My (Positive) Jets Outlook

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Bills over Jets, Sep 14, 2023.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The sad reality is that the Bills blew their Superbowl chances when they lost to the Chiefs and could not stop them with 13 seconds left.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't recall hearing that Tippman made bd snaps. Schweitzer is the one who I remember reading and seeing made several bad snaps. Are you sure that you aren't confusing the two? Once Saleh elevated Tippman to the 2s and began gaving him reps with the 1s, my recollection is that he did very well, and that it was only the injury that sidelined him that probably kept him from overtaking McGovern to win the starting C job.

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’m going with the last time he consistently played LT. Last time he did, he got beat consistently in pass pro.

Give him a shot, sure, but if speed rushers keep blowing by him he’s gonna get Zach killed.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@Cman65

Boss. You killed the guy. Lol... The bet was for 3 weeks only. And it was the tag change not handle change. :)

Cman68 likes this.
  5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The last time was this preseason and the first game of the season. That's more than he played 2 preseasons ago. Terrible argument.

6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Lol that’s ok. You can leave it as is for 3 weeks. Maybe the other posters will take it easy on my posts because they’ll think I’m a jets fan lol.

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Ok, it’s a terrible argument. Go celebrate your internet victory or something.

8. bicketybam

You're the one saying his most recent play was training camp 2 years ago, which is absolutely false. I'm not celebrating anything, just stating facts. Sorry if I offended you.

9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I didn’t say his most recent play was training camp 2 years ago. I said the last time he was the starting LT he was getting beat consistently in practice and preseason.

And he was. Badly.

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

To be fair, he said left tackle. Honestly, Becton was barely not a dud last game. You can tell he still is the same in pass protection. Any speed rusher will school him.

11. bicketybam

I thought he played well, especially since he playing out of position. Brown? He playing in position and was absolutely dreadful. Becton is the best LT on the team.

Edit: did Becton take any reps at LT this camp?

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, for most of TC he was the 2nd string LT and if memory serves me correctly, was very good. Colon and he had a miscommunication that led to a sack, but otherwise, Becton was solid and opened up holes in the rushing attack.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Oops... I'll change it back... :)

Brook! likes this.
  14. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Brook, you know I am a realist. I never thought the Jets were going to the Super Bowl this year. I said 10-7 and maybe a playoff win. Now, next year can be different. We still need to improve on our OL. That is my main concern for this team.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Nyjets4eva and Brook! like this.
  15. Brook!

AJW

I hear you. As this team showed against the Bills, we have a complete team minus Offensive Line and QB. If we had Rodgers, some of the OL deficiencies could be hidden. With Zach, we don't have that type of chance.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

OTOH, did you watch Rodgers get hounded and struggle to escape the pass rush, which ultimately he didn't? It's possible that Zach actually has a better chance of playing behind this OL with his youth and mobility.

JetFanInNE and ouchy like this.
  17. Brook!

That is a good point CC. But what I was referring to was Rodgers reading defenses better to arrange pre snap coverages.

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, he's certainly much better at that, but it doesn't do much good when he doesn't have the time, or ability, to avoid the rush. The best outcome we can hope for is that he can return to the sideline and fill his young protege's head with some of that knowledge.

JetFanInNE and ouchy like this.
  19. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

If they allow him a "headset" which I imagine they will I believe communication is cut off at some point so he won't be able to help him make adjustments but maybe they can have some hand signals lol. Grasping at straws here because I believe you are correct in what made me most excited for Rodgers is his ability to change protections/plays at the line to throw off the defense.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

youre wrong about those first two breece runs

on the first long run, the bills are not outflanked at all. poyer comes up and fills the gap like he should. breece sees this, bounces to the outside and is met my floyd in that gap. breece then jukes that man out of his shoes and takes off.

on the second long run, the bills have eight dudes in the box. breece his hit near the line of scrimmage and shakes that off easy. poyer has the angle on him in the secondary but breece is so fast that he eats up the space so quickly that poyer can’t even get a hand on him. he almost falls down trying.

both of those runs were impressive af

ColoradoContrails likes this.