Klecko time this weekend

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Aug 2, 2023.

1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks for posting. I have never ever watched a Hall of Fame Ceremony but this year will be first. Both Klecko and Revis making this event fun for us Jets fans.

papapump likes this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It'll be hard for Klecko to beat Curtis Martin's speech, but I think he has a chance.

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I rarely watch also but I did for Curtis Martin. I'll never understand why there was a faction that shit on the guy because he was a "compiler". I understand the argument, but it's not like he was a POS off the field, which was, oddly enough, part of the issue. He was a good citizen and lived a clean life and it irked people like good character glossed over that he totally sucked or something. The hatred to me was like spitting on your own floor. I guess it would've been better if he was a wife-beater. . . ? o_O

Anyway, gonna watch for Joe, too. This was too long in coming. I became convinced it was never happening. Better late than never, I guess. At least it didn't happen posthumously like Winston Hill.

[​IMG]

5. jetophile

I am oddly mostly apathetic about Darrelle Revis. Well, maybe not oddly at all. I remember that game he had against Dallas at Thanksgiving as a rookie. Of course the Jets blew pineapple chunks, but I really watched watched him specifically and I couldn't believe my eyes: this guy is gonna be outstanding, oh, my goodness. It was actually hard to ignore.

The apathy comes from him being a Cheat. Ruined it for me. It wasn't even close to what happened to Chad Pennington here. While Pennington going to Miami was a thing of horror and disgust, I don't equate them at all, not in the least. The Lord (that's what we used to call Pennington, long story) got tooled by the Jets, so of course the rest wrote itself.

Wins the AFCE, wins Comeback Player of the Year, knocks the Jets out, you can't script it. Talk about having a chip in your shoulder, heh. It kind of doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things that Miami didn't go anywhere in the playoffs, it's still hilarious.

Anyway, Revis, meh. Borderline don't care. (((shrugs))).

#5 jetophile, Aug 3, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2023
    papapump and Brook! like this.
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I understand completely what you’re saying…Pennington was a nice guy I met him once in an airport after he joined the Dolphins. Hard to root against him. With Revis though ….great player but all about the $$$. He won a SB with the Pats and then came back to the Jets washed up …..

7. jetophile

Pennington going to Miami was almost too revolting to bear, and I'm a fan of the laundry ALWAYS, but I blame the Jets. As to Revis, I also blame the Jets. One guy doesn't a team make. The Jets should have ran not walked away from Revis and let somebody else get rolled. I put the blame soley in the lap of the Jets for that, all of it. Revis will probably pull a I'm Carl Lewis, I'm the fastest man in the world type deal at the podium, heap accolades on himself, and then specifically thank his Uncle Sean for his guidance and wisdom, which is basically calling the Jets the historically overpaying jackasses that they were. Santonio Holmes, Team Captain! Jets Tourette's, you know.

mrjet80 likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What time is the ceremony and who is carrying it? ESPN? NFL network?

papapump likes this.
  9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

It starts at 12:00 on Saturday. Both ESPN and the NFLN will be covering it.

papapump and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks! So the game is tonight, but the ceremony is on Saturday? I thought they happened on the same day.

11. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Martin's speech was a heartbreaker. He's my no.1 for good reasons.

Joe is well deserving. Too late, but he's in, so that'll do.

12. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I can't believe its taken this long for Joe to get recognised but better late than never!

13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Joe should have been in the HOF a long time ago. But better late than never. I am glad he is still here so he can enjoy the moment with his family and friends. It would been disappointing/bittersweet if he got in but wasn't here to enjoy it.

NCJetsfan and papapump like this.
  14. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

i'll say it again , Bout fucking time !!!!!

stinkyB, NY Jets68, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  15. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

What a great weekend to be a Jets fan.

16. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

It’s on Saturday at noon. NFL Network & ESPN.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Man, poor Joe almost fell on his face last night. watching the guys from the 70’s- late 90’s try and walk around is sad. They gave their bodies to the shield

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I didnt see it, but my old man said "Man, Klecko can barely walk these days..." .... and that was coming from a 77 year old guy with 2 fake knees and needs a new hip too.....

19. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I missed that but I'm surprised. His son Josh played on the DL with my son around 15 years ago on an unlimited weight team and Joe was one of the coaches. He looked great back then, didn't show any signs of what the NFL did to his body.