Gutsy performance by Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 11, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

nobody has blinders. the throw was just bad. they aren't playing catch. you have to account for angles and throwing lanes based on where defenders are. zach needed more loft on the ball. he even admitted it himself.

Ralebird and GoldenShowers like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

gave him like a 1% chance. a better throw makes it a 50/50 ball which is what you want in that situation

3. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

mike white with broken ribs is still better than a healthy Zach Wilson, point is having Zach Wilson still on this team after he has clearly shown he doesn’t belong in the nfl is as dumb as getting a 40 year old immobile quarterback and giving him no competent offensive line or capable. Backup. There is absolutely 0 reason why Zach should be the starting qb right now unless 3 other jets QBs got Injured. Having Zach as qb2 was dumb as hell and now it’s coming back to bite the jets in the ass

GoldenShowers likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

zach wasn't bad yesterday. he wasn't necessarily good, but he wasn't bad. numbers look worse because desperation throws late in the game. but the o-line was getting demolished he didn't have a chance and when he did have a chance he was mostly good. one INT when the game was done was his fault for staring down the WR, and he still refuses to dirt a ball on a broken screen on time, but he made some nice throws when he had a chance

5. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

wasn’t bad? What do you consider bad then? This is a repeat of last year, if you make a couple good throws the whole game and suck the rest of the game you’re still a shitty nfl qb.competent nfl QBs play good all 4 quarters

GoldenShowers likes this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I fundamentally disagree that Mike with broken ribs is better. He would been folded in half and Boyle would have played half of this game and the next 4 weeks. Do you really want me to find the stats of the game where he came back and played with broken ribs? He was atrocious. A statue of Mike White is not the answer for a team with no oline. Frankly I am not sure anyone is until we fix the line.

Also, I disagree that having Zach has come back to bite us, at least not yet. We won against Buffalo and no one is winning us this game. Maybe Josh Allen, just because the guy is made of stone, and even that I am not sure as he imploded in the face of pressure against us, and Dallas brought even more. I am nearly 100% sure we lose this game with Rodgers. Certainly with any other back-up as well. Now, if he does his typical NE performance next week, I would agree with you, but that hasn't happened yet. At this point the QB is not the major reason we are not 2:0, so no biting in the ass just yet.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

he has the second worst passer rating in the sport and the most INTs. This is exactly in line with his horrific performance of the two prior years. If he isn’t bad, what QB is?

8. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

notice how you said “we” not Zach Wilson, let us know when “Zach Wilson” leads us to victory on his back which are signs off a good qb and one that will make it in this league for decades, until than if he is not the long term solution to qb why is he wasting a roster spot?

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, if Zach were in the class of Mahomes maybe he could've overcome the game plan and play calling, but shirt of that I don't the majority of QBs in the league being able to do much better. If I didn't know better I'd say Hackett had a bet on Dallas given how he played right into their defense and against the offense that did so well against Buffalo. It was professional malpractice, and Saleh deserves just as much blame for allowing it to happen.

Borat likes this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Because the guy who can lead us to a victory got hurt after 4 plays with this o-Line, and usually back-ups are not that great, especially without any protection and inconsistent to poor running game, no matter who they are. Heck, not many starters will be winning with this joke of an oline.

NY Jets68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting that there isn't enough talent on this team to accurately evaluate Zach Wilson?

12. ColoradoContrails

So it was Wilson's fault that was the main reason they lost? Just replace him with whatever scrub or leftover you can find and everything will be okay? LOL!

Borat likes this.
  13. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

backups are usually competent as mike white demonstrated last year or even josh Johnson the year prior, Zach Wilson isn’t even that, why has every qb looked at least competent with mlf and this offensive line but Zach wilson? Mike white had a 300 yard performance like every game with the same offensive line and same offensive coordinator till he got hurt last year, why didn’t Zach Wilson put at least one good game with the same resources that we’re given to mike white huh? Keep
    Up the Zach excuses though by year 6 you will be all out and we will be chanting “ suck for Archie”

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He’s not the main reason and he was fine in the first half but it’s pretty alarming sometimes seeing what goes on around the league and then what happens with Wilson.

Josh Dobbs outplayed him significantly yesterday. Also, why can’t we get garbage time touchdowns? Not that it matters for the outcome but we can’t even move the ball when the defense concedes yards for time.

Acad23, KY Jets Fan, REVISion and 2 others like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

No, I'm saying that Zach wasn't the main problem yesterday.

But to answer your question, when whatever talent there is is mismanaged as badly as it's been, then properly evaluating Zach isn't possible. And by that I mean when he isn't allowed to attempt more than 4 or 5 passes in a half for example, he can't get into any type of rhythm, or having to play from an empty backfield against a great pass rush, etc.

I've come around to the belief that he is likely not going to be a good starting QB, but IMO he hasn't been developed properly and given consistently good support to really know this for sure. And while I'd be open to them getting someone better, just who is that, and how do they accomplish it at this point?

And I'll also say this. Given how screwed up this team is, I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, and therefore have no real idea of what it would take to fix things.

16. GasedAndConfused

the o-line was getting obliterated. rodgers wouldn't have done any better. he was set up to fail by a bad o-line and bad play calling. we just had awful gameplans on both sides of the ball

Acad23, Borat and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. HackettSuxTNG

He is a two-time defending champion of this stat, and is the only starter in NFL History to have consecutive years with the worst QB rating in back to back years.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

i didn't say he wasn't a bad QB. he is, i'm saying yesterday wasn't his fault. stats without context mean nothing. You can be a bad QB but also have a not bad game at times

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

dobbs was playing a shittier D that can't pressure the QB. he also shit the bed in the 2nd half and let the giants come back from a 24 point deficit

20. HackettSuxTNG

I am not following what you are trying to say here. Can you kindly elaborate?