Thanks for Blowing it Vilma. - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsrock16, Jan 7, 2007.

1. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

The fumble pass hurt, but I agree with the original poster. He makes the sack there, they do not get the 1st, and at most it's 13-10... if he gets the fumble, itcould be 13-10 us or 17-10 us.

2. benyitz3

benyitz3 New Member

and he was clowning around afterward,

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Vilma made a bonehead play. Anyone who says otherwise needs to take the green glasses off. Did it cost us the game? Not necessarily, but there's no question that it was a truly horrible decision that lead to the Pats being in position to put points on the board.

4. benyitz3

benyitz3 New Member

Vilma had a bad game overall, in the second half Brady was picking his zone apart in coverage,

this game was lost at the line of scrimage period (both sides)
    Secondly,
    unimaginitive play calling in the red zone, and Nugents kicks do hurt

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Was is more than 2 seconds afterward?

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I haven't heard a single person say that yet.

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Jetsrock16, great post.

Vilma shouldn't have went for the strip sack, like he said he was trying to do. Vilma was the first to admit his wrong doings in the post-game press conference. But you can't blame Vilma for this loss. Plenty of other things occurred that led to the loss today.

8. benyitz3

benyitz3 New Member

I threw my Vilam jersey in the insinuator( gonna buy a 10)

A single play that changed the course of the game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before the half Vilma going for a careless flailing strip when all we needed was him to lock up Brady's feet, immediatly cost us points but more importantaly made us play catch up for the rest of the game. Simply unacceptable. He needed to set himself and make a basic tackle. We could have been leading going into the half.

On the same vein he shouldn't have picked up that blocked FG in NE, which cost us 35 yards in field positon, negated the blocked kick, and cost us the game.

In the end the wiing team was the one that controlled the line of scrimage on both sides. Chad can't

But Kudos to Chad and Mangini on a hell of a ride. (yes in that order)

Like Patrick Ewing in his time, Chad is severely underapprecited. He's a leader and a winner. Tremendous confidence on every 3rd down. Not to mention, he carried us the entire season without a RUNNING GAME. Play after play with the Pats rushing 4 they collapsed the pocket played 7 in coverge and Chad picked them apart.

Qb's in the playoffs

(1) Brady (Chad had him throw for throw until that stupid fluke lateral)
    (2) Peyton
    (3) Chad
    (4) Hassleback (tremendously overrated, solid running game, misrebile divison gets them a home game in the pathetic NFC everyear, )
    (5) Romo-Garcia
    (6) Mcnair
    (6) Rivers (they will lose next week because of his inexperience)
    (7) Kyle Bowler
    (8) toss up - Trent Green and every backup

Everone have a happy off season,

9. GAJETMAN

GAJETMAN Member

Did anyone notice on the extra points how he just stood there and didn't move?

Don't get me wrong I like him and hope he spends the rest of his career here.....but come on show alittle fight

10. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

i'd like to throw benyitz3 into the "insinuator"

11. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

It's his JOB to stay put, make sure they do not pull a fake to get 2..

I know, unlikely, but probably MORE likely than blocking it from his position

12. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

haha.. im starting to agree with you

13. GAJETMAN

GAJETMAN Member

I can understand that ...but walking toward the sidelines with your hands on your hips as the ball is snapped isn't going to stop a 2 pt conversion

14. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

thanks for not watching the game because if you did you would know that it wasnt vilma's fault. More of the D blame could be placed o the secondary. there were wy too many wide open WR's.

15. daking231

daking231 Member

yes the wideouts were open alot because of the blitzes we brought but that 1 play def. changed the way the whole game was played.. in the end it was a bad play but move on and come back stronger next year.

16. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

we didnt lose the game because of this one play. If one play decided a game then were not a good football team at all. We simply got beat by a better team today.

17. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Look the play hurt...The man was running downhill full speed and pretty much over-ran Brady and just tried to make a swipe. I'm not totally sure if he could of just stopped in his tracks and make the sack, but regardless, it was a big play for New England.

But to sit there and thank him for blowing it? Gimmie a break, the entire defense was just outmatched by the Patriots offense. The front 7 and the secondary were outplayed.

Vilma could of made a game-changing play, but I don't think he could of just stopped immediately running full-speed and not slip or whatever...But to blame him? Gimmie a F'N break.