Aaron Rodgers is a Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Apr 24, 2023.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Ok so then we have this years first and second rounders, a second next year plus a full cupboard beyond the second round. Sounds like a guy that values his draft picks.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Well thank God The NFL gives you 14 across those 2 years am I right lol. I didn’t expect him to trade all 14 for Rodgers duh

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Well then what’s your point? We gave up two valuable picks over two years. Have all the rest.

KY Jets Fan and Nyjets4eva like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I actually agree with you, but I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if JD did something like this. But based upon everything said by the Jets about Wilson, including how highly they rated him, I do think they believe he can be a good QB still for them.

hornblower likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers is a Jet!!!!!!!!! This is awesome. Very exciting day to be a New York Jets fan! :)

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This is spot IMO. Now add the fact that some here even think that the two moves up for AVT and Hall were done in error by JD solidifies that notion. Yes Zach was a disappointment and so was Becton injuries, we had a slow start but we sure as shit moving in the right direction, and that’s no small task after the absolute disaster of the last 2 GMs, completely obliterating the team we had and turning it into a pile of rubbish. So now we make a bold move for a team that desperately need a top QB now, and instead we keep beating the same dead horse about our record the past three years for a team that is a QB away from a win now. Plus we kept all our ammunition in the draft this year to bolster it, but that also went unnoticed.

Nyjets4eva and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Hopefully we get at least 2 years out if him.

8. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

One big question - Rodgers was due a $60 million payment between 3/17/23 and week 1 of 2023. Did the Packers make some or all of this payment? Very early on the Jets were saying that their trade proposal was a sliding scale, with more compensation if the packers make that payment. Since there were no other suitors, I would guess that the Packers did or retain the obligation to make this payment or Joe D wouldn't have given up what he did, but I guess we'll find out eventually.

I guess a follow up question - what happens if the packers retain the obligation to make the payment, but they don't make it until after 6/1 - does it then get split over 2 years for the packers and does it have any affect on the Jets salary cap?

#328 edray10, Apr 24, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
    BacktoQueens and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The point is it is too damn much. He was bidding against himself

BacktoQueens, tomdeb and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You, nor anyone outside the Jets and GB organizations knows this for a fact.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Sounding successful and being successful are two wildly different things.

JDs record here certainly isn't successful so far.

Ralebird likes this.
  12. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight….

We are officially in win now mode. Best shot at a Super Bowl in decades. Best QB in franchise history at the helm (even at his advanced age, for two years), Still have all of our picks in this draft and have to give up essentially one pick in next years draft (boo hoo!!!), AND PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING?!?! Good lord. I mean, really.

Bottom line… this is a good day to be a Jet fan.

13. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I'm ecstatic that this deal is finally done. When the Jets are churning up NFL teams next season like a harvester combine through a wheat field, no one will give a hoot what picks they gave up. You get what you pay for. Top 10 all-time quarterback. Aaron Rodgers is a New York Jet.

14. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

I think Rodgers was just done with GB. Assuming he stays relatively healthy, I think he plays at least two more seasons.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We're giving up about half for an MVP QB that Seattle gave up for a box safety. Two 2nd round picks for Aaron versus two 1st round picks Adams. I know 2024 can become a 1st round, but remember that picks a year out drop down a level.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

So if we win 12 games this year in your way of thinking that would still be a failure because the combined record is still under 500. So forget about getting better every year and making the playoffs with a decent QB, let’s keep going back to his first three years and fire him now.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Talk about the facts.

20-46 in 4 seasons. 13-37 if you don't count the first year when he didn't get to make many moves.

Only the Jets and the Lions would let a GM that bad have a 5th season.

18. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

This thread is proof positive that Jet fans will complain about literally anything.

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It starts with the draft. I was hoping we could get one of big 3 tackles, and was confident one is likely to be there at 13. It would really suck if one of them is there at 13, but will be gone by 15. Let's just hope the board falls our way. This 13 for 15 pick swap might mean we end up with the same guy anyway or it might mean we are going into different tier of talent. Hopefully it will be the former. I cannot wait until the draft to find out. We really need a top talent tackle. We are also giving up a second rounder, but the good news is that we have another one, so we could pick up a decent guy there, perhaps a DT?

Then the 1st rounder next year. That is a tough one to swallow. I didn't think it would be in the deal, but it appears we will not have a 1st next year. The hope is that it will be #32. But it will be a year without a first rounder so we would need to get players via free agency, find gems in later rounds. It will be tough. But I must admit, having Rodgers as a QB doesn't suck. Yes we did sacrifice a 1st round pick next year for short term gain, but I don't think there will be a lasting long term damage. If Rodgers stays two years, we will have all our 2025 picks to draft his replacement. First things first though, we need to get some luck in the draft and get that tackle.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

So you are saying that even if he goes undefeated he should get fired. Splendid. Enough said.