Aaron Rodgers is a Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Apr 24, 2023.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I can almost guarantee you it was Woody, meddling again in the worst way possible. Douglas turtled. He was going great guns there for a while keeping him out of things. That ship has now sailed and it's about to run aground. I'm really disappointed about this entire dog and pony show. Yugh. That's a combo of yawn, yuck, and ugh. I know I'm alone on island on this - well, OK, maybe with a couple of coconuts - but I did not want this at all. Neil O'Donnell here we come. I had a great time saying that. Somebody had to.

2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Look guys, did we give up too much? Yes we did. The 1st rounder next year is really the killer here. After Rodgers already said he will play for us, after GB said Love will start. After everyone knows GB is not writing him 60 mil dollar check. JD got fleeced. I still feel should have waited until the draft if this was the deal.

However, if someone told me after last season was over that we can get Rodgers for what amounts to 2nd and a 4th this year, and 1st next year assuming Rodgers plays, I would do it in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even think the deal would be available. The good news is, though we paid a lot, we have a real chance to win this year. We finally have a legit QB, who could legitimately but top 5-10 in NFL. Even if it is for short term. It will be an extremely fun season. Now, if we can get a tackle we want in this draft, in spite of trade down, it would definitely help!

Cosmo, jixxjr and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

A whole lot closer to what we gave for Favre. This was far too much. Especially given the context of It all. Far too much.

Only a Superbowl saves this. Imo

Cosmo and Hemi like this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Describe the team you watch and we can compare notes.

the team I watch keeps overpaying for their QB and loses every year primarily because of that fact.

Your turn.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

What is wrong with some here expressinf theur disappointment and being annoyed that they felt the Jets overpaid GB and could have got less if that is true? And how can you fault some here for raising eyebrows or questioning the moves that we waited for several months to make this deal happen especially the draft was just few days away?
    I am not mad about the trade deal as AR was a jet for months now. The package does seem steep imo especially at this time. I ll root for AR and the Jets no matter what because the jets can’t troll Wilson back out as QB.

6. Justwinit

Justwinit Active Member

When I heard the news-great. When I heard what we gave up (independent on what he may do for us) - discouraging. This deal took forever but not long enough apparently to hold on for less compensation. Someone on our side caved. I was excited for the draft but not now.

7. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

Looking at this from a draft value chart perspective:

Sent (2023 Draft):
    Pick 13 (1150 points)
    Pick 42 (480)
    Pick 207 (7)

Received:
    AR
    Pick 15 (1050)
    Pick 170 (22)

So, if we net the 2023 picks, based on value chart, it comes out to 565, or equivalent to around the second pick of the second round.

Plus:

Conditional 2nd/1st in 2024.

For a starting QB, who now puts the team in playoff/SB discussion.

I get that maybe he retires after a year, but this just seems fair to me......

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

we have a temporary fix at the QB position that's costing us a first round pick and more - hard to see this as anything but a desperation move - we need a long term franchise QB and this isn't going to do anything towards achieving that dream - IF (and its a huge IF) Rodgers plays great and we win a SB then no-one will care, but more likely we'll see Rodgers getting injured late in the season and then retiring.

ukjetsfan and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

When is the last time Rodgers didnt play 65% of snaps in Green Bay? This sure seems like gimme #1 for them in 2024.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Did you want a guy one year removed from back to back MVP seasons for free? Of course it’s a gimme first. We still have picks on day one and two this year. Most teams who trade for high caliber players don’t keep those. That’s the tradeoff for it being most likely a two year window.

ColoradoContrails and Poeman like this.
  11. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

After this trade, next season is a win-win. Either AR elevates the Jets to the postseason or our Keyser Soze of a GM gets the boot.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I hope Rodgers has fun here and gives us at least 2 years

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

No way does JD lose his job over this trade. Maybe everyone goes bust then sure but he killed it last year in the draft

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

If counter that him being on a snaps limit is important. I don't want him getting a torn acl early and we lose our 1st pick

15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Douglas got fleeced. Dumb dip!

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

If he retires after one season this trade was not worth it

Ralebird likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He's not losing his job now, but he knew he'd lose it if we miss the playoffs again, so he was like fuck it, if I go down, who cares what the team's future looks like.

Br4d likes this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Hypothetical

This season.

We go 8-9, we miss the playoffs, Rodgers played every game. Retires after the season. We lose our first next year. We now have a gaping hole at QB and no first round pick.

Is this trade still worth It to all of you?

Be honest. If so, why?

We literally just got that type of season with a bunch of bums playing QB for us last season. Without giving up a 1st and 2nd round pick.

The condition only being 65% playing time, Is absolute nonsense.

We can lose every fucking game and still lose that 1st round pick. Just wild to me.

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

DROY in his sophomore season
    OROY in his sophomore season
    Probable OROY if he didn’t get hurt in his sophomore season
    25 year old defensive anchor about to get locked up
    15th and 43rd picks this year

And somehow folks are whining about going all in and pretending we’ve totally mortgaged the future. Insanity.

UK_Chilts and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Guys, Aaron Rodgers is going to play for the Jets for at least 3 seasons and will average 4,000 yards and 30+ TD's a season. He wants another Super Bowl ring and will get it with the Jets.