrian like this.
  6. IIMeanDeanII

No way I buy that.

I think MLF was the one who got stuck with Zach Wilson. I think Robert Saleh was pounding the table for Zach Wilson harder than anyone else at the table.

He refuses to see the big picture of this team. He refuses to put his pride aside and make the difficult choices.

The uncomfortable choices. For the betterment of this team. He constantly makes the same excuses over and over again about this team. The same excuses for why they are not winning.

He Is lackadaisical when It comes to making the big games, the big game. As If It's not big deal we've now lost 15 times In a row to the Patriots. We get to hear about how none of these people were In the building, so who cares? It doesn't bother them. Blah.. blah

That's the problem. He doesn't see the big picture. He may be right when he says that nobody In that building has been there for all 15 of those games. What he fails to realize, Is us fans, have felt every bit of that heartache.

He's a talker. Who talks... With ZERO room to back any of the bullshit up.

He's too nice to actually command a room of men. To lead a group of men.

What's JD and Saleh's record since taking over with this grand plan of theirs?

Proof Is In the pudding.

He's the GD head coach. He's not being stuck with dick, he has the ability to change whatever the fuck he needs to change to make this team a winner.

He refuses to do that. He'd rather watch the same fucking story over and over again, and then try to talk his way out of It all over again.

Enough Is enough.

Point to me where he's living up to what a HC should look like?? Tell me where you see It?

.. because the last I checked he was a grade A loser as a HC. That's not the objective of any good HC. They consistently win more than they lose.

Saleh ain't that.

He just talks a lot.

At least with Rex Ryan and his big mouth, he had shit to show for It.

What are we seriously supposed to look to with, Saleh?

I'll wait.

Brook! and Nyjets4eva like this.
  7. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

like I said before he’s a glorified cheerleader and I’ve never seen him on the sidelines looking like he is making any changes or even being close to a HC. Every time I see his face he is slapping fives with guys or just standing there looking lost. Fire this guy ASAP!

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hate to say I agree with that... but I do.
    I said it in the game thread... this rah rah buddy shit doesn't work at the pro level if you don't have the coaching chops.
    Andy Reid can get away with it... Robert Saleh can't.

Time's running out... whether he realizes or not.

IIMeanDeanII, REVISion and Nyjets4eva like this.
  9. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I’ve got no issues with being a players coach, but you still actually have to coach at some point. This is atrocious to watch week in and out. We actually have chances to win so many games. But don’t have a HC putting in the work or trying, so we keep losing close games that our players are trying hard to win. But our coach staff as a whole isn’t helping at all

IIMeanDeanII, IDFjet and TheAustrian like this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

#30 HomeoftheJets, Sep 25, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
  11. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I think we can all agree that if the Jets had an adequate QB today, they would have won the game. All NFL teams make mistakes. But the better-managed teams realize their mistake and move on. For example the 49ers with Lance. Zack Wilson possesses the physical skills to be an NFL QB but lacks what I would call neurological or motor skills for the position. I am not calling him dumb, but his brain cannot process what is going on around him and therefore how to react. Listening to Romo point out the open receivers Wilson didn't throw the ball to or was late realizing they were open was simply sad to hear. Sure the OL sucks but many of the sacks are caused by Wilson simply holding the ball too long and not getting the ball out to the appropriate spots. His inability to not exercise the proper check-downs when the main receivers are covered was in full display. today It is sad to see someone with all that physical talent but not the neurological or motor skills for the position, This problem is not unique to just Wilson but to many 1st round QBs with the physical talents but not the neurological or motor skills for the position that end up being a bust. You would think the NFL talent evaluators would have come up with some simple testing to measure this to avoid 1st round busts. One could argue you really don't know until they try to learn and run your offense.

I was surprised by one situation in today's game. Christian Gonzalez all by himself blanketed Garett Wilson. Garret Wilson was not open much at all during the game. This now begs the question, is Christian Gonzalez an absolute stud CB or is Garret Wilson overrated? But when you consider he locked down on Miami's Hill last week, I think the answer is he is a stud CB and perhaps a draft steal by the Patriots at 17. The reason I am bringing this up is I think Zack did not know what to do when Garret Wilson was not open. Assuming he was the #1 option on most plays, this indicates again that Zack does not have the neurological or motor skills necessary to go to additional reads. but in all fairness to Zack, the other receivers were not always open even though the Pats were down two CBs. This points to another issue after Garret Wilson the receiving corps is not so good for the Jets.

This was an ugly game with two teams that are not going to the playoffs. Pats fans have nothing to brag about, we only won this game because we were playing the Jets. The near future for both teams is bleak and hopefully, both teams in the future will be more competitive making the Jets-Pats game something to actually want to watch.

12. IIMeanDeanII

I'm not going to respond to all that, most of It you missed my point, then there Is the deflection aspect. Along with the hypotheticals.

Reality and facts.. I prefer those Instead.

Fact.

Robert Saleh and JD are 12-25. That's awful In every way imaginable. Only, It's not getting better. It's getting worse. I watched several other games today, every game I watched, I would ask myself...

Why doesn't our offense look anywhere near a functional and professional offense like these teams I'm watching?

We have a dog shit offense that looks nothing like a professional offense. At all. It's pathetic and inexcusable. That falls on the HC.
    The Cardinals for FFS. They are supposed to be tanking but get way more out of their QB. People barely know his name. It's a joke.

They are averaging 4 wins a year right now. You think that's acceptable?

You are trying to make all of these definitive hypotheticals like you have some crystal ball. That's not based on reality. That's just an opinion you have, which, good on ya, but that doesn't make the things you are saying true.

At the end of the day. We weren't supposed to be hiring a DC, we were supposed to be hiring a HC. Someone who would delegate on both sides of the ball.

Unfortunately

He seems In over his head and all I got to do Is look at the wins and loss's. Results. The production (or lack of). This team as a whole for the last three years.

We are seemingly In for a very long season. So..

We can agree to disagree at this point because I'm very secure with my stance on It.

TheAustrian and Nyjets4eva like this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If you signed Wentz two weeks ago the Jets would be no worse than 2 - 1 now.

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It's a running joke between a friend of mine and I that the Jets season is over by Yom Kippur. Does anybody have any idea what today is? Any idea at all? No? Take a wild guess.

15. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

This would also (sadly) have the dual benefits of preventing Wilson from further embarrassment as well as giving at least the illusion of trying to the rest of the team. And that would probably be better for morale than just running poor Zach out there to get beaten down into the mud for like the 6th time in a row.

TheAustrian likes this.
  16. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

2-1 with momentum.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Why are we wasting time blaming Zach for this? Blame the people that created this mess.
    What is the real root cause of the mess we are in? Blame the leadership overall strategy for an absolutely dismal job from the moment AR was going to be a Jet.
    Issue one. Woody forces bad moves. He now has a shit lot of money tied up in two QBs, demands that Zach stay on the roster for development under AR and constrains further expenditures. So with all that in play, issue two, this team took some ill advised risks and did absolutely nothing to protect that position with a solid line and a solid back up QB in case AR was hurt. Both JD an RS either acquiesced to that or worst, are incapable to assess QB talent. I disagree that the CS does not have a big red mark against them as well as JD. Please don't tell me RS is not part of the problem. For one thing Nathaniel game plan strategy went out the window with AR, the game plan sucked, the front line protection sucked, the running game sucked and above all we had zero passing game with Zach making the offense inept. God forbid throwing the ball on first down where he can at least be more effective.
    Did we not know that going into the season? If RS allows himself to follow down this path he will fail his team miserably. He must put his foot down with JD for a better QB solution and re-plan the offense accordingly.
    If not we will destroy the fiber and chemistry of all the real talent on this team.

#37 LAJet, Sep 25, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
    IIMeanDeanII and westiedog1 like this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

I don't believe that Zach Wilson Is a starter In this league but I also agree that It's not on him at this point. Bashing him doesn't do any good, blaming him doesn't do any good and It's just not warranted at this juncture of the season/team.

The leadership of this team Is abysmal. It starts with ownership. I couldn't agree more.

Then It goes straight to JD and RS at this point. Unforgivable mistakes have been made for this team and we the fans are now the ones paying for It. Yet, again. It's ridiculous.

LAJet and REVISion like this.
  19. IIMeanDeanII

Going by his presser, we can only score when the opponents defense gets tired? If they get tired? What Is this nonsense I'm listening to. Yikes.

20. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

The only option the fan has to affect change is to publicly embarrass the owner. Over the years, the only things that have worked are fans attending televised games with bags on their heads, billboards, and airplanes flying messages attacking the owner. These billionaires don't care at all about what everyday schmucks think. The only thing they care about is when their other rich friends and families ask them embarrassing questions like, "I saw the game this week, why were there so many signs attacking you?"

REVISion likes this.