Aaron Rodgers’ Injury - Return Date Watch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jixxjr, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I hope he does because I can't deal with this for a second time around.

mezzavo likes this.
  2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I really commend your positive attitude! How long have you been a Jets fan?

No, for those of us who've been around for a while, if the lightbulb hasn't come on for Wilson then this season is over. The defense cannot play at that level the whole season while spending 65 - 70% of the game on the field. That's one thing I haven't yet heard anyone talk about. Time of possession was a modest 27 minutes. As the season goes on and that number lessens it will catch up to the defense. God forbid we have any significant injuries on the D side of the ball. All of this assumes that the D will remain as it is now which isn't a realistic expectation.

I was just about to finally pull the trigger on NFL Sunday Ticket but now I'm glad I didn't.

3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

What about Jimmy G? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

4. mezzavo

Rodgers hasn't spent all of 2023 rehabbing that repaired tendon either. That's a SIGNIFICANT injury. Guys in their 20's do not come back from that let along guys in their 40's... I do have optimistic bones in my body but I'll believe THAT when I see it.

5. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Yeah I know. Wrote it quickly on the fly. No injury in football is preventable but, to the extent that Rodgers specifically said he didn't like shot block plays because they left in with little time.

Just tone deaf. You're supposed to design plays that benefit your star QB not dial up the ones he expressly said not to.

jetophile likes this.
  6. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Crazy thought trade for Kyler Murray. Offensive scheme doesn't matter because he doesn't learn the playbook or watch film. In a few weeks he'll be ready to run around and improvise again. Cards are in full rebuild mode and would likely be willing to consider.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Unless Rodgers retires, I don't think we can get Murray in under the cap. But if we can, this would be the best option. The Cardinals surely would love to trade him so he doesn't cost them Caleb Williams.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t put much stock into him returning nor was I really advocating it’ll happen, but achilles tears are no longer 12 full month rehab injuries.

Rodgers is an interesting guy whose always went through his career with a chip on his. I’d imagine he retires but would it just absolutely shock you if he doesn’t?

No kids, no wife, doesn’t talk to his family and needs to be surrounded by his football friends where ever he goes.

JetFanInPA and dawinner127 like this.
  9. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Fuck you

Hemi, Jets OG fan and Not Sure like this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Hahaha the second sentence is hilarious but also true.

11. JetFanInNE

Honestly I would rather that. Because at least we’d be in the playoffs

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I would be absolutely shocked if he doesn't return. His ego is way to big to not return and run it back one more time. He just took a $35 million pay cut. He probably more money by retiring now as well.

It was also his left achilles which isn't his plant foot which is a massive plus. QBs aren't running, stopping, and cutting. He's dropping back to pass.

13. JetFanInNE

Minnesota?

14. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

People keep saying we're still a QB away. We're a solid O-line and a decent QB away. If an average NFL QB has time to throw and doesn't make dumb mistakes, he will find open receivers. You don't need a Mahomes to do that.

Brook!, mezzavo, Acad23 and 2 others like this.
  15. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Is there any reason to remain a Jets or even NFL fan at this point? Football is a complete joke. Every year team's futures are decided by random luck with injuries. It's so bad. Now Douglas and Saleh are basically fired at the end of the year over a fluke play...

To win a super bowl you just have to get lucky enough to avoid injuries for long enough. Give me a reason to not just abandon this sport completely.

The injuries to AVT & Hall last year almost made me quit.... then we beat the bills giving false hope. Here we go again. An absolute waste of time and resources, all that hype for NOTHING. Sports are 75% luck.

#135 Jets OG fan, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

If it makes you that upset, it ain’t worth it bro. Once something ceases to be fun, I wouldn’t stop participating personally.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There's always going to be hype; nothing says you need to believe it.

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

No chance these two are fired at the end of the year now. They're getting 2024.

UK_Chilts and Jets OG fan like this.
  19. mezzavo

Ummm...you do know who the owner of the Jets is, yes? I wouldn't have put that out in the "ether" if I were you. Those two can ABSOLUTELY be gone after this year. Trust me, if my worst fears materialize, not only will both be gone but we will also not be in a position to draft one of the top 2 QB's next year. Don't believe me...watch.

20. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Hey, they just beat a really good team with ZW. Will the D and ST play at that high a level every week? Probably not. Do I think ZW is going to have some blowup games? Yep.

If I was going to bet, I'm saying they miss the playoffs again and they're going to trot Boyle or some other to-be signed QB out because ZW isn't NFL QB material. If he had any chance, it would have come after years learning IMO.

But, it's not a certainty and they proved they have a lot to them last night IMO. So my Super Bowl dreams are basically crushed, but this team can still play and keep things interesting each week.

And for me, fortunately 97' I'd say was the first year I started watching