Woody is pissed... look out!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You responded to a question I asked of George Sakell who claimed Woody was "close to death" as if you were responsible for it which is kind of confusing. Could it be that you and Sakell are the same person and you got your IDs mixed up here?

2. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

No I'm not

I was rereading some of the earlier posts, and responded just from my own personal belief. I have no idea how anyone can say someone is close to death if they are not around the particular person, and that I would never personally wish that on anyone was my point.

Ralebird likes this.
  3. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Yes, the other owners him forcing to sell the team would be more ideal.

BrowningNagle and Cman68 like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Taken from ESPN/new york today:
    So I guess Woody does indeed still GAF about the Jets. If this shit doesn't get turned PDQ, '23 will be the end of the road for this CS.

5. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

I'm not wild about this coaching staff, but also not wild about going rogue here after 2 years yet again.

If Woody does this, I hope we go with a veteran coaching staff. Douglas as built a solid frame here, we don't need another set of coaches learning on the fly.

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  6. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Fire the whole coaching staff Woody especially if they lose 6 in a row

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-...-jets-offseason-goal-is-to-fix-broken-offense

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- New York Jets owner Woody Johnson was livid after last week's ugly loss to the Seattle Seahawks, team sources said. A five-game losing streak and playoff elimination will do that to a billionaire boss.

On Sunday, they will try to avoid becoming the first Jets team since the 1996 Rich Kotite misfits (1-15) to end the season with six straight losses. If they fall to the Miami Dolphins, Johnson's patience will be tested. It already seems to be eroding. He was visibly angry in the postgame locker room after previous losses as well, according to sources in the room.

This plus Michael Kay saying Woody is all in on Zach…It’s pretty crystal clear what’s happening now. We wanna blame Saleh, Douglas and hate LaFluer. Rightfully so. But this is all Woodys doing.

Oh boy, id be careful to want Saleh fired because this has the makings of a Gase type hire ahead. He’ll wanna force the next coach to fix and start Zach over anything else. This could get messy.

Cman68 and JetsKickAss like this.
  8. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

What coaching staff could win with this QB

I’d fire Douglas first tbh. He hasn’t done anything here. Sauce and Wilson fell to him as well.

NYJetsO12 and Br4d like this.
  9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I really hope that moron isn't giving any sort of order around Zach's future. And he also shouldn't overstep on orders around firing the OC either. If he wants to clean house, he better have a damn good plan. Otherwise, just stay the hell out of it.

I'm getting worried he's going to do something stupid and counterproductive. Actually, anything else would be a surprise.

Damn I do not trust that guy's judgment...

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He should be pissed. This coaching staff squandered a 6-3 start and allowed it to, by 4pm today, fall away into a 7-10 finish. That's unacceptable and Woody has every right to be furious about it.

Now, on the other hand, that doesn't mean that he should react without really thinking through the ramifications of what his potential firing spree might reap for the franchise in the future. But he has every right to be absolutely pissed about how this season has deteriorated.

#70 jets_fan, Jan 8, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    SOJAZ, NYJetsO12, JetFanInNE and 7 others like this.
  11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Woody Is mad? Good, sell the team.

This Is on your watch, Woody. It's the same result, over and over again.

Maybe the problem Is you... Fuck off already.

12. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Yeah "being pissed" and firing everybody doesn't necessarily need to go together.

From my perspective I'm not sure how you fire Saleh or Douglas. It seems pretty clear these guys have been able to bring in talented players and get them to play hard. The QB and the OC though I guess you can quibble especially if you think Zach Wilson can be salvaged. If your going to die on the Zach Wilson mountain I'm not sure how you can at least not try to have him work with someone else in another system. Its clearly not working well currently.

13. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Yeah, I posted Cimini's article in the OC position post.
    I like his suggestion of Kubiak, if they decide to keep Saleh & MLF.

As for Michael Kaye's take on Woody & Zach, I tend to believe Zach's mom, when she says she's met Woody once, & they're not friends. Kaye said they were good friends. I suspect Woody's angry about the whole mess, & on Zach, probably sees the utter incompetence in-so-far-as Zach's development.
    Just the QB chaos... check this quick read, outlining the the QB chaos this season... it really is no wonder the offense sucks. The players' heads must've been spinning...

https://elitesportsny.com/2023/01/0...-of-jets-nonsensical-qb-depth-chart-upheaval/

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I just hope the “All in on Zach” comment is just pure speculation.
    If true there is no hope in turning this around any tome soon.
    We will end up losing the talented guys we have, a QB like Zach is literally pulling money out of the wallet of guys like Garrett and Moore on the all important second contract.

15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Here’s the thing- this Coaching staff and FO have put us in a situation of having played a completely wasted year. 100% completely wasted. We came into this season with major questions at QB and OL that were supposed to be fixed with the progress of Zach and Douglas throwing a ton of money at the OL with guys like Tomlinson, LDT, Brown, Becton, and AVT. But now we’re ending this season and goin into the next season with those questions not only having not been resolved, but actually devolved into an even worse situation. I hate to constantly be the Debbie Downer here but we are in dreadfully bad shape. It’s going to ultimately cost us another coaching staff change eventually and another reset. They’re going to do something drastic that’ll make us slightly better than now but still not a threat to be elite in the league. The aim of leadership will be hitting mediocrity because it at least sells tickets. Think back to the John Kitna led Bengals. That’s our future for the next couple years until it’s blown up again.

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I don't think Woody deserves the ire he's received. I truly believe he wants to win.

SOJAZ likes this.
  17. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

OMG, I’m sure he does. Everyone hates him because he is a spoiled fool who never accomplished anything in his gilded life other than buying an NFL team with his daddy’s money and turning it into a punchline, and making some racist and misogynistic comments while representing his country to the UK.

He’s an absolute jackass.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't doubt this but I don't think he's capable of doing so because he can't get out of his own way. I got to look at results, the common denominator Is, Woody Johnson.

It's not personal. I just think he sucks as an owner.

NYJetsO12 and cmcm750203 like this.
  19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Wilson’s mom said on instagram that the Wilson family has only spoken to Woody Johnson 1 time and that was the day after the draft when the Jets welcomed Wilson to FP.

So the “woody is close to the wilson family” narrative seems to be bullshit

Ralebird, SOJAZ, JetFanInPA and 2 others like this.
  20. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Of course it's bullshit. Made up media story that sheeple fell for.