Training Camp Thread 2.0

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Jul 19, 2023.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Rosenblatt:
    Zach Wilson was just intercepted. We can’t see very much of what’s happening from our vantage point so no idea what happened. Apparently LB Kamu Grugier-Hill picked him off. That ended practice. #Jets

@NYJets_Media:
    Zach Wilson with back to back misfires Then throws a pick on 3rd down He does not look good today #Jets

Pokrass:
    Bad series from Zach to end practice. Missed two passes low and threw what most likely would have been a pick six. #Jets

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

It's August 9th.

I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Let's spend an hour analyzing those two passes.

Although deep down we all know it's the OC's fault.

4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Surely JT O'Sullivan can give us an in-depth breakdown of these throws that lasts ONLY 15 minutes.

NY Jets68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Staley:
    Aaron Rodgers said the offense did some good things out there and it was good to get out there against a different defense.

He also said they have to figure out who the five offensive line is going to be but they know Duane Brown is going to play.
    [​IMG]

Corey Davis said it was good to come out here today but the offense was “not good enough today.”

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

7. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

KY, thx for taking the time to keep us all up to date on the latest happenings in Jets land.

JetFanInNE, SOJAZ, NY Jets68 and 4 others like this.
  8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Rosenblatt:
    Some #Jets post practice presser notes. Will have full takeaways from practice soon too:

- Aaron Rodgers admitted there was “issues” in the pass blocking but thought the offense had a good day overall. Corey Davis: “We’ve got a lot to clean up.”

- Rodgers said he’s getting too much credit for the Zach Wilson throw to Malik Taylor the other night. Said he was calling for bombs all night.

- Connor McGovern said that the two-minute drill struggles for the Jets offense were “100%” on the offensive line.

- McGovern said the Jets told him when he resigned that they were going to draft another center. Said a part of his job now is helping Joe Tippmann and helping him develop into a good center. “It’s fun sharing the knowledge,” he said.

- Quincy Williams called Bryce Young a great rhythm thrower.
    [​IMG]

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bryce Young is gonna be a good player in this league. Panthers are on the right track with him and Reich

The offensive line is a big concern here

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Becton continues to have a solid camp. It's wasn't that long ago when he was getting abused in these joint practices.

With Brown coming back I'm not sure what the plan is for Becton. He hasn't gotten any reps at RT and Brown has never played that position. I think they should *not* trade Becton (the dead money is huge factor.) It sounds odd saying this given Becton's track record but I don't have much faith in an ancient Brown playing all 17 games. Becton would be a great backup if they are hell bent on handing Brown the starting job.

11. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

It's odd they're not giving Becton any reps at RT (as far as I've read). Meanwhile Max Mitchell and Billy Turner are getting reps on each side. It seems they're set on Duane Brown starting so wouldn't it make sense to try Becton at RT? It's not like Mitchell or Turner are doing so well while Becton actually seems to be. Not sure what the thinking is

KY Jets Fan, NCJetsfan and bicketybam like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he doesnt want to play right tackle. Hurts his knee

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Yeah, you got me. Turner is flat out awful at LT. Mitchell has a ways to go. It will be interesting to see how this whole thing pans out.

I'm not sure the Jets staff cares what Becton wants. I honestly think they have plans for him at LT. If the guy stays healthy (a big if) he's the best LT on the team and most likely the best OL.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

So does Brown play RT? This is gonna be interesting to see when he gets back cause it sounds like he’s starting for sure

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think Cobb will be the return man. He would just fill in in case of emergency. According to what I've read, he really hasn't served as a return man very much in several years. I think there's a distinct chance that Gipson makes the team over Brownlee due to his return ability, speed, and versatility.

Cobb will basically be the go-to WR on 3rd downs. He was VERY efficient and effective for GB last season doing that.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

I read this morning that he evidently was on SF's roster or PS, as he had experience with Saleh, and he was the XFL Defensive Player of the Year this year. He had 7.5 sacks.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

I thought that the joint practice wasn't until tomorrow.

18. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

They have another joint practice with Carolina tomorrow.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They must get the O-line figured out... if only to protect Rodgers from injury.

Joe Douglas gets an F grade so far...

20. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I was at the practice today, mostly watching the offense.
    The good:
    • Izzy A had alot of work and looked very shifty. Seemed to get to the second level frequently.
    • Lazard is a big, strong man. Had a couple of nice catches, 40 yard TD.
    • Becton stacked another decent practice. Keep em coming and hopefully he can be a factor this season.

The bad:
    • No highlight reel plays. Alot of dump offs.
    • Rodgers struggled, couldn't sustain drives.
    • But as mediocre as Rodgers was, he was head and shoulders better than Zach. In 11on11's it was typical Zach. Holding on to the ball too long, scrambling out of his pocket. 3 and out drives. Yes the picks bounced off receiver hands, but its because he arrives late. Kind of disappointed that the media has been pumping him up.