The Jets are simply losers.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Sep 17, 2023.

1. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Hero ball, id take playing like a below average qb at this point, since when is 170 yards 1 td and 3 interceptions acceptable for any starting qb in this league? Once again how do you blame the defense for Zach Wilson sucking so bad? Please answer that question.

tomdeb likes this.
  2. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Again, we all know Zach is shaky. He was supposed to sit for two years. He wasnt supposed to save this season. Everyone has a plan until they get punched.... All I want from him is to be a game manager and not kill drives. I know you dont like the answer, but for the first half, Zachs did exactly that. His play KEPT the Jets in the game. Did you like his TD throw? Pretty nice ball... Did you like his two minute drill at the end of the first half? There were good things to build upon. Unfortunately his last quarter he imploded and we will see what he does against the Pats. Likely he will get lit up but you never know.

The Jets are 1-1. They faced two of the best defenses in the league. They have alot of football left.

Things change in the NFL. Right now the highest paid QB in the league looks lousy. Baker Mayfield is 2-0 and balling out. Lets see how it plays out and stop being chicken littles.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  3. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

he was supposed to sit for 2 years says who? So if he has 2 good plays every game but sucks the rest of the game he is a starting qb in the nfl
    Right? And once again you haven’t explained how the defense is responsible for him sucking.

tomdeb likes this.
  4. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

You're a troll. I'm wasting my time with you and this board.

5. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

I’m a troll your blaming the defense for Zach Wilson sucking and I’m the troll? Zack Wilson’s mom is that you? Your son sucks the sooner you and the jets realize this the sooner we jet
    Fans will be at peace

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I can respect what you and NC post all day ..except when it comes to Zach W

Now you are seeing the light..please stop the denial.

You can ONLY win with Zach if he hands off the ball 30 times a game ...if he must throw just then throw to G Wilson for christ sake

Hackett had bad OC calls and defense blew it too

tomdeb likes this.
  7. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

This was the logical choice, a once in a lifetime opportunity to get a guy like Carr and to give up the ZW grift, Johnson forced the team backwards to get a retired NFL QB that had no chance of making an entire season. None. What an amazing waste of an opportunity. This along with the fact JetBlue paid Nigerian Spam farms to flood social media with "angry ZW fans." This was a business deal plain and simple. They got lucky that the AR situation was filmed by Hard Knocks, otherwise no one would have even cared.
    The effort to get AR was all Johnson cared about and he didn't care how it impacted the success of the team long term. It made 0 sense if you cared about good football.

JetsNation06, barfolomew and Cman68 like this.
  8. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I am just tired of being a jet fan. After 50 years of watching this failed franchise I had a glimmer of hope for this year. I did not by the hype and thought JD made a mistake thinking that AR would be the savior to our losing franchise. The bottom line is that many of the games we won last year were against backups. The jacksonville game last year was much more representative of the jets. Saleh is one these coaches that is articulate says all the right things to the media but really as no knowledge of how to run an offense or make have time schematic changes to their game plan. As for JD how the hell does he go into camp with DB as LT knowing not only is he on the back 9 of his career and has a busted wing. Tomlinson is actually worse this year than last year and that is hard to do. Mcgovern the same shit. And Why the hell do you draft an edge rusher and then don't even suit him up for the game?

I wish I had the strength to stop being a jets fan but I guess this is my penance and am a gluten for punishment.

barfolomew likes this.
  9. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

all i read is people name calling and whinning

Centiment likes this.
  10. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

If we are getting beaten by NE, even if the O-Line is shit, you know that Metlife will tear into Zach and destroy his confidence and thats on JD "who will build this team from the trenches".

11. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Nobody will remember, but I said in the off season that we should roll the dice with Mayfield. Mayfield was my second choice after Carr. Rodgers was looking good until it wasn’t.

Why is injury to a near 40 YO qb a surprise behind a weak offensive line ??? It just happened a bit sooner than even I expected.

everyone here is criticizing the O, but the D sucked yesterday.

imho, playoffs are no longer even in play.

how soon can we start discussing the draft for more phony hopes ????

12. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Everybody knew the season was pretty much done when Rodgers went down. We knew the team wasn't perfect. The problem is that people are using this game as some kind of litmus test. In reality, the Cowboys are a very good team and beating them on their home field is a tall task. They have one of the best, if not THE best offensive lines in the NFL and defense is LOADED.

With that said, it's clear Brown is not ready and the Cowboys picked on him all night. I'm not sure why he's even starting at this point. He was dead last in win rate for all starting OTs so far this week.

I'd rather see Mitchell or Tippman in the starting lineup at this point. I never understood why they were so loyal to Brown starting game 1 with pretty much no training camp or live snaps with the first team offense.

ColoradoContrails and papapump like this.
  13. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Josh Allen had 1 TD and 3 picks last week.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I hear ya but the game wasn't competitive. I thought we'd be to the point now where the Jets go down to Dallas and it looks like a game between 2 playoff teams. Instead it's another "burn the tape and move on" type performance

REVISion likes this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

"But replacing Zach Wilson as QB sure isn't going to fix things. The real truth is that as long as the Johnsons own this team, the Jets will be losers, because teams take on the identity of their owners, and the Johnsons are two of the biggest losers in sports.[/QUOTE]"

So I agree the Johnsons sux..But how do you account for the Jets reaching an AFC Championship game under Rex and Tannenbaum? same owners ..no?

And Teams take on the identity of their Owners? Really? whats the identity of the Krafts and the Hunts ?? The Hunts are not exactly dynasty legends and Rob Kraft "the happy ending guy" would mean the team plays to get massaged? Maybe you make a point if you give the Mara and Rooneys as examples but plenty Teams eg Bucs Atlanta LA dont have that owner "aura"

Saleh is a clueless Half A coach who knows something about Defense but why could a past HC , a defensive guy, Rex R, fully understand the game plan against Dallas should have been run run run to counter that mean pass rush?

The HC hire is more on Joe Douglas ..a poor decision like picking Zach as a #2 pick

tomdeb and papapump like this.
  16. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

How about his other 24 starts were they as bad as Zach Wilson's? Lets call up buffalo and offer them Zach for Josh Allen straight up, if they don't accept it they are fools! Apparently Zach is better than Brady and Peyton to because didn't they have a game where they had 4 interceptions?

#116 jets4848, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    tomdeb likes this.
  17. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

Fun. Am in GA too.

1 - It takes a while to build an OL. And a team. Our roster is infinitely better than it was in 2020. My $.02 is extend Douglas and not Saleh. Give him free reign to make decisions.
    2 - my thoughts on defensive minded QBs -

barfolomew likes this.
  18. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

The coaching staff is delusional as some of the fan base. JD has a record of 20-46 with the team. He blew 2 first round picks, failed to build even an average online, in 4 years and even hired a losing coach. Yet I see people saying extend Douglas and fire Saleh Douglas is a poor talent evaluator, and Sauce fell to us cause the Texans were dumb enough to take the corner from LSU, and Wilson fell in his lap. He should not be extended, he should be sent to the moon with the rest of the staff IF THE TEAM QUITS AND FINISHES WITH 5 OR 6 WINS AGAIN.

19. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Nah give him 10 more offseasons to find us a competent offensive line and a franchise qb I mean if he keeps throwing darts at the dart board hell eventually land 1 bullseye right?

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Did a player from this latest draft even take a snap yesterday?

semperfigreen likes this.