Where will the Jets finish in the division (poll)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Jun 8, 2023.

?

Where will the Jets finish in the AFC East?

1. 1st

34 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. 2nd

40 vote(s)
    43.0%
  3. 3rd

17 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. 4th

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with your point about McDermott at all, but Beane has been awful if you read between the lines at everything he has done since taking over in Buffalo. It's a blessing in disguise for us that he got an extension through 2027.

- He hasn't drafted a probowler in 4 years
    - Has never drafted an all pro player
    - Gave Dawson Knox 4/52 :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    - Gave Ed Oliver 4/68 :confused:
    - Traded a 1 for Stefon Diggs who was in turn used for Justin Jefferson. Imagine if they had another $20+ million to spend b/c JJ would be on a rookie deal.. Damn
    - They haven't had a WR2, CB2, run game or pass rush in years
    - The last good draft was 2017 and Beane wasn't even the GM

In all seriousness, outside of drafting Josh Allen, what has he actually done that's been good for the team? Von Miller 24 million next year at age 35. Stefon Diggs 28 million next year at 32. These aren't good moves..

EDIT - Maybe using the word sucks is over the top, but he is not a very good GM.

KingRoach likes this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

3 HC’s? I think he only hired Saleh…Gase was here before JD

If he got the chance to hire another one that’d be his second

Regardless…personally I’m not sure I’m on the “Playoffs or Everyone’s Fired” trip yet. I’d seriously think about HC and less so about JD…I think he’s done more good than bad overall, but let’s see how this season plays out.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

To quote SAS we got a baaaaad man. We good.

Sent from my IPhone 43 using Tapatalk V.86

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

How many rings he got?

Zero.. Cool

Let me know when that changes.

Until then. I'm good with my perspective on It.

You made my point for me. He Is good, but, he's not good enough. Not on his own. Thus far. It's a team game for a reason and that offense outside of the two top names, doesn't really scare me.

We shall see.

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

#105 joe, Jul 11, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
    BrowningNagle likes this.
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

He probably would have had a good shot at one if the Bills defense didn't choke in the 13 seconds game. You are right it is a team game. Allen is a great QB, but he can't do it alone. Like you said outside of Allen and Diggs they don't have any elite players on offense. Their OL last year was ranked 26th in the league. Allen makes them better than they are IMHO, but he won't win a Super Bowl unless the roster around him improves.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  7. dawinner127

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. Which one is it?

Do you want them to have a roster filled with superstars or what?

8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Beane doesn't suck as the roster isn't that bad. They have done a lot of regular season winning but in terms of winning a Super Bowl they do need to improve it. Both the Chiefs and Bengals have exploited their weaknesses. But still they are a good team with a great QB. They are not a great team, however.

9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Wasn't Beame the one who traded up and drafted Josh Allen?

10. dawinner127

Yes. Traded up from 21 to 12 with Cinci. Then 12 to 7 with Tampa. 21, 53, 56, 185 and Cordy Glenn (which was valued at about a 2nd) for Josh Allen, 187th pick, 255th pick is what it worked out to be in the end.

Like I said earlier -- outside of that move, he has been awful.

IIMeanDeanII and bicketybam like this.
  11. bicketybam

But when you get the QB right, you get a ton of leeway.

dawinner127 likes this.
  12. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

As a Dolphins fan...I'm here to tell you that the Bills have become increasingly vulnerable against the run...and I believe this is the year it costs them games. Your team has an admirable rushing attack with or without Hall being ready for Week 1.

The Bills lost their DC (I don't care that some of their fans were happy about that - they're going to miss Frazier), and they let Tremaine Edmunds walk and replaced him with...Travin Howard? Who the hell is gonna fill the 2 gap?

I believe the Bills finish third in the division once the rest of the league realizes, "Holy ****, the Bills can't stop the run."

Cman68, dawinner127, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thank you for adding some sanity in response to that crazy post that doesn't even have correct facts. Joe Douglas is not getting fired anytime soon. I'm certain the idea hasn't even crossed Woody's mind, nor should it have. Only negative, cynical Jets fans would think about firing the GM who has turned the franchise around, gotten it respect around the NFL and in the media, built one of the top Ds in the NFL, and this season could have one of the top 5 offenses in the NFL, all after having to gut the roster and basically start from scratch.

He has done a great job in FA
    He has done a great job in the draft
    He has done a great job with the cap
    He has the FO working together, all on the same page, with a shared vision
    He has the scouts working in the right way, doing the best job they've ever done
    He has assembled a team of high character players, who are good citizens, work hard, and who want to win

There is absolutely no factual, reasonable, or logical reason for anyone to even think about firing JD at this point.

KingRoach likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Every item you list above is subjective; that doesn't make them inconsequential or things that should not be considered but the NFL is scored objectively, that's what matters most.

20-46-0
    Joe Douglas is a football coach in the National Football League (NFL) and has been the general manager for the New York Jets since 2019. During this time period, the Jets compiled a 20-46-0 record.​

abyzmul likes this.
  15. dawinner127

I like Douglas, but you can't say he has done a great job when he has whiffed on Becton at 11 and Zach at 2 overall. Those are massive misses.

16. NCJetsfan

He hasn't whiffed on either one, yet. He isn't responsible for Becton getting injured and missing the last two seasons. Similarly, he isn't responsible for Saleh hiring MLF and MLF proving to be such a dud, or for Greg Knapp dying. The story isn't complete on either Becton or Zach yet.

#116 NCJetsfan, Jul 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2023
    KingRoach likes this.
  17. dawinner127

Wilson was the worst QB in the league last year. He sucks. Up to this point Becton has been a colossal miss. There is no way you can spin either of these in JDs favor. Come on

18. NCJetsfan

I'm not spinning anything. Becton showed a lot of promise his rookie season. Again, JD cannot be blamed for Becton getting injured. Wilson hasn't looked good. Some of that his fault, but I lay most of the blame for his not looking good on Saleh and MLF. Nothing was done schemewise to help Zach, and they expected him to do too much too soon, especially while having to change his footwork. One can blame JD for not brining in a vet to start Zach's rookie season or if Zach doesn't develop, for drafting him, but again, the story hasn't ended on Zach or Becton. Becton could easily resurrect his Jets' career this year if he stays healthy, and Zach could develop and show that he will be ready to take over the starting role when Rodgers retires.

I don't write young players off as quickly as you and some of the others posters here.

19. bicketybam

I don't think the book is closed on Becton's NFL career but I think it is almost shut on his Jets career. The guy hates this fanbase and the fanbase hates him. The chances of him staying with the Jets are slim to none. If he turns out to be a good to great player with another team (or the Jets) then I wouldn't call that a miss.

Wilson is more difficult to define. I don't think that Douglas selecting him at 2 is some crazy notion. SF traded up to 3 and took Lance. That's fucking nuts if you ask me. Taking a QB at any spot other than 1 is usually a huge roll of the dice. I can't kill Douglas for doing it but as of now it's a total swing and a miss.

dawinner127 likes this.
  20. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

In Becton’s defense, the fanbase hates the Jets as a team, most of its players, staff and ownership.