MLF

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JackBower, Oct 23, 2022.

1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

So stupid. I thought they wanted to put the whole Moore saga behind them. He's got great speed he could have been clutch but, they decide to bench him? Didn't they play that game last week. Really dumb. Now he's even more pissed off. At least feature the guy and either keep him or if he's still disgruntled move him in the off-season.

wewantsapp likes this.
  2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

You have to be good at one point for that saying to have validity

3. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

We’re running the outdated 49ers offense. We won’t utilize all our WRs. Also our starting QB plays like a headless chicken if he gets any pressure in his face

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am still reflecting from today's loss

Reading the above Posts and the MLF decisions..can someone tell me how we actually won 5 games?

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Don't underestimate the damage JFM did.., once again; oh how i would relish seeing him kicked to the curb--irrational hate but I feel it.

6. BigAbruns

BigAbruns Member

He isn't even when he's in the room alone

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

MLF has his guys and if you're not one of them? Oh well. He abandoned the run game today because Hall was out. Nevermind we got 4 other guys who can pound the rock. Flex the game plan and use all your weapons? Hell fkn no. Not MLF's MO. Bears beat the Pats on the ground but we'll beat them in the air with Zach Wilson. Moore and Mims both have valid complaints but nothing will change because MLF is bulletproof as long as his big bro is besties with Saleh. I also think there's some fear about benching Wilson because of where JD drafted him. They're twisting themselves in knots trying to excuse his poor play.

JD bought in talent, but it has to be developed and utilized to yield results. MLF has to change but he won't.

Nyjets4eva, Jojo, papapump and 2 others like this.
  8. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Breece Hall with Alijah Vera Tucker blocking.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We won 5 games largely because other teams did not have access to their QB of choice. This alongside some early lucky breaks that helped the team come together and play much better in recent games until today. The Packer game would likely have been a loss early in the run but by the time we faced a real QB the team had gelled enough to take down a mediocre Packers team with a good QB.

If the Jets find a way to string together some competent QB play the team may well be able to gel again and win some games you wouldn't think were in the win column if you looked at them right now.

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yup, abandoned the run game for no real reason, Carter will be the next guy submitting a trade request.

11. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I don't know why this isn't a bigger talking point. 2 other teams ran 15 times this week - the Bucs who are a hot mess right now (albeit have Tom Brady, who even this year is light years ahead of ZW), and the Raiders who got shutout 24-0. Mind boggling.

Jojo, Cman68 and K'OB like this.
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I still don't think he's the problem for us. Could his playcalling be better? I don't doubt it, but the QB has to execute too.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Hit a receiver in stride?!?! pfffft

14. Amaru

Amaru Well-Known Member

Don't understand the hate for MLF. The passing game was clearly more effective today so we passed more – it's that simple. The fact that we were two scores down in the 4th also skewed the run/pass ratio. Frankly, with such an incompetent QB, it's difficult to really assess the OC. We could've had Bill Walsh calling the plays and it wouldn't have made a difference.

15. stinkyB

when in doubt, blame the guy behind the curtain

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Criticizing LaFleur because he called a lot of passing plays is wrong IMO. He didn't have his star RB, and Belichick set up the defense so run plays would go nowhere. He dared LaFleur to pass knowing even a league average QB would light them up, but Zach was trash and we lost.

All Gas No Shake and REVISion like this.
  17. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

It's hard, but there are moments in the game you think WTF.

He should have run more in the beginning and established the run against a team that struggled with it and had their best 2 run defenders out. 80 percent of his runs were first down run up the gut that we see 6 times a game. It's a first down punt.

He also had a 3rd and two and he did an empty backfield and the main target was 20 plus yards down field. If I was Saleh in telling MLF he's scrapping every empty backfield play he has in the book because he seems to be unable to call them at decent times.

I agree it's hard to see, but MLF causes way too many wtf was that moments for me.

ColoradoContrails and burf like this.
  18. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

We had Breece

19. burf

burf Well-Known Member

And Zach being so terrible, & making bad decisions, that tells you he's being coached properly?
    I've always been wary of Zach, but at 23, he's supposed to coach himself out of making stupid mistakes... or are coaches supposed to help??? Again, I've never been sold on Zach, nor did I want them to draft him, but so many of you laying everything on Zach, open your eyes. He 23 yrs old, & making the same mistakes, & that leads y'all to say he's being coached properly? And how about what's happening with Moore? MLF can draw Xs & Os, but hasn't a clue how to fit his talent into those Xs & Os, nor how to coach up the talent he has.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. stinkyB

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, and to expect him to be Patrick Mahomes is stupid.... but to excuse him from his bonehead plays today is just as stupid.

The bar isnt set very high, and he's not close to meeting it.

CotcheryFan likes this.