Hard Luck? (Jets Selected for Hard Knocks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Jun 26, 2023.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

After the Jets win the SB this season with Breece Hall scoring the winning TD behind Becton, Becton will be the big story for the Jets, and he will garner a LOT of attention.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He definitely interefered. I don't know how he gets away with that, but I hope that he continues to. If the officials ever start calling that, he's gonna get a lot of penalties. Even though it was preseason, if I was the ref watching that, I would have flagged him.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Was that the last episode? 30 mins, a half episode

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

huh? It was 50 mins. And it was the best of the season

NCJetsfan and KingRoach like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

hm must be my app was F'ed up

there's one more next week too, it wasnt the last one

Rodgers giving that guy shit for bumping him after the play was the best part

dawinner127 likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

One of those moments where if Rodgers wasn’t a Jet I’d be like get a life. But he is a Jet and I fucking loved it.

loved the practice scene too where he was ripping into everyone. They could have easily ended it there and made him look like a piece of shit but they did a great job following through.

NCJetsfan and KingRoach like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I need that t-shirt Brownlee was wearing during ping pong with Gipson.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Don’t poke the bear. I’ve never fucking heard of you

Banger of an episode. Would be awesome if next year Brownlee/Gipson became nice WRs for us-- they both seem like good dudes. I wonder how they are going to do next week since JD was very adamant about now showing player cuts. I also noticed how JD hasn't made any important appearances on Hard Knocks. Jets had a pretty good idea in mind on where to allow cameras to film.

Last thing -- the Sopranos nod while Saleh driving to the stadium was freaking awesome (even though Saleh probably doesn't pass any of those landmarks while driving to the stadium)

9. BroadwayAaron

The Sopranos tribute was one of the best things I’ve ever seen them do in the history of the series. This felt like a classic hard knocks episode… Smart, Gipson, Brownlee, plus access to the biggest stars on the team. There’s really no better example of why NFL Films is the best in this field. Them and 1JD are covering the exact same topic. I haven’t been able to even get through the last two episodes of 1JD, meanwhile I want more Hard Knocks as soon as it ends.

#409 BroadwayAaron, Aug 30, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
    NCJetsfan and KY Jets Fan like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

I think that's a little overstated

Acad23 likes this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

What’s your favorite Hard Knocks moment from throughout the history of the series

12. BrowningNagle

Well I only really watched the 2 Jets seasons and a couple episodes of the Lions one last year, which was actually pretty cool with Dan Campbell & Aaron Glenn. So it is hard to comment on the whole history of the series.

But to answer your question, my favorite moment in that limited group is probably Rex Ryan ripping in to the team during a film session. Bob Saleh driving his car with the Soprano's theme song in the background is quite low on the list, in my opinion.

13. BrowningNagle

Rodgers' high standards and competitive fire is good for lifting the rest of the team. When they shat the bed in that practice session and Rodgers was legitimately pissed off at the mistakes made, that's the kinda thing you pay big money for.

For too long there hasn't been a player with his level of credibility to tell the guys they need to step up. Coaches can only go so far.

Acad23 and dawinner127 like this.
  14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Just finished watching the latest episode. I think that was the best one yet. Rodgers cjuld be the best thing to ever happen to the Jets outside of Joe Namath. Loved the segments of Brownlee, Gipson, Kapp and Smart.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

I thought Aaron Glenn and Dan Campbell were insufferable. The first Hard Knocks season I stopped watching halfway through. And I guess the value of stylistically re-creating the Sopranos open is lost on you.

16. BrowningNagle

It was okay and I was a Sopranos fan. I just didn't see it as one of the greatest things ever in the history of Hard Knocks as you suggested.

horsehead likes this.
  17. bicketybam

I love the Sopranos and I just happen to be rewatching it now. That said, the Saleh/Sopranos scene didn't move the needle much for me, mostly because you couldn't find two characters more unlike each other. The lack of cigar was glaring as well.

Acad23 likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... the Sopranos thing was a little too cute and forced.

bicketybam likes this.
  19. bicketybam

Same. And I'm not just saying that because I'm taking a contrarian position to a poster I dont get along with because I don't get along with the other guy either. It's just my honest opinion.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I thought that Sopranos thing was hokey as hell. I was hooting when Rodgers got in that LB's face after the TD, but the Jets do play the Giants this season and I don't know how smart it is to pick a fight with a guy named Jihad.