Aaron Rodgers Main Thread #3

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well there it is

SOJ mentality of its bad and here comes worse

Fact: Hackett worked with AR in GB and the QB had an all pro year ..and I believe they were together when he went to SB. He is new Jets Offensive Coordinator

Fact: Lazard the WR who excelled with AR is on Jets roster ..he is also working out for practice with AR

Fact: AR wants to play for Jets but Trade not finalized

Fact: AR has been All Pro numerous times and probably currently in top 10 NFL QBs

Facts VS Unknowns is flagrantly apparent

Year after year consistently plays well ..has a down year last season..meh

Just carry on giving me a hard time Rale..knock yourself out

#161 NYJetsO12, Apr 14, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
    KingRoach likes this.
  2. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

It’s an established fact that the Jets can’t develop quarterback prospects. Why exactly would they run right out and acquire another one immediately after their most recent failure?

ColoradoContrails and Br4d like this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There are no problems with this set of facts but there's no reason to take them any farther to a conclusion that has not happened. At least you chose to give up on the reunion "fact." What's the hurry?

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

For clarity, the WR name is Lazard, not Lawson. I do believe he will excel with this group, and we might be bringing in one more stud WR to play along side Wilson. This new group will rock.

NYJetsO12 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  5. Greg999

Greg999 New Member

Hackett was not OC when Rodgers was in SB in 2011. It was Joe Philbin. McCarthy called the plays then.

Hackett has never called plays for AR. MaLF calls the plays in GB.

BrowningNagle and Ralebird like this.
  6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Hackett was in charge of the Red zone offense for Green Bay which included calling plays. The Packers had a top red zone offense.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This is a trade you make. Cheaper, way younger, and higher upside than Rodgers

8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Not sure I agree on your last point. Rogers upside is he can win is a super bowl. What's Trey Lances? Hopefully he becomes good though to win us a super bowl.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Some opinions in there not all facts.

Ralebird likes this.
  10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Proof? I don't recall teams switching play callers mid or late in drives. Maybe he designed some plays.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

And his was instrumental in designing a large part of the playbook and offensive schemes for MLF to suit AR.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Greg999

Greg999 New Member

Agreed. He helped design red zone offense. However, MaLF called the plays.

Fact: Hackett called plays as OC in Jacksonville and was fired.

Fact: Hackett called plays as HC in Denver and was fired.

Opinion: He was only hired as OC for Jets in an attempt to woo AR. He is a great guy, but hasn't proven to be a great playcaller.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  13. NYJetsO12

Really ? recent article on Hackett from Yahoo Sports
    In this article:

• Nathaniel Hackett
      American football coach
    • [​IMG]
      Aaron Rodgers
      [​IMG]|QB|#12

The Jets’ decision to hire Nathaniel Hackett as their offensive coordinator added fuel to speculation that they will make an attempt to trade for Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers this offseason and Rodgers’ relationship with Hackett came up during a Tuesday appearance on The Pat McAfee Show.

Hackett was the offensive coordinator in Green Bay when Rodgers won MVP awards in 2020 and 2021 and Rodgers had nothing but warm memories about the time they spent together.

14. NYJetsO12

I was essentially replying to ralebirds mistaken observation that AR is unknown commodity

So:
    Most accomplished QBs of the modern era
    Quarterback MVPs Rings
    Tom Brady 3 6
    Peyton Manning 5 2
    Joe Montana 2 4
    Brett Favre 3 1
    Aaron Rodgers 3 1
    Terry Bradshaw 1 4
    Steve Young 2 1
    Kurt Warner 2 1
    John Elway 1 2
    Pro Football Reference

Patriot likes this.
  15. NYJetsO12

Sounds interesting ..

But the Niners just have him and Purdy atm now that Jimmy G is now a Raider. And they wont trade him imo

Do you realize what absolute losers the NYJ franchise will look like after waiving trades on Derek C and Garrapolo for getting Aron Rogers ????

A half baked plan turning into a major fail because AR scares us of with "plans to retire " BTW Brady used to say that too

If we dont finish what we started It will cement us as the continuous laughing stock of NFL

16. Greg999

Greg999 New Member

Really ?

recent article on Hackett from Yahoo Sports
    In this article:
    • Nathaniel Hackett
      American football coach
    • [​IMG]
      Aaron Rodgers
      [​IMG]|QB|#12
    The Jets’ decision to hire Nathaniel Hackett as their offensive coordinator added fuel to speculation that they will make an attempt to trade for Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers this offseason and Rodgers’ relationship with Hackett came up during a Tuesday appearance on The Pat McAfee Show.

Hackett was the offensive coordinator in Green Bay when Rodgers won MVP awards in 2020 and 2021 and Rodgers had nothing but warm memories about the time they spent together.[/QUOTE]

Really.

https://www.denver7.com/sports/broncos/jets-hire-former-broncos-coach-nathaniel-hackett-as-offensive-coordinator#:~:text=Before joining the Broncos, Hackett,his salary with the Jets.

Second to last paragraph

Before joining the Broncos, Hackett served as Green Bay's offensive coordinator, though he did not call plays as he did previously in Jacksonville. The Broncos fired Hackett with three years remaining on his contract. They will receive an offset based on his salary with the Jets.

17. NYJetsO12

Really.

https://www.denver7.com/sports/broncos/jets-hire-former-broncos-coach-nathaniel-hackett-as-offensive-coordinator#:~:text=Before joining the Broncos, Hackett,his salary with the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Aaron Rogers is a Prima Donna and happens to get along with Hackett ...he also had conflict with "real "play caller LaFleur

I say just give the man what he wants

Gun to my head I would let Arron Rogers call his own damn plays ..you don't think he can do that Gregg?

Patriot likes this.
  18. Greg999

Greg999 New Member

Aaron Rogers is a Prima Donna and happens to get along with Hackett ...he also had conflict with "real "play caller LaFleur

I say just give the man what he wants

Gun to my head I would let Arron Rogers call his own damn plays ..you don't think he can do that Gregg?[/QUOTE]

He definitely can and probably should. My point being that Hackett is not good at it.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You're looking at the wrong thing. Your list is based on past performance of Rodgers, what he was - who cares what he did in Green Bay? What's important here, if Rodgers becomes a Jet, is what he will do in the future. If you have the ability to see into the future, please let us know, we all need some investment tips.. Until then what he can do for the NY Jets is unknown.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Trey Lance was 10 years old the last time Rodgers made it to the Super Bowl

It would be pretty surprising for a 40 year old to bounce back from a mediocre year and win a SB with a team that hasn’t made the playoffs in 12 years

but that’s the bar y’all have set. I can respect that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.